What is the difference between the LE & the Platinum ED? - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 05-27-2012, 12:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is the difference between the LE & the Platinum ED?

I took my 10 LE AWD to the dealer today to get my doorlocks re-pogrammed. While there I noticed that Nissan sells a helluva lot of black and silver Muranos, mine btw is black. After looking at the various prices, ($29k to $43k) and options, what is/are the differences between a LE AWD and a platinum edition Murano other than the $2020 price markup?

I looked at 7 2012 Platinum edition models and the only thing they had that didn't come standard on my 2010 was the rear bumper guard, a different type of rim and halo headlights. I didn't see any Murano's with the dvd and tow package option btw. Do they still exist?

2010 LE AWD Black, 36,521 miles: SOLD - Thule bike rack - foglights - navigation - stainless rear bumper guard - Bose stereo w/9 gig musicbox - lighted doorsills - hood protector - power liftgate - heated power folding rear seats - backup camera - Bluetooth - push button start - tinted windows - dual sunroof - iPod hookup - SiriusXM radio - cargo cover ... more to come. Also in the stable: 69 Mercury Cougar - cruiser, showcar, donut maker.

Last edited by MaxGig; 05-27-2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: revision
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-27-2012, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I would definitely trade your '10 for a Platinum '12 and pay the dealer thousands of dollars to boot! :eek:

Oh wait...that's exactly what they want you to do, isn't it!

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#3 Old 05-27-2012, 10:51 AM

I have the 2012 ls and the differences I noticed were wood trim, back seats were heated, the wheel is part of seat memory, nav I tout was standard. Some of the differences for le to ls seemed to be memory seats, heated wheel,power passenger seats and such...

2012 Murano SL [Merlot with Black Leather, Splash Guards, Carpeted Cargo Mat, Carpeted Floor Mats]

OEM Added:
- All-season Floor Mats
- Cargo Area Protector with Flip-up Function
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Protector
- Illuminated Kick Plates
- Xterra Cargo Luggage Net (Nissan P/N 84935 EA200)
- Boot Lip Protector (AU Nissan P/N NI85010-GEN00AU)
- Boot Storage Bag, 6 Compartment (AU Nissan P/N H4920 GEN06AU)

Non OEM Added:
- DuraShield+ Premium Protection Film
#4 Old 05-27-2012, 11:21 AM

^^ he was asking about the LE to Pla. ED.

IIRC Plat. ED. has special exterior color (only for that trim), yup special wheel, nav with zagat review of resto, stainless rear bumper protector.. The tow and DVD are still part of a package BUT not standard. --- call it overpriced!

previous owner of '12 SL AWD
glacier pearl

#5 Old 05-28-2012, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
At a glance, what I have noticed here on the Canadian side is

LE the nav is optional for 2011, I don't know if it is still opt. while platinum is standard so if you want the NAV maybe you have to go with the PLat. Just guessing.

than, 20" rim are different, yes that stainless steel bumper protector,

And yes the 2012 White is sick makes me puke. :eek::eek: Its like taking some lustre from the car. Cutting on costs. (that's cheap)

Probably that's why they're giving a $4.300. rebate on the Murano as a promotion.
#6 Old 06-22-2012, 06:21 PM

We bought a Platinum AWD three weeks ago. White Pearl paint. After following the old adage of RTFM, all tech stuff works as advertised and very well. Switched the voice recognition to Advanced Mode and it cleaned the process up quite a bit. The differences between the LE and Platinum are significant and worth the extra $$. Our first test drive was the 2WD LE. After driving a Platinum, it was an easy choice. 1,000 miles and no issues (there had better not be, right?). I just joined the forum today and live in the D/FW metro area. We bought the MO from Texas Nissan in Grapevine. Great dealer...highly recommended. Looks like a lot of good MO info here. Thanks...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: