Little rattle on the 2011 dash - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 11-20-2012, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Little rattle on the 2011 dash

While driving on a little bumpy road, I hearing a little rattle not consistent but nagging on the driver's side dashboard. that is near where the 2 buttons to increase or decrease the dimming. I inserted a little cardboard behind there and it helped a little. Any one has been having same problem.

Is this still under warranty.(2011, 19k km) tia

2011 Murano SL
Pearl white
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-23-2012, 02:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had the same problem. If you find a solution, would love to hear it!
post #3 of 6 Old 12-23-2012, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
This problem has been discussed many times on this forum. It's the plastic cowl at the bottom of the windshield causing the rattle. Usually happens when the weather turns cold, at least thats when mine started last year. Quick solutions are to insert something like cardboard or someone even used toothpicks under the cowel. The better way is to remove the cowel and clean it. Theres probably dirt or debris under it. Hope this helps. Search the forum for dash rattle to read more info.

2009 LE Blue w/tan
Nav
Nissan LED DRLs
Stainless Bumper
Weathertechs
Hoen Fogs
Sickspeed Horns
Side Mirror Signals
post #4 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky19 View Post
This problem has been discussed many times on this forum. It's the plastic cowl at the bottom of the windshield causing the rattle. Usually happens when the weather turns cold, at least thats when mine started last year. Quick solutions are to insert something like cardboard or someone even used toothpicks under the cowel. The better way is to remove the cowel and clean it. Theres probably dirt or debris under it. Hope this helps. Search the forum for dash rattle to read more info.

2009 LE Blue w/tan
Nav
Nissan LED DRLs
Stainless Bumper
Weathertechs
Hoen Fogs
Sickspeed Horns
Side Mirror Signals
Anybody have a picture of this?
post #5 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
If it's truly a dash rattle, they are very hard to find. I have one on the right side of my Ford Explorer, and it's something behind the dash that would probably take removing the entire dash to locate it. I once did the dash removal on a Dodge I had to find a rattle. I finally fixed it, but it took 2 of us to get the dash out and then get it back it.

If it's the cowl problem, that is an easy fix. Hopefully that will take care of your problem.

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
post #6 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmar View Post
While driving on a little bumpy road, I hearing a little rattle not consistent but nagging on the driver's side dashboard. that is near where the 2 buttons to increase or decrease the dimming. I inserted a little cardboard behind there and it helped a little. Any one has been having same problem.

Is this still under warranty.(2011, 19k km) tia
Yes, you are still under the 36k ( you are at 11,800 miles), 3 year warranty period - and it's bumper to bumper thus your dealer should take care of it for you (assuming its the same in Canada). Sounds like you have isolated it to the gauge cluster/interior dash area. That will assist your service dept in their ability to diagnose it etc.

Should be an easy fix.

Cheers

2009 LE

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: