Toyo Proxes A20 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 12-03-2012, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Toyo Proxes A20

Hi, My new 2012 MO LE comes with Toyo Proxes A20 tires. Since I just got my MO last week and it's winter here in Ottawa, I've got my Toyo Open Country G02 Plus on the MO right now.

Never heard of the Proxes A20. Can't find much info as I take it looks like a OE model for MO ? It's not on Toyo canada web site or US web site.

Is it a good tire ? ?

Thanks
Stephane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-03-2012, 11:42 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I think it was an ok tire - they only lasted 40k Miles tho. I have the Toyo Versado CUVs on now and love them.

2009 LE AWD Merlot
Loaded w/ NAV 20" rims
#3 Old 12-04-2012, 12:46 PM

Total crap IMHO ...replaced at 20k with yokahma parada spec...plenty in this forum on that tire

2010 Murano LE w/ AWD, Navigation, Weathertech Floorliners, LED DRLs, SportWing Side Moldings, VG Sharkfin Antenna, Cloud Rider Mesh Grill, NON-beeping liftgate
#4 Old 12-05-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattski View Post
Total crap IMHO ...replaced at 20k with yokahma parada spec...plenty in this forum on that tire
If money was not an factor and I wanted to put the best summer tires on my 2012 MO LE with 20" wheels (currently have Toyo Proxes A20) what what that tire be ?

Not all seasons, I have winter tires for winter, best summer tires period (good in occasionnal rain as well)

My only point of reference is on my 2001 Toyota Sienna I had Michelin Hydroedge and I remember being happy with those for that vehicle.
#5 Old 12-05-2012, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
What is your issue with the Toyo's you have? Not a bad tire really.

I will be going with Yokohama Parada Spec X in 255/50/R20, when I buy new in the Spring. Have 30,300 mi. on the Toyo's and am happy with them. Would like to be seeing better wear but...

eeeee
#6 Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillArf View Post
What is your issue with the Toyo's you have? Not a bad tire really.

I will be going with Yokohama Parada Spec X in 255/50/R20, when I buy new in the Spring. Have 30,300 mi. on the Toyo's and am happy with them. Would like to be seeing better wear but...

I have no issues with the Proxes A20 right now as they are brand new, there is only 100 KM on those tires. And I will use them for the next 3 or 4 years (summer only - and depending how long they last) until I need to replace them, but I get the sense that there are better tires to be had out there when the time comes to replace them.

The OE tires are generally not high performance but "good enough".. I want my next set to be more than good enough.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: