Please Suggest, want to buy an used Murano - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 12-16-2012, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please Suggest, want to buy an used Murano

HI, I am new to this forum. I have been looking for a decent used SUV and came across one which I love it. its a 2010 SL with technology package. I test drove it and love it. But before taking a decision I was searching for current issues for Murano. I came across this wonderful forum which gave me a lot of information. The two main issues I came across are, issues with CVT and driver seat.
What do you think about these issues, is every Murano prone to these two issues? I know that any car I buy will have some issues. Please suggest on what I should do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-16-2012, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I think most of those issues were with the first generation MO. Also, do your 2010 have the extended CVT warranty? How many miles are on this car? I wouldn't be too concerned on a 2010 if everything checks out and it was well maintained.

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#3 Old 12-16-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
I think most of those issues were with the first generation MO. Also, do your 2010 have the extended CVT warranty? How many miles are on this car? I wouldn't be too concerned on a 2010 if everything checks out and it was well maintained.
Thanks for the reply. It has 20k miles on it and I didnt ask the owner if it has extended CVT warranty. Carfax came up clean and the vehicle is in great condition. I want to take it to mechanic to show if everything is fine. Do you suggest any diagnostics to be performed on it? Thank you.
#4 Old 12-16-2012, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
That's good low miles for a 2010. You don't need to do any special diagnostics. A good mechanic should be able to give the car a thorough going over. The seat problem was the first gen MO. The CVT is not the problem with the 2nd gen MO, it's the transfer case. I had my replaced under warranty. The CVT is warranteed until 120,000 miles and the transfer case to 60,000 so don't make that an issue in deciding. In my opinion it's a great car and I'm glad I got it. Good luck!

2009 LE Blue w/tan
Nav
Nissan LED DRLs
Weathertechs
Stainless Bumper
Hoen Fogs
Sickspeed Horns
Side Mirror Signals
#5 Old 12-17-2012, 05:01 PM

I have a question. Will the manufacturer warranty be transferred on my name once I purchase the MO?
#6 Old 12-17-2012, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paonev View Post
I have a question. Will the manufacturer warranty be transferred on my name once I purchase the MO?
Yes, that's true for all cars.

MANUFACTURER warranty only. If there were any extended or supplemental warranties purchased, they may or may not transfer.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#7 Old 12-23-2012, 05:10 PM

I have decide to buy the MO I looked at, as it is in excellent condition. I have few questions which are not related to MO though. Please help.
I got the loan approved and getting the check payable to the owner in couple of days. But the problem is the owner does not have the title with him. Its with NMAC who is the lien holder. Once I give him the check, he wont be able to give me the title immediately. He will pay off the loan and will give me the title once he gets it. My question is what will I be holding to during the time I give him the check and he hands over the title to me? Is there any document that states that I have given him the money and waiting for title, or a procedure to follow to be on safe side? Its not that I don't trust him. The owner is a very nice person. I just want to be on safe side. Please Help..
#8 Old 12-23-2012, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
So he's using your loan to pay off his loan? I personally wouldn't give him a check without the title in his hand

2009 LE Blue w/tan
Nav
Nissan LED DRLs
Stainless Bumper
Weathertechs
Hoen Fogs
Sickspeed Horns
Side Mirror Signals
#9 Old 12-23-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky19 View Post
So he's using your loan to pay off his loan? I personally wouldn't give him a check without the title in his hand

2009 LE Blue w/tan
Nav
Nissan LED DRLs
Stainless Bumper
Weathertechs
Hoen Fogs
Sickspeed Horns
Side Mirror Signals
Yes he will use the check which my bank provides to pay off his loan. I was thinking my bank would contact his lien holder and pay them directly but its not true. they are saying they don't deal with third party. I was thinking there is an easy way to do this, but looks like its not...
#10 Old 12-24-2012, 11:13 AM

I got my Murano at auto auction but as I didn't have enough money to buy new or even used car, I decided to buy a car with flood damage and then repair it for future use. I bought it at vehbidz.com, there are many flood damaged cars for sale and autos with other types of damages there. Thankfully, I didn't have any issues with the car after I repaired it.
#11 Old 12-24-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash2be View Post
I got my Murano at auto auction but as I didn't have enough money to buy new or even used car, I decided to buy a car with flood damage and then repair it for future use. I bought it at vehbidz.com, there are many flood damaged cars for sale and autos with other types of damages there. Thankfully, I didn't have any issues with the car after I repaired it.
You took a BIG chance with that one!!!

Glad it turned out OK. Hope it stays that way.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#12 Old 12-24-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paonev View Post
I have decide to buy the MO I looked at, as it is in excellent condition. I have few questions which are not related to MO though. Please help.
I got the loan approved and getting the check payable to the owner in couple of days. But the problem is the owner does not have the title with him. Its with NMAC who is the lien holder. Once I give him the check, he wont be able to give me the title immediately. He will pay off the loan and will give me the title once he gets it. My question is what will I be holding to during the time I give him the check and he hands over the title to me? Is there any document that states that I have given him the money and waiting for title, or a procedure to follow to be on safe side? Its not that I don't trust him. The owner is a very nice person. I just want to be on safe side. Please Help..
You should go to the office of the lien holder and pay them directly, NOT the owner. They can hand the title to you when you pay off the lien.

If that is not possible (and it is the only way I would do this, otherwise I'd probably refuse to buy) then you should have a bill of sale signed by both parties stating exactly what is to happen - and even then, you'll be praying that he pays off the lien.

This is NOT a good position to be in unless you walk into the lien holder's office and pay them off.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#13 Old 12-26-2012, 10:57 AM

Thanks for the responses. I asked my Bank to pay the lien holder or write check in the name of the lien holder but they refused and said they don't deal with third parties. I prepared a document clearly stating the situation. Owner agreed to sign in front of notary with two witnesses. He also agreed on leaving the MO at my place on a condition that I wouldn't drive it as its not under my name. I am hoping this works and the notarized copy is good enough to be on safe side.
#14 Old 12-26-2012, 06:36 PM

Take the check back to your lender and ask them to reissue it payable to BOTH the seller and NMAC. That way he can endorse and forward to them but he can't cash it himself.
#15 Old 12-26-2012, 06:40 PM

Just saw your reply earlier. I was a banker for many years and never heard such a lame comment by a bank. If they refuse to do it, you could endorse it and then tell them you want to exchange it for a cashiers check payable jointly. Most banks are only too happy to make it jointly payable to protect both you and them. Is this a real bank?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: