Time Change on your clock? - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 11-06-2011, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Time Change on your clock?

My 11 SL with NAV clock did not change today. I checked the settings and the Daylight savings setting was on and I was in the right time zone. I had to hit the -1hr to get the time correct. Is this a software glitch that can be fixed or do I have something not set correctly in my system?

Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-06-2011, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowietheGeek View Post
My 11 SL with NAV clock did not change today. I checked the settings and the Daylight savings setting was on and I was in the right time zone. I had to hit the -1hr to get the time correct. Is this a software glitch that can be fixed or do I have something not set correctly in my system?

Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks

Remember 48 states, not all, observe daylight savings time. Hawaii and most of Arizona do not. Undoubtedly partly because of this, The 2011/2012 Murano is not supposed to change the clock in regard to Daylight Savings Time without owner intervention. You need to go to settings - clock and toggle ON or Off Daylight Savings time. This is the way it is designed. Another words when Daylight Savings Time ends you manually toggle your setting to OFF. Daylight Savings Time starts you manually toggle to ON.

From the 2011 Nissan Navigation System Owner's Manual:

[Daylight Savings Time]:
Select to toggle the daylight savings time
setting between on and off. The indicator
light illuminates when the daylight savings
time setting is set to on.

eeeee
#3 Old 11-07-2011, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I always thought when daylight savings time is toggled to on, the clock automatically changes at the appropriate time in fall and then changes back in spring . When off, it does not change automatically. At least that is how it works on other systems I have seen that have the feature. So if you have the daylight saving toggled "on" and is not doing it, it could be that the program is still based on the old daylight savings schedule we had several years ago.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#4 Old 11-07-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebelkhan View Post
I always thought when daylight savings time is toggled to on, the clock automatically changes at the appropriate time in fall and then changes back in spring . When off, it does not change automatically. At least that is how it works on other systems I have seen that have the feature. So if you have the daylight saving toggled "on" and is not doing it, it could be that the program is still based on the old daylight savings schedule we had several years ago.
Well, I read the manual and looked over the actual set-up on the 2011 Murano. Appears to be just a toggle On / OFf of Daylight Savings time with no automation as you see in some other devices/systems.

eeeee
#5 Old 11-07-2011, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Strictly a manual operation. Up to you to toggle on/off, no automation involved. Our current Lexus (and previous ones) were the same way.

2012 Infiniti FX 35 Midnight Mocha
2010 Lexus GS 350 AWD Smokey Granite Mica
2009 Murano LE Silver (gone)
2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD Flint Mica (gone)
2005 Lexus RX 330 Thundercloud (gone)
2007 Lexus IS 250 AWD Flint Mica(gone)
2001 Lexus RX 300 (gone)

The Second Amendment, America's Original Homeland Security
#6 Old 11-07-2011, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
So let me understand:

When Daylight savings time arrives:
Go your car
Toggle on "daylight Savings"
Clock goes back one hour

When Daylight savings time ends:
Go to your car
Toggle off "daylight Savings"
Clock goes forward one hour

This does not make sense to me. Might as well adjust the clock manually!

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#7 Old 11-07-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebelkhan View Post
So let me understand:

When Daylight savings time arrives:
Go your car
Toggle on "daylight Savings"
Clock goes back one hour

When Daylight savings time ends:
Go to your car
Toggle off "daylight Savings"
Clock goes forward one hour

This does not make sense to me. Might as well adjust the clock manually!
No question, yes, it is what it is...
Personally, I have no problem with having to make a single selection on a Nav screen to turn Daylight Savings on/off.
I can understand why Nissan opted to do it that way. It probably is the simplest solution that would fit most scenarios..

eeeee
#8 Old 11-12-2011, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spring forward - click ON
Fall back - click OFF

Took me a year to figure it out! ;-)

2010 Murano LE w/ AWD, Navigation, Weathertech Floorliners, LED DRLs, SportWing Side Moldings, VG Sharkfin Antenna, Cloud Rider Mesh Grill, NON-beeping liftgate
#9 Old 11-12-2011, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Consider it a part of your personal exercise program.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#10 Old 11-13-2011, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Personally I would ignore such operation,Its a piece of crap since the clock itself is not accurate. So what I do is change the clock to the right time.

I don't understand why Nissan put this crap there. Either you update the clock my means of satellite or don't put such a crappy option on an expensive car.

Same thing when the weather is under 3 celsius, it displays ICY, I put the option off, and it still displays. Nissan should have given a menu, with all the option, and check what you want to to be displayed, but make it work
#11 Old 03-10-2012, 08:53 PM

Reminder: You need to go to settings on your Nav unit - clock and toggle ON or Off Daylight Savings time.

Remember 48 states, not all, observe daylight savings time. Hawaii and most of Arizona do not. Undoubtedly partly because of this, The 2011/2012 Murano is not supposed to change the Nav unit clock in regard to Daylight Savings Time without owner intervention.You need to go to settings - clock and toggle ON or Off Daylight Savings time. This is the way it is designed. Another words when Daylight Savings Time ends you manually toggle your setting to OFF. Daylight Savings Time starts you manually toggle to ON.

From the 2011 Nissan Navigation System Owner's Manual:

[Daylight Savings Time]:
Select to toggle the daylight savings time
setting between on and off. The indicator
light illuminates when the daylight savings
time setting is set to on.

eeeee
#12 Old 03-10-2012, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
That doesn't even make a bit of sense.

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#13 Old 03-10-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
That doesn't even make a bit of sense.
Does to me ........ By the way, what I posted refers to Muranos, Jukes, etc. with Nav. For non Nav vehicles you just reset the clock forward or backward an hour.

eeeee
#14 Old 03-11-2012, 12:31 AM
HVT

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I just did ours and as soon as I set it to ON, it jumped ahead an hour so it is a manual operation thing. Why bother with a setting if it doesn't do it on its' own. Just set the clock ahead or back yourself. Kinda dumb to me.

Nav
Chromed stainless rear bumper protector
Retrofit 5k HIDs
235/65-18 Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons
#15 Old 03-11-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVT View Post
I just did ours and as soon as I set it to ON, it jumped ahead an hour so it is a manual operation thing. Why bother with a setting if it doesn't do it on its' own. Just set the clock ahead or back yourself. Kinda dumb to me.
I did mine early also.. Yes, as soon as you toggle on, it jumps ahead one hour. Yeah, they really could have just omitted the toggle but really, it does make it a tiny bit more convenient.

As for doing it on it's own, again, as I mentioned early on in this thread, remember 48 states, not all, observe daylight savings time. Hawaii and most of Arizona do not. Undoubtedly partly because of this, The 2011/2012 Murano is not supposed to change the clock in regard to Daylight Savings Time without owner intervention.

To the best of my knowledge Nissan has the Daylight Savings time toggle like on our Murano, on all the newer models with Nav.

eeeee

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: