Nissan Murano Forum banner

Gen III Murano?

9K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  dwells50 
#1 ·
Anybody have one yet? Sat in one at NAIAS on Saturday. Seem to be pretty nice.

#2 ·
Yeupp, check the welcome threads. A couple of proud new owners have already posted their experiences.

#3 ·
Got my 2015 last Saturday. Quite the ride. Platinum- Gun Metal Grey. I originally was waiting for a Brilliant Silver, which came in the same day I was picking mine up. Gun Metal is the much better looking vehicle. Better color match and blending with the wheels, wheel well trim and tail light area.

#6 ·
Welcome @Gino and congratz! What color did you go with?

#8 ·
My car is Black on Black with tech pkg. It came in with the Ambient light pkg which at $280. is a waste. Where I could really use a light is in the box in the console. Can see anything in there and a light would have been helpful. Other than trying to get the Text feature to work, I really like the car.
I agree My 09 had a light in the small storage cubby next to the shifter and lights under each door handle. Both were removed with the 2011 freshening. I've also seen in some Kias and Fords the beverage holders have an LED ring at the bottom. Cool feature IMO

Reactions: DarkMeth
#9 ·
I think maybe I'm nuts.....lol...or bias maybe. I drove the new Mo and was very disappointed (really liked the looks and wanted to upgrade). It just doesn't have the same nimble (as nimble as a Mo can be anyhow) feel anymore. And the switchgear, namely steering wheel buttons, wiggled and felt cheap. Too bad because I did like the interior otherwise.

#13 ·
Just got a 2015 Murano Platinum yesterday, it was a replacement for a 2011 LE. Nice ride, I REALLY like it. Couple of things I am wondering - where to get a hood protector and how to stop the NAV from coming on each time I start it - on my 11, whatever setting I had on the display last, i.e., audio, fuel economy, etc. was there when I started it up again. If I had the NAV on in the 11 when I shut it off, that is what started on the display the next time.

I cant see to find a setting that will allow you to keep the last display, for example audio, on upon subsequent startings, it always starts the NAV.

Any ideas or comments?

#16 ·
Just bought a 2015 Murano over the weekend so I had to come join this forum! We like the car (silver SL with graphite interior) and can't wait for our first road trip. One issue we're having plus a funny story to follow. First the funny story: The dealer gave us two keys and unfortunately one was for anther car which had been sold to another customer. Somebody else is driving around with one of my keys! The issue I'm having trouble with is the Nissan Connect Apps. The only app that shows up is the Google Search. I'm on Android and have no problem having the phone connect to the car with the Nissan Connect app but no matter what I've tried I can't get Facebook, Pandora, TripAdvisor etc apps to show up, only Google. Does anyone have an Android phone and have more than Google app show up?

#17 ·
Got a White Pearl Platinum AWD with available Package and Tow Hitch, delivery will be this Sunday.
Ordered the $35 net then found out it already comes with the Platinum, saved myself "a lot of money"
Was surprised by how much the Trunk cover cost! $215. That will have to wait.
Trying to find more info on it over here.

#19 ·
Was surprised by how much the Trunk cover cost! $215. That will have to wait. Trying to find more info on it over here.
Are you talking about the retractable cargo area cover? If so, I ordered one with mine, and it's still not come in yet. I got my Murano in January, so it's been about three months now. The dealer told me that it has been removed as an accessory from the Nissan web site. He believes it could be a problem with a supplier, and once they get a deal with a new vendor it will be available again. If it goes longer than six months, I'll ask for that money to be refunded to me.

#20 ·
Still have not found a hood protector - perhaps soon??

As far as the nav, it was bugging me so I went to the dealership and had them start a couple of the 15s with nav - all did the same thing - the nav started initially. Perhaps if I ever use the Nissan Connect feature that may do something different. But for now, I have gotten used to it!!

#22 ·
As far as the nav, it was bugging me so I went to the dealership and had them start a couple of the 15s with nav - all did the same thing - the nav started initially. Perhaps if I ever use the Nissan Connect feature that may do something different. But for now, I have gotten used to it!!
I still find that odd with the Navigation. I know that when I turn off the audio, it defaults to the map screen. So, does it do this even if you have the radio on??

#21 ·
Nav

Well, the nav starting was bugging me, so out of curiosity I headed to the dealership, told them what I was experiencing so we started a couple of others with nav, all did the same thing. So I guess that is how its programmed to start each time. Its not a big deal, just seemed a little strange to me for a while.

#24 ·
I have the intelligent key-link system enabled. Maybe that is the difference.

Try enabling key linking from the set up menu and link your key and see if that solves the problem.
That's a good idea, although I'm unclear on what the intelligent key-link actually does for you. I have mine linked, because it kept asking me if I wanted to link it. I didn't really notice any differences after doing it, though.

#25 ·
The manual is clear as mud, but key-link is supposed to remember many vehicle settings when you last shut off the car. If you open the door with the linked key, it should revert to those settings. These include the seat and mirrors, but also some of the vehicle information display information.

See page 9 of the Quick Reference Guide which you can download free from here:

https://owners.nissanusa.com/nowners/navigation/manualsGuide

#28 ·
After 3 different Mo's I can attest to the fact that they are VERY prone to rock damage on the hood. I counted about 30 rock strikes that looked significant. I never liked the look of a hood protector. A little chip repair kit and most of them are virtually invisible to anyone standing at arms distance. Invest in a good chip repair kit and throw the hood protector in the trash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.