User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 10-07-2012, 01:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Seats on 2012 S vs 2012 SV. Help

Hi everyone,

I have an opportunity to buy a beautiful katzkin leather set for my 2012 SV. Problem is that the kit is the pattern for the 2012 S model. I'm aware of the difference in the power seat but that shouldn't affect the leather kit. Does anyone know the exact differences between the seats on 2012 murano S and SV. If the leather kit for the S works I would love to jump on the deal. Help please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-22-2012, 07:23 PM

They are the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrren View Post
Hi everyone,

I have an opportunity to buy a beautiful katzkin leather set for my 2012 SV. Problem is that the kit is the pattern for the 2012 S model. I'm aware of the difference in the power seat but that shouldn't affect the leather kit. Does anyone know the exact differences between the seats on 2012 murano S and SV. If the leather kit for the S works I would love to jump on the deal. Help please.
The seats in the S and SV are the same (and covered with cloth) except for the power hardware that you've already mentioned. The SL and LE use the same leather-trimmed seats.

So what is the deal (price)? Have you compared the asking price with the price for having an authorized Katzkin dealer install the same thing?

I'm just saying.....I can't tell you how many times I've seen something happen when it comes to aftermarket parts. The "something" goes like this: I hear about someone being offered a "great deal" for some part or kit that may or may not fit their car. When I have suggested that the potential buyer get a price quote/bid from someone else for the same thing/correct thing, almost invariably the story ends up with the "great deal" being revealed as an "average deal" (at least when my advise is taken).

I've seen the aftermarket leather seats (the brand you mentioned and others) sold at a wide range of prices. The main cost is always for the installation of the trim. That's why I suggest you shop around. If this advise means nothing to you, well, at least it was free.

Good luck.

2012 AWD LE Platinum, Pearl White

Factory: splash guards and floor/cargo mats
Dealer: Nissan tow hitch, wheel locks, hood protector

WeatherTech FloorLiner front, rear, cargo

WeatherTech TechShade
VentureShield paint protection film
Cloud-Rider stainless steel grill inserts
#3 Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 PM

Thank you. The stuff worked. 2 tone katzkin with reverse stitching installed for 890.00. Had to get leather from one source and install from another. Seats basically are the same. Sorry for the delay in replying I had to have surgery.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: