2012 Fuel Filler Door Release - Won't - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 11-17-2012, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2012 Fuel Filler Door Release - Won't

Fairly new to forum - have been skulking around for the last five months since purchasing my 2012 Tinted Bronze LE AWD MO. Today, stopped for refueling and the fuel filler door release wouldn't work. Tried several times before moving out of the filling line. Called dealer who instructed me there was a manual bypass in the trunk - haven't found the darned thing yet. Ended up at the dealer having the entire release button replaced. And, dealer says they aren't sure if there's a manual release on my model. Anyone know for sure? Could be the cause for a bad day if this occurs during holidays or weekends after dealer hours. Yikes! :eek:

And, BTW, I love my MO. It has been back to the dealer more times than I care to take a car, but they're really responsive and have, to date, resolved all the issues the car has presented - from blown fuses one day off the lot, to various rattles, front vibration, and now a malfunctioning door release. Oh my. But,yes, I'd do it all over again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-17-2012, 07:34 PM

I'm surprised to hear you are having trouble with a 2012.
#3 Old 11-17-2012, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yes, there is a manual release on all Murano's. It is hidden under the carpeted panel on left side rear of your Murano. Takes all of 10-15 seconds to slide your hand in and trigger the release mechanism. The pictures posted below can be used as a reference for either generation Murano/all model years. The carpet in that area is just held down on it's edge with rubber gasket material. Peel 6" of carpet from under the gasket and reach in. Feel for the trigger locking mechanism, trigger it and then easily slip carpet edge back under rubber gasket.

eeeee
#4 Old 11-18-2012, 09:01 AM

Great info, Bill! My Maxima had the same switch, but it was visible.
#5 Old 11-18-2012, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katz_n_jamer View Post
Great info, Bill! My Maxima had the same switch, but it was visible.
Within days of purchase, I sought out that fuel door trigger as I knew someday knowing its location could very well save me a hell of alot of grief. I even went as far as actually accessing it and pushing the trigger, opening the fuel door ...

eeeee
#6 Old 11-18-2012, 03:02 PM

Great info Bill, I was thinking in an emergency I would have to pry it open

2012 Precision Grey TI

- Rear Parking Sensors
- Bootlip Protector
- Rear Protection Tray
- Anti-Glare Scratch Proof Screen Protector
- Side Running Board
- Rear Bumper Protector
- Bypass Kit (Remote)
- Tinted Aero Window Visors
- LED SMD 5050 Strip - Boot Area
- Plasti Dip "Murano"
- Red Line Molding - Door Trim
- "Racing Line" BT Design Footwell Lighting kit
- Mud / Foot Lights LED
- Bumper Reflector Upgraded LED
#7 Old 11-23-2012, 04:20 PM

Thanks BillArf! Great photo path to the "find 'n fix". I was really surprised to learn there's no easy alternate access. Fortunately, we weren't really low on fuel. Thanks again for the great info!
#8 Old 11-23-2012, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
This was relatively common on first generation. The way I fixed mine was to slightly bend the little metal arm that engages the actuator. The flap would then close but no longer lock, so it would never get stuck in locked position.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#9 Old 11-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Qat

I'm a bit surprised they couldn't be arsed to put an access panel for that.

2010 SL Tinted Bronze/Beige | Leather | Premium | 360°
LED DRLs | Interior LEDs | Aluminum Pedals | All Weather Mats & Cargo Liner | Fumoto Oil Drain Valve | Reese Hitch

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: