DIscount Tire ruined one of my wheels. - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 12-24-2012, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DIscount Tire ruined one of my wheels.

Just over 30K on the Wife's Mo. Took it in for Yokohama 255/50R20's discovered a couple of days later that their machine had mauled the crap out of one of the wheels. Will be stopping in later today to talk to a manager.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-24-2012, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
They did the same thing to all four new Infiniti JX35 wheels when they installed new TPMS sensors on my new less than month of owning the MO 3 weeks ago (12/4/12). Lugnut damage, center and lip (where they broke bead). Call Ken Reed - 480.606.6312. He's the Customer Service manager that will contact the regional and local managers to get it solve.

You know when you have one of those moments when you found something is off and then start looking closely - you end up finding more issues:

1. Greasy prints throughout the tan interior
2. TPMS sensor did not sync
3. Damage to the new Infiniti dark hypersilver JX35 wheels - not one but all four in the same spots (NOTE: Hypersilver is a multistage paint process and one of the most expensive to get repaired)

Contact the store and had them look at the damage. They set an appointment for a mobile wheel repair - Pro Wheels Dayton. The guys came the next week in the late afternoon and did the best job they could matching. DT spent $200 on the worse cheap and easy job they can throw at. The paint did not match as the guy fade the color to match the dark hypersilver paint, it looked like a jolly rancher dropped on the ground. Overspray on the lugs.

Called DT and told them I was unsat, told them that they need to take to a professional certified repair - Wheel Warehouse Dayton. They tried to make me choose between $1000 credit for aftermarket wheels or get my wheels refinished. I chose getting my JX35 repaired. Got the wheels returned 12/22, looks and feel OEM quality but shade lighter. DT was invoiced $900.

Total repair damage $1100 invoiced to DT.

I have more details on my word doc to include video and pictures. Luckily I took pictures to show my friends prior to taking it to DT to get the TPMS sensor installed.

2012 SL AWD w/ Nav, Pearl White |OEM Rear Bumper Plate | OEM Infiniti JX35 20" Wheels | OEM LED DRL | 3M PPF/Clear Bra

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: