Replacing front parking/turn signals? - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 02-19-2012, 01:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Replacing front parking/turn signals?

So I've tried to search Google and this site for any DIY on how to remove the parking light on the 2011 Murano but to no avail. I tried to do it my self but its a real pain in the ass to get to the parking lights and I eventually just gave up. Has anyone done it before? Any info on how to remove would be really appreciating. I'm trying to replace the halogen yellow parking lights with led's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	140.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	17077  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Qat

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
This is the turn signal bulb, right? I had to replace one of mine, and it requires removing the grille. Check threads on installing the LED DRLs and you will find instructions for removing and replacing the grille, as well as anecdotal precautions and tips.

2010 SL Tinted Bronze/Beige | Leather | Premium | 360°
LED DRLs | Interior LEDs | Aluminum Pedals | All Weather Mats & Cargo Liner | Fumoto Oil Drain Valve | Reese Hitch
#3 Old 02-19-2012, 03:41 PM

Dang, I knew it. I mean I removed the plastic clips and everything from the top but to actually pull the grill of or something kind of scared me; I mean i dont want to break it since its plastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qat View Post
This is the turn signal bulb, right? I had to replace one of mine, and it requires removing the grille. Check threads on installing the LED DRLs and you will find instructions for removing and replacing the grille, as well as anecdotal precautions and tips.
#4 Old 02-19-2012, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Last week, I installed LED running light in the extended head lamp housing, DIY and at that time, I had to remove the grille at cold outside. I was worrying about the same thing because plastics're getting brittle when it's cold and it was really hard to pull out in the beginning. So, I sprayed WD40 on every pawls on the bottom side and let them soak a little bit. After that, it was a lot easier to pull out the grille.
This may help you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1796309__murano_grille.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	17078   Click image for larger version

Name:	1796309__murano_grille_2.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	17079  

2011 Murano SV AWD Canadian Spec.
- Carbon Silver / Black
- DDM 5k HID Conversion
- 1080p Dash Cam./ Vehicle Recorder
- DIY 5-LED Running Lights
- Factory Rubber Floor Mats
- Bosch Windshield Blades
#5 Old 02-19-2012, 05:12 PM

MuranoSV- Thank you for that information I really appreciate it; But damn I mean how did you actually remove the grill; Those "pawls" (they look like clips or something to me) don't look like they seem to budge I mean, when you free the grill from them does the grill just slide out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuranoSV View Post
Last week, I installed LED running light in the extended head lamp housing, DIY and at that time, I had to remove the grille at cold outside. I was worrying about the same thing because plastics're getting brittle when it's cold and it was really hard to pull out in the beginning. So, I sprayed WD40 on every pawls on the bottom side and let them soak a little bit. After that, it was a lot easier to pull out the grille.
This may help you.
#6 Old 02-19-2012, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
After spraying of WD40 and soaking of it, I pressed the clip on both side up and let them pulled off then, pull and shake the whole grille to the front side. At that time, I heard a sound which is like breaking plastic but it's getting loose and finally it came out. I thought I broke a pawl but it was OK.

2011 Murano SV AWD Canadian Spec.
- Carbon Silver / Black
- DDM 5k HID Conversion
- 1080p Dash Cam./ Vehicle Recorder
- DIY 5-LED Running Lights
- Factory Rubber Floor Mats
- Bosch Windshield Blades
#7 Old 02-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Qat

I actually did manage to break a pawl when I installed the DRLs, but it did not affect the fit of the grille. I wouldn't want to have more than one broken, though. I didn't do the WD40 trick, but I did find that I had to get the pawls loose from one side, keep some pressure on that side to keep them from popping back into place, and work the other side out (I hope that made sense). It's not easy, but after you've done it once the next time will be easier.

LED DRLs | Interior LEDs | Aluminum Pedals | All Weather Mats & Cargo Liner | Fumoto Oil Drain Valve | Reese Hitch
#8 Old 02-22-2012, 08:14 PM

hmm... the newer cars get, the harder it is to replace or change simple things.
#9 Old 02-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Qat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharma21 View Post
hmm... the newer cars get, the harder it is to replace or change simple things.
That's the truth. My first car was a 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 with an I6, no air conditioning, nothing vacuum powered or computerized. I remember doing a major overhaul on it with my dad. There was more open space than engine in the bay. :-)

#10 Old 02-23-2012, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qat View Post
That's the truth. My first car was a 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 with an I6, no air conditioning, nothing vacuum powered or computerized. I remember doing a major overhaul on it with my dad. There was more open space than engine in the bay. :-)
That's wild. My first car was a Galaxie 500 with the 289. I got it while in college. You could change spark plugs in about 5 minutes, and I used to change the points, condenser and rotor. I guess you had to have an easy to work in space because the old engines took a lot more maintenance.
#11 Old 02-23-2012, 04:51 PM

It's just that, the newer that cars get, they keep piling more plastic on top of the other and its always making you fear that if you try to change something you have to bypass this and that, and since its plastic there's a higher risk and fear that it'll just snap and break easily.
#12 Old 03-12-2012, 10:10 PM

updates?

do you really need to take off the grille? have you tried a LED with switchback?

previous owner of '12 SL AWD
glacier pearl

#13 Old 03-14-2012, 04:36 PM

Just checked the engine bay-- yeah its kinda pita to access that turn signal bulb.. Anyone knows the bulb size?

Tia

previous owner of '12 SL AWD
glacier pearl

#14 Old 03-14-2012, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
New cars are made to assemble fast and without a lot of thinking - hence they use plastic clips rather than screws. Assemblers can then slap things together quickly. You can remove screws (used in older cars) lots of times with no damage, but clips tend to break when removed. Modern carmakers are real big on replacing parts, not repairing them. Labor costs too much to repair things - that's why warranty work on anything smaller than a transmission (and sometimes even trannies and engines) is to replace them rather than repair them.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#15 Old 03-16-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANSwee View Post
updates?

do you really need to take off the grille? have you tried a LED with switchback?
Yeah, you need to remove the grill. I dont think im going to put the bulbs in, just sounds a little risky; I dont feel like snapping or want to break anything since the suv's like 3 months old.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: