User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 05-01-2012, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
More likes/dislikes an great info on the ALIGNMENT

Hey everyone,

I thought it might be nice to post an update on my experiences. I've now had my MO for 3 1/2 months. It's been in for its first oil change and I've spent an interesting couple of hours working with the Nissan tech who has done all the work on my car so far (hitch installation, door trim replacement, alignment). With only 2500 miles on the car, it's not really broken in, but I have had enough time to develop some more "likes/dislikes" that maybe some folks will want to read about. Here goes....

1- The 20-inch wheels are absurdly sensitive to front-end alignment (particularly toe). I have never been happy with the on-center alignment of the steering wheel; it's always been off to the right about an inch. This was enough to make me ask for an alignment when the hitch was installed. Although the service writer told me that the alignment wasn't off "by much", the centering of the steering wheel was still off too much for my tastes. I waited until my first oil change at 2100 miles/3 months to ask about it again. Figuring that I'm a way-too-picky owner (and I am I guess), the service manager asked if I'd take a ride with the technician to show him what I meant by "off-center steering wheel". Well, to shorten this long story, I can say that almost 2 hours later and after a ride in an SL with 18-inch wheels, the technician and I were both under the car on the lift in the garage. He adjusted the toe to spec after I had centered the wheel myself. The car is extremely sensitive to toe with the big wheels/tires in terms of the weight being carried in the car. That is, if you have one or two passengers on the right side of the car, the wheel will tend to move to the left. If just the driver is in the car, the wheel will tend to move to the right. I don't mean the car will wander or pull....I am referring to the on-center position of the steering wheel in these conditions.

I learned that the dealer actually knows about the 20-inch wheel/alignment/centering issue but not really how to fix it. They just want to talk customers out of complaining about it. Because this was a warranty adjustment that they were doing on my car for the 2nd time, they didn't want to bill Nissan for it (looks bad for them), so I got the standard "It's normal" speech at first. But, because I am a picky, but a polite-yet-persistent customer whom they had already appealed to twice to let them off the hook as far as their Nissan surveys go, they were willing to indulge me. Oh, and it was a very slow Saturday for the shop.

The bottom line is that if you're picky about on-center position of the steering wheel, you should have the alignment checked. If you own an SL with the 18-inch wheels you won't likely see this issue. The SL I drove for about 6 miles to verify that it felt different than mine rode about the same as mine, but its steering on-center positioning didn't vary at all with weight in the car (I drove it both with and without the technician and the service manager). Oh, one more thing....if toe has been off for a while (as mine was) the tires will have a slight feathering effect. This, too, affects the center feel. As the tires wear, the centering will, well, center itself a bit more.

2- After having the oil changed to Mobil 1 Advanced 5W-30 (and the toe alignment) my gas mileage instantly jumped almost a mile gallon even though at the same week I had to start using the A/C most of the time. I was disappointed to find out that the dealer lets their least-competent workers do the oil change. They even have an open window from the waiting area to the shop so that you can see the work being done on your car. I watched the two guys working on the car. It took them twice as long as a Jiffy Lube change would take. Also, although the jug of oil I gave them had 5 quarts (the fill spec is 4 7/8 quarts with filter), they put just 4 quarts in the car. This was before the long interaction with the technician over the alignment. I asked him about it and he cheerfully offered to check the oil level. Sure enough, it showed a quart down. He asked the two guys who had done the work for their funnel and put the proper amount of oil in himself. As he was doing this under my watchful eye, I asked if it was typical of the shop to be this far off (I knew that it was as they've done the same thing with our 2008 Altima on more than one occasion). He admitted that the guys doing the work "needed better training." I agreed and later spoke with the service manager about it. I got an "I'm sorry."

3- I decided to renew the XM radio after the trial period. I did not sign up for the Traffic/Weather package as it was more than the music package. I paid a total of $100 for a year of the Select package (their lowest offering). I've always been able to get the lowest price for our Altima by threatening to cancel or in this case by saying I'd just be happy with the streaming Bluetooth and Slacker through my cell phone. That got the price dropped in a hurry.

4- I love the streaming Bluetooth, both for my cell phone as I mentioned, but also for my iPod touch (4th gen). While I do connect my iPod by the USB port, it's also convenient to use the Bluetooth as my passenger can play with the iPod to find songs, podcasts, or generally fiddle around with the iPod (play games) all while streaming the audio to the car. Neat.

BTW, the streaming Bluetooth will be a relatively low-cost option in the 2013 Altima. The nav/electronics package will retail for just over $1000 instead of $1850 (although it won't be the same radio head unit). Almost all the manufacturers are rushing to add this feature to their cars. Some call it "Pandora streaming" but what it really is is Bluetooth AD2AP.

5- I love the electric hatch. Love it. Yeah, I've mentioned this before.

6- I don't so much like the auto windshield wipers, even with a coating of Rain-X as was recommended by someone here. It still is unreliable.

7- I am really happy with the Ventureshield paint protection film. It's been flawless, easy to clean (particularly after I coated it with the X-Pel brand protection wax which I bought online), and rock solid.

8- I wish I could say the same about the lower bumper and the radiator. After a drive in a dust storm last month, I was shocked to find that the lower part of the radiator (the part that is wide open to the wind due to the design of the lower bumper) was pitted in several places from bugs and rocks. The upper radiator was fine (it has the grill as protection). I have ordered the add-on grill from Cloud Rider. I will post pictures when it's installed. I chose the Cloud Rider based on the info from another poster here and the nice chat I had with the people who build it (in Canada). This is the one area of the Murano's design which I feel was a mistake by Nissan.

9- I am getting between 18 and 20.5 mpg in a mixture of driving. On one "long trip" at 1800 miles (the trip was 100 miles) I got 24 mpg. I think this is great considering the size, weight, and comfort of the vehicle.

10- I am sure I can think of more things...but will have to do so later. I'll post this and see if anyone's interested. Please leave me your comments. Thanks!

Peace,

WB

2012 AWD LE Platinum, Pearl White

Factory: splash guards and floor/cargo mats
Dealer: Nissan tow hitch, wheel locks, hood protector

WeatherTech FloorLiner front, rear, cargo

WeatherTech TechShade
VentureShield paint protection film
Cloud-Rider stainless steel grill inserts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-01-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallybear View Post
Hey everyone,

I thought it might be nice to post an update on my experiences. I've now had my MO for 3 1/2 months. It's been in for its first oil change and I've spent an interesting couple of hours working with the Nissan tech who has done all the work on my car so far (hitch installation, door trim replacement, alignment). With only 2500 miles on the car, it's not really broken in, but I have had enough time to develop some more "likes/dislikes" that maybe some folks will want to read about. Here goes....

1- The 20-inch wheels are absurdly sensitive to front-end alignment (particularly toe). I have never been happy with the on-center alignment of the steering wheel; it's always been off to the right about an inch. This was enough to make me ask for an alignment when the hitch was installed. Although the service writer told me that the alignment wasn't off "by much", the centering of the steering wheel was still off too much for my tastes. I waited until my first oil change at 2100 miles/3 months to ask about it again. Figuring that I'm a way-too-picky owner (and I am I guess), the service manager asked if I'd take a ride with the technician to show him what I meant by "off-center steering wheel". Well, to shorten this long story, I can say that almost 2 hours later and after a ride in an SL with 18-inch wheels, the technician and I were both under the car on the lift in the garage. He adjusted the toe to spec after I had centered the wheel myself. The car is extremely sensitive to toe with the big wheels/tires in terms of the weight being carried in the car. That is, if you have one or two passengers on the right side of the car, the wheel will tend to move to the left. If just the driver is in the car, the wheel will tend to move to the right. I don't mean the car will wander or pull....I am referring to the on-center position of the steering wheel in these conditions.

I learned that the dealer actually knows about the 20-inch wheel/alignment/centering issue but not really how to fix it. They just want to talk customers out of complaining about it. Because this was a warranty adjustment that they were doing on my car for the 2nd time, they didn't want to bill Nissan for it (looks bad for them), so I got the standard "It's normal" speech at first. But, because I am a picky, but a polite-yet-persistent customer whom they had already appealed to twice to let them off the hook as far as their Nissan surveys go, they were willing to indulge me. Oh, and it was a very slow Saturday for the shop.

The bottom line is that if you're picky about on-center position of the steering wheel, you should have the alignment checked. If you own an SL with the 18-inch wheels you won't likely see this issue. The SL I drove for about 6 miles to verify that it felt different than mine rode about the same as mine, but its steering on-center positioning didn't vary at all with weight in the car (I drove it both with and without the technician and the service manager). Oh, one more thing....if toe has been off for a while (as mine was) the tires will have a slight feathering effect. This, too, affects the center feel. As the tires wear, the centering will, well, center itself a bit more.

Thanks!

Peace,

WB

nice read Wall

I am interested on the tire alignment.. Do you-- in any way have a feeling of 'fish tail' when the steering wheel is not on center i.e. driving on a curve, making a left or right turn over bumps? I am gathering more info because when I went to the dealer they also told me that 'its normal' albeit they never did an alignment (tech just looked under the vehicle and check the suspension). I own an SL AWD but I have an issue with the ride quality & bump steer and it seems like it can be caused by wheel alignment but TECh told me the scenario I'm complaining is only true for RWD vehicles.

also, you mention that its sensitive of the weight being carried-- It makes sense to me now--- I feel more of the issues this when I'm alone.. I'm lanky 5'9 with 140lbs..

previous owner of '12 SL AWD
glacier pearl

#3 Old 05-02-2012, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
The upper radiator was fine (it has the grill as protection). I have ordered the add-on grill from Cloud Rider. I will post pictures when it's installed. I chose the Cloud Rider based on the info from another poster here and the nice chat I had with the people who build it (in Canada). This is the one area of the Murano's design which I feel was a mistake by Nissan.

Did you just order the grill for the lower portion of the bumper to cover the radiator?

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#4 Old 05-02-2012, 02:36 PM

Yes, I've noticed the bump steer effect....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANSwee View Post
nice read Wall

I am interested on the tire alignment.. Do you-- in any way have a feeling of 'fish tail' when the steering wheel is not on center i.e. driving on a curve, making a left or right turn over bumps? I am gathering more info because when I went to the dealer they also told me that 'its normal' albeit they never did an alignment (tech just looked under the vehicle and check the suspension). I own an SL AWD but I have an issue with the ride quality & bump steer and it seems like it can be caused by wheel alignment but TECh told me the scenario I'm complaining is only true for RWD vehicles.

also, you mention that its sensitive of the weight being carried-- It makes sense to me now--- I feel more of the issues this when I'm alone.. I'm lanky 5'9 with 140lbs..

Hey, I've read your posts on the "bump steer" effect but haven't posted a reply until now. This effect is entirely a characteristic of the design of the suspension, particularly the spring rates and shock (damper) "firmness." In other words, this is not a defect or something that can be adjusted (usually). It's just how this particular car steers and rides when the suspension is subject to loading at speed and steering angle.

I can relate my personal experience with the bump steer effect in my Murano. I can always replicate this effect by going (a bit too) fast down a freeway off ramp (a collector road) that curves to the left and drops about 200 feet in elevation over its span of about 1/4 mile. There are two bumps on this ramp (due to a poor alignment of concrete slabs) which put the "bump" into the equation. The "steer" part of the equation is the fact that the ramp changes the direction of the road by 90 degrees across its span.

So, when I'm going about 50-60 mph down the ramp with the steering wheel turned well to the left I can produce the "bump steer" when I hit one of the two bumps. The car sort of jumps/lurches over the bump and the steering wheel sort of jumps/lurches (to the left or right) at the same time. The cause of this effect is simple to describe but harder to understand. The suspension is subject to lateral loads from the fast drive down the curving ramp and from a vertical load due to the bump in the road. The combination of the MO's spring rate (which is more on the "weak" side to make the ride soft) and its damper rate (the amount of resistance to spring compression and extension which is offered by the shock absorbers) combine to affect the steering wheel position, at least from the driver's point of view. This effect is called "bump steer" as the steering is affected by the car going over a bump. The effect is most noticeable when the car is turning when the bump occurs and moving rather fast.

So what does all this techno-babble have to do with your original question and my remark that bump steer cannot usually be adjusted? Just this: I have tested the bump steer effect on this off ramp both before and after the alignment I described. I did notice (but remember I'm rather picky) some degree of improvement in the effect. It has not been eliminated; it's just reduced by a noticeable (to me) amount. This result is actually what I'd expect because the cause of the effect is the basic suspension design. If the steering gear is slightly out of alignment, the bump steer effect could be more extreme (or not) depending on the exact nature of the alignment discrepancy. And, because the alignment of the rear wheels is also adjustable on the Murano, a misalignment there could make the bump steer worse. By the way, if you've quoted the tech correctly ("only true for RWD vehicles") you were fed a bucket of bullsh*t. First, there are no RWD Muranos (they are FWD or AWD) and bump steer can affect any car regardless of its drive wheels. The tech wanted you to go away, that's all.

Here's my advice: if you are concerned about bump steer, you should get a four-wheel alignment. Also, make sure you have the correct pressures in all four tires. Finally, I would bet that if you load the rear suspension (i.e., have three people in the back seat or add 200-400 pounds of something to the cargo area), you will immediately see a major reduction in the bump steer, all other factors being equal. Why the difference when loaded? Well, the load compresses the springs and thus changes the geometry of the suspension. All springs are engineered to work most effectively when loaded....not when unloaded (as is the case by your 140 pounds of body weight).

Some guys might tell you to change the damper rate (i.e., install firmer shocks). I don't recommend that because you will most certainly worsen the ride and may even increase the bump steer effect when the car is lightly loaded. Unless you're an engineer or aftermarket hobbyist, it's best to accept that the ride and steering feel of any car is dependent on many factors that were engineered into the vehicle. In the case of the Murano, the engineers had to design a fairly good ride (for the crossover market) while dealing with the fact that the car is high above the ground (which puts its center of gravity way too high for best handling) and the car must be rated to carry a significant load of cargo (again, it's a crossover). All these factors end up requiring a lot of compromises. Unfortunately, bump steer is the result of some of those compromises. Before you (or anyone reading this) concludes from my lecture here that the MO is a poor design or that its competitors don't have the same issue, I say, "Hold on!" The BMW X3 I drove for 3 years had a very harsh suspension (punishing was the best way to describe the ride for rear seat passengers) and it, too, had a bump steer effect over the same freeway off ramp I've described. Bump steer is part of how a car must behave in order to keep itself on the road. The firm suspension of the BMW did keep it more level (less body lean) than the MO, but its ride sucked and its handling wasn't all that much better. [Before I get any flames....I will hasten to admit that the 2012 X3s have a vastly improved ride over the first generation. BMW had to address the ride as it was a major factor--besides high price--in the relatively poor market performance of the first-gen X3 across the 8 years it was sold.]

One more thing I can mention--the Murano has been deliberately engineered to have a "light and easy" steering gear/assist rate to enhance its agility and feel of maneuverability at low speeds. This part of the equation cannot, of course, be adjusted or "fixed" by a dealer.

Ah, shucks, I have even one more comment....I'm not so sure myself that the 20-inch wheels are really the best equipment for the MO suspension, at least with its current design and spring/shock rates. Because there is less rubber to act as a cushion between the road and the wheel (and hence between the road and the suspension), the 20-inch tire/wheel combo will transmit more harshness into the car. I've driven an SL long enough to know that there is a small difference between the SL and the LE I drive every day. However, I also think that most people cannot detect the variance between the SL and LE because it is small. Because I am a picky (i.e., obsessive) kind of a guy, and because I know a lot about suspension design and the resulting dynamics for a driver, I am interested in these things.

I hope this long-winded and perhaps-too-technical description is helpful to you. My simple advice is to check out the things you can (tire pressures and alignment) and then be happy with the car as it is. Any bump steer you detect is not a defect in the car---it is a characteristic (meaning that's how it was designed and engineered). Perhaps knowing that will let you sleep better at night. Knowing that kind of stuff always helps me!

Peace.

WeatherTech TechShade
#5 Old 05-02-2012, 02:43 PM

I ordered the whole thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
The upper radiator was fine (it has the grill as protection). I have ordered the add-on grill from Cloud Rider. I will post pictures when it's installed. I chose the Cloud Rider based on the info from another poster here and the nice chat I had with the people who build it (in Canada). This is the one area of the Murano's design which I feel was a mistake by Nissan.

Did you just order the grill for the lower portion of the bumper to cover the radiator?

I went back and forth....finally decided to have the whole package, even if I install only part of it. The money wasn't as big a factor to me as the thought that maybe I couldn't buy the entire thing in the future. From the pictures on the Cloud Rider website, I think the 12 pieces will look good together. However, as I'm also not a fan of overdoing "bling," I wanted to have the option to install only part of the shields and the Cloud Rider product is way ahead of the competition in this regard.

BTW, I had a nice talk with the folks who make these radiator shields (that's what they are for the MO in Canada where the weather conditions more this product much more than a fashion accessory). I decided not to buy the powdercoated (black) version as it costs twice as much and is more prone to wear and tear (a fact they readily admitted to me).

I will post pics when I can.

Peace.

WeatherTech TechShade
#6 Old 05-02-2012, 03:17 PM

I'm thinking you are right about 20" wheels and tires, and I specifically did not want them on my MO. Hence I bought the SL. I'd like to just have the bottom grill cover to cover that big old hole in the bumper. I may eventually buy one.

#7 Old 05-03-2012, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Hey Wally, have you considered the Nissan factory LED DRLs. I had them installed last year and I can't tell you how GOOD they look. Plus they are practical as far as safety goes and I got a discount on my auto insurance. Not cheap, paid 500 on Ebay, but a must have on the MO.

2009 LE Blue w/tan
Nissan LED DRLs
Nav
Stainless Bumper
Weathertechs
#8 Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 AM

Who installed them?

#9 Old 05-04-2012, 12:55 AM

Interesting observation on the alignment. I am as anal about at as you are... 3 visits to the dealer when I got my MO to get the center position 'right' - or as right as it can be... I love the steering on the 2nd gen compared to 1st gen and other SUVs I had - but it's really sensitive on the center position... Right now I am off by about 5-10 degrees but am just living with it... Even rotating the tires moves it a little.... The good thing is that I have no tracking issues after the 2nd dealer visit... I have one stretch of 10 mile concrete flat freeway to test on about 20 minutes from home - and the lead tech at the dealer had to endure going there after he said everything was fine - only to acknowledge that it wasn't when I showed him... The final adjustments after where done much more carefully and it shows...

2010 SL AWD Glacier Pearl, Tech, Premium, Leather, Sunroof
Previously 2006 SL White with all options except Nav
#10 Old 05-04-2012, 03:31 AM
Dal

Mine came off the showroom floor with an off centre steering wheel position. I noticed it because when I lined up the wheel to centre the reversing camera lines they didn't sync up, I had to turn the wheel off centre a bit in order to get the lines merged.

Should I mention this to the dealer when the car goes in for service?
#11 Old 05-04-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallybear View Post
Hey, I've read your posts on the "bump steer" effect but haven't posted a reply until now. This effect is entirely a characteristic of the design of the suspension, particularly the spring rates and shock (damper) "firmness." In other words, this is not a defect or something that can be adjusted (usually). It's just how this particular car steers and rides when the suspension is subject to loading at speed and steering angle.

I can relate my personal experience with the bump steer effect in my Murano. I can always replicate this effect by going (a bit too) fast down a freeway off ramp (a collector road) that curves to the left and drops about 200 feet in elevation over its span of about 1/4 mile. There are two bumps on this ramp (due to a poor alignment of concrete slabs) which put the "bump" into the equation. The "steer" part of the equation is the fact that the ramp changes the direction of the road by 90 degrees across its span.

So, when I'm going about 50-60 mph down the ramp with the steering wheel turned well to the left I can produce the "bump steer" when I hit one of the two bumps. The car sort of jumps/lurches over the bump and the steering wheel sort of jumps/lurches (to the left or right) at the same time. The cause of this effect is simple to describe but harder to understand. The suspension is subject to lateral loads from the fast drive down the curving ramp and from a vertical load due to the bump in the road. The combination of the MO's spring rate (which is more on the "weak" side to make the ride soft) and its damper rate (the amount of resistance to spring compression and extension which is offered by the shock absorbers) combine to affect the steering wheel position, at least from the driver's point of view. This effect is called "bump steer" as the steering is affected by the car going over a bump. The effect is most noticeable when the car is turning when the bump occurs and moving rather fast.

So what does all this techno-babble have to do with your original question and my remark that bump steer cannot usually be adjusted? Just this: I have tested the bump steer effect on this off ramp both before and after the alignment I described. I did notice (but remember I'm rather picky) some degree of improvement in the effect. It has not been eliminated; it's just reduced by a noticeable (to me) amount. This result is actually what I'd expect because the cause of the effect is the basic suspension design. If the steering gear is slightly out of alignment, the bump steer effect could be more extreme (or not) depending on the exact nature of the alignment discrepancy. And, because the alignment of the rear wheels is also adjustable on the Murano, a misalignment there could make the bump steer worse. By the way, if you've quoted the tech correctly ("only true for RWD vehicles") you were fed a bucket of bullsh*t. First, there are no RWD Muranos (they are FWD or AWD) and bump steer can affect any car regardless of its drive wheels. The tech wanted you to go away, that's all.

Here's my advice: if you are concerned about bump steer, you should get a four-wheel alignment. Also, make sure you have the correct pressures in all four tires. Finally, I would bet that if you load the rear suspension (i.e., have three people in the back seat or add 200-400 pounds of something to the cargo area), you will immediately see a major reduction in the bump steer, all other factors being equal. Why the difference when loaded? Well, the load compresses the springs and thus changes the geometry of the suspension. All springs are engineered to work most effectively when loaded....not when unloaded (as is the case by your 140 pounds of body weight).

Some guys might tell you to change the damper rate (i.e., install firmer shocks). I don't recommend that because you will most certainly worsen the ride and may even increase the bump steer effect when the car is lightly loaded. Unless you're an engineer or aftermarket hobbyist, it's best to accept that the ride and steering feel of any car is dependent on many factors that were engineered into the vehicle. In the case of the Murano, the engineers had to design a fairly good ride (for the crossover market) while dealing with the fact that the car is high above the ground (which puts its center of gravity way too high for best handling) and the car must be rated to carry a significant load of cargo (again, it's a crossover). All these factors end up requiring a lot of compromises. Unfortunately, bump steer is the result of some of those compromises. Before you (or anyone reading this) concludes from my lecture here that the MO is a poor design or that its competitors don't have the same issue, I say, "Hold on!" The BMW X3 I drove for 3 years had a very harsh suspension (punishing was the best way to describe the ride for rear seat passengers) and it, too, had a bump steer effect over the same freeway off ramp I've described. Bump steer is part of how a car must behave in order to keep itself on the road. The firm suspension of the BMW did keep it more level (less body lean) than the MO, but its ride sucked and its handling wasn't all that much better. [Before I get any flames....I will hasten to admit that the 2012 X3s have a vastly improved ride over the first generation. BMW had to address the ride as it was a major factor--besides high price--in the relatively poor market performance of the first-gen X3 across the 8 years it was sold.]

One more thing I can mention--the Murano has been deliberately engineered to have a "light and easy" steering gear/assist rate to enhance its agility and feel of maneuverability at low speeds. This part of the equation cannot, of course, be adjusted or "fixed" by a dealer.

Ah, shucks, I have even one more comment....I'm not so sure myself that the 20-inch wheels are really the best equipment for the MO suspension, at least with its current design and spring/shock rates. Because there is less rubber to act as a cushion between the road and the wheel (and hence between the road and the suspension), the 20-inch tire/wheel combo will transmit more harshness into the car. I've driven an SL long enough to know that there is a small difference between the SL and the LE I drive every day. However, I also think that most people cannot detect the variance between the SL and LE because it is small. Because I am a picky (i.e., obsessive) kind of a guy, and because I know a lot about suspension design and the resulting dynamics for a driver, I am interested in these things.

I hope this long-winded and perhaps-too-technical description is helpful to you. My simple advice is to check out the things you can (tire pressures and alignment) and then be happy with the car as it is. Any bump steer you detect is not a defect in the car---it is a characteristic (meaning that's how it was designed and engineered). Perhaps knowing that will let you sleep better at night. Knowing that kind of stuff always helps me!

Peace.
Thanks for the analysis and articulate answer. I agree with your take on this issue!

2010 Murano LE w/ AWD, Navigation, Weathertech Floorliners, LED DRLs, SportWing Side Moldings, VG Sharkfin Antenna, Cloud Rider Mesh Grill, NON-beeping liftgate
#12 Old 05-04-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal View Post
Mine came off the showroom floor with an off centre steering wheel position. I noticed it because when I lined up the wheel to centre the reversing camera lines they didn't sync up, I had to turn the wheel off centre a bit in order to get the lines merged.

Should I mention this to the dealer when the car goes in for service?
I'd have them fix it since it's new.

#13 Old 05-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Dal

Quote:
I'd have them fix it since it's new.
Thanks bro, I'll add it to the list.

On a side note, I am loving the Xtronic CVT. Beats the crap out of standard Auto's and Manuals hands down.
#14 Old 05-29-2012, 07:03 PM

My Cloud Rider grille came today!

Quote:

I just got my Cloud Rider grill by FedEx delivery from Canada today. I found the long, thin box out on my front porch this afternoon when I went home for lunch and to let my dogs out.

It took 4 weeks from ordering to delivery.

When I opened the box, I was immediately pleased to find that it was very well packed (wrapped in shrink wrap plastic so that nothing could move in transit). I didn't have time to completely open the package, but will do so tonight. I'll take some pictures before opening it to post here.

Judging from what I could see and feel through the shrink wrap, I'm very pleased with the quality. The metal is light but strong (rigid), has a very nice satin finish and a nice thick black sealing ring glued around the bottom side/edge of each piece. There's a single bag of fasteners (not opened).

I'm happy so far because my only concern before buying was if I was getting the "right" pattern. I would have liked to have seen a better close-up picture of the "Classic" pattern as it will look installed on my car (the pictures on the website seem to be composites, not actual photos of actual cars). After seeing the actual grill when I opened the package today, I was pleased with my order...this is the correct pattern to match my tastes. I am so looking forward to having this put on my MO's "nose."

I'll open a new thread and post some pictures once I've got it installed. I added this note to this thread in case anyone reading it is still interested.

WeatherTech TechShade
#15 Old 05-29-2012, 09:38 PM

Please do. I await the results.