Nissan Murano Forum banner

Anyone Have Issues with the TPMS?

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  aaroutio 
#1 ·
Being the "dumb" type TPMS, my 2012 Murano only tells me I have a low tire(s) not where they are. So after sitting out all day in -2 F temps, the alert came on. So, I had to check them all. What I found was one at 31#, one at 29# and 2 at 28#. I aired them all back up to 35# and everything was fine.

Hopefully the 2015 model will have a "smarter" TPMS to eliminate this guesswork.

#3 ·
I agree, was fine with the old check it yourself system ;)

Two things:
1. The tpms IS useful if you pick up a nails or get another slow puncture and are on a long trip...that could be disaster on the highway if you didn't know and kept on driving....so glad we have it for that reason alone.

2. I find I must inflate to at least 34 all around to make light go off...higher than OEM pressure on door plate.

Anyway, I drive with the darn light on all winter because I have the winter tires and wheel on the MO, so I never know for sure what my pressure is unless I whip out the wicked smart tire gauge...it tells me the exact pressure for each wheel, whether it has tpms or not :rolleyes:

#4 ·
I check the pressure every couple of weeks and keep at 37 all year round. Have not had light come on once.

#5 ·
Are you running Nitrogen in yours? Dealers in TX have been using Nitrogen on new vehicles for a couple of years now which translates to fewer pressure checks for me. I do spot checks every now and then but I've gone a month + at times because it just doesn't fluctuate that much for me between service intervals.

#6 ·
Our dealer uses nitrogen also. We haven't had to adjust our pressures at all. Our first oil change/ tire rotation is tomorrow, they will check it then.

#7 ·
The nice thing about this is that it's easier to detect trouble with a tire since fluctuations in pressure really stand out. Especially if enough to trigger a TPMS warning light.

Reactions: BamaTim
#11 ·
I installed EZ-sensors on my winter rims. They are programmed to match factory sensors. When I switch to winter tires, TPMS continues to work just fine
Did dealer have to program these to match existing tpms frequency or is this something the EZ sensors can "learn" from existing sensors?

Edit: it appears these are the sensors http://www.ez-sensor.com/index.html
No info on cost, but they do need to be programmed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.