User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 01-13-2012, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First post 09 LE added LED parking light and fogs

Hi All,

First post here. Got an 09 LE. Light parking light upgrades and white fogs. Looks SOOO much better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-15-2012, 01:06 AM

hi can i ask what did you use for fog lights? I have a 2009 SL and want to change the fog yellow to fog white...
#3 Old 01-15-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydude View Post
hi can i ask what did you use for fog lights? I have a 2009 SL and want to change the fog yellow to fog white...
My description may be a bit misleading after re-reading it. I purchased these LED's for the parking lights. They are really good and provide actual light without glare for oncoming drivers.

LED Lights, Bulbs & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS WLED-xHP15-TAC

I purchased some cheap white Halogens from Pepboys for the fogs for like $20 and I was amazed at how well they match (lucked out really). I plan on going HID for the fogs at some point.

Sorry for any misunderstanding!
#4 Old 01-16-2012, 12:57 PM

So did you upgrade the HID bulbs?
#5 Old 01-16-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer516 View Post
My description may be a bit misleading after re-reading it. I purchased these LED's for the parking lights. They are really good and provide actual light without glare for oncoming drivers.

I purchased some cheap white Halogens from Pepboys for the fogs for like $20 and I was amazed at how well they match (lucked out really). I plan on going HID for the fogs at some point.

Thank you for the reply...I am little confused with your response...My 2009 SL already have HID whites for the headlight. The fog is yellow.It seems you were able to make it look white and match the headlight with simple bulb replacement.

Why do we need to make it HID? Can you please give some info about the difference ....I am really challenged with car terms and any DIY tasks...Appreciate any response on this topic.
#6 Old 01-17-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiman View Post
So did you upgrade the HID bulbs?
Headlight bulbs are stock D2S
Fogs are currently cheap white halogens from Pepboys that look amazingly good and offer good light. I want to upgrade these to HID in the near future.
#7 Old 01-17-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydude View Post
Thank you for the reply...I am little confused with your response...My 2009 SL already have HID whites for the headlight. The fog is yellow.It seems you were able to make it look white and match the headlight with simple bulb replacement.

Why do we need to make it HID? Can you please give some info about the difference ....I am really challenged with car terms and any DIY tasks...Appreciate any response on this topic.
You are correct, the stock headlights are HID 4300K. The stock fog lights are not "yellow" per se, they just look more that way when put up against the stock HID headlights. A simple swap of the fog light bulbs to a "white" halogen bulb makes all the difference in my opinion. You could try the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. they are a bit pricey. I will take a picture of my bulbs I bought when I get home.

HID's for the fog lights is purely a personal decision. HID's offer much better light output with clearer cutoff points which I like.
#8 Old 02-05-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer516 View Post

Looks nice! Did you order the cool white or the warm white? Thanks.

2011 Graphite Blue over Beige LE AWD - Navigation - Dealer installed Remote Start
Stainless Steel Bumper Protector - Weathertech Digitalfit Floor Liners - Cargo cover
OEM Cargo mat - 35% tint - Interior LED's - 3" C.F. Antenna - Bumper LEDs
#9 Old 02-06-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlu View Post
Looks nice! Did you order the cool white or the warm white? Thanks.
Thanks Cool White is the way to go; nearly a perfect match to the stock HID headlights.

2009 LE, Sahara Sand, Black Leather, 2012 Tail Lights, K&N Air Fliter, LED Parking, Passenger door and License plate lights, Video Bypass, Custom Garmin 5" Nav install, Husky custom molded all weather floor mats. COMING SOON: Gunmetal powdercoated stock 20's, custom painted calipers (BLACK).
#10 Old 02-06-2012, 10:31 PM

hey guys, what bulb size again do we have on the fogs? (sorry I did not fully read the manual yet)

thanks

previous owner of '12 SL AWD
glacier pearl

#11 Old 02-10-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANSwee View Post
hey guys, what bulb size again do we have on the fogs? (sorry I did not fully read the manual yet)

thanks
My 2011 LE takes a 35W H8 halogen for the fogs.

RR, thanks for a very inspiring post. I checked with my local parts dealer today and learned that Sylvania Silverstars aren't available in H8. The guy there suggested I look online, but the selection is overwhelming with a preponderance of "cool blue" 7000K bulbs. Any chance you know the make or brightness of the bulbs you picked up at PBs? Thanks!

Edit: I just ordered a set of H8f Hoen xenonmatch bulbs from http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm. They are rated at 4000K and if that is accurate I suppose it's as close a match (on paper anyway) as I'm going to find. I'll give a report once they arrive and I have them installed. Like the Silverstars, they may not be suited to everyone's budget.
#12 Old 02-10-2012, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I installed Hoen fog bulbs H8. They look great bright white almost a perfect match with the headlights.

2009 LE Blue w/tan
Nav
Nissan DRLs
Stainless Bumper
Weathertechs
#13 Old 02-15-2012, 09:20 PM

Thanks, Blinky. My Hoens arrived today and put them in straightaway. I was only able to observe them from the confines of my garage and haven't had a chance to get a full-on view, but they do appear to be a much better match than the stock fogs.

Now I'm waiting for the LED parking lights so I can be just like Mr. RR!
#14 Old 02-16-2012, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Glad you like them. I also installed LEDs to replace the reverse bulbs. Not expensive and they look great.

2009 LE Blue w/tan
Nav
Nissan DRLs
Stainless Bumper
Weathertechs
#15 Old 03-18-2012, 07:16 PM

As cool as having LED or bright white lights on as your fog lights is you basically lose the purpose of your fog lights. The lights aren't Xeon or led for a reason, that because Xeon and LED lights reflect and don't pearce it like the normal lights do.

This weekend the fog in the city that I live in was very dense that I could I see my HID head lights reflecting off the fog, while my fog lights allowed me to see the road surface more clearly.

A.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: