Slide Driver Seat Back on Exit...How far? - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 19 Old 12-30-2012, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Slide Driver Seat Back on Exit...How far?

Hi, All.

My wife just got her first MO, a 2012 SL. She's 5'4", so has her seat moved way up and programmed to memory, but not linked to her intelligent key. "Slide Driver Seat Back on Exit" is On in the Comfort settings. When she turns the car off, and opens the door, the seat moves back, but only a few inches. My impression is it should slide all the way back? Is that true?

I have postition 2 set for me. I'm 6', so my seat is pretty far back. When I exit, it goes all the way back, but then it's almost all the way back to start. So I reprogrammed my seat up further. Now, when I exit, it only moves a few inches, just like my wife's setting. I'm hoping that this isn't normal behavior, as it's pretty useless if it only moves back a small amount.

Thanks for your help, and Happy New Year!

Kevin

2012 Murano SL FWD with Nav
Merlot with Beige Leather
-Roof Rail Crossbars
-Splash Guards
-Carpeted Floor and Cargo Mats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 12-30-2012, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
I'm sure someone with the 2012 will answer...have you worked through the owner's manual directions?

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
post #3 of 19 Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I'm sure someone with the 2012 will answer...have you worked through the owner's manual directions?
Yes, several times, including turning the option off, then back on, and resetting the memory.

Thanks,
Kevin

-Roof Rail Crossbars
-Splash Guards
post #4 of 19 Old 12-30-2012, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Since 2004, my 04 SE AWD driver seat has been moving all the way back when I remove the key off the ignition and stays there. As I get back in the car the seat is still all the way back and when I put the key into the ignition then the seat moves forward to the last postion. Pressing A or B moves the seat between the 2 assigned settings. --- thats including the side view mirror and pedal postions. Good luck.
post #5 of 19 Old 12-30-2012, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I have a 2012, and it works the same way. My wife is 5'2" and what she does when getting in is hit my setting (I'm 6'2") which slides the seat back much farther than it does for her.

So, yes, it's normal behavior.

I think it's another cheapening on the part of Nissan. My 2005 Maxima had the seat go the whole way back for both of us.

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
post #6 of 19 Old 12-30-2012, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's normal for the seat to move back a few inches. I think Nissan made it so it gives the efficient space to get in and out without putting more wear and tear on the seat motors.

2012 SL AWD w/ Nav, Pearl White |OEM Rear Bumper Plate | OEM Infiniti JX35 20" Wheels | OEM LED DRL | 3M PPF/Clear Bra
post #7 of 19 Old 12-31-2012, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, everyone. It seems a pretty useless function if it moves only a few inches. On the LE, where the wheel can tilt up, it would make a difference. But on the SL, with a manual tilt, doesn't make much difference.

I like Halwg's idea of hitting my setting when she's getting out. IIRC, she would have to hit that when the ignition is still on, doesn't she? Plus, if I pair her setting with her Intelligent Key, can you still choose a memory button and override the setting in the key? IOW, if I grab her key that's been paired with her seat setting, can I hit the button for my seat setting and have it override the Intelligent Key for that trip?

Thanks, and Happy New Year,

Kevin

-Roof Rail Crossbars
-Splash Guards
post #8 of 19 Old 12-31-2012, 05:17 PM

Yes you can. We have ours set on the fobs and also on button 1 & 2.

post #9 of 19 Old 12-31-2012, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Halwg. I'll do that on ours.

Happy New Year,
Kevin

-Roof Rail Crossbars
-Splash Guards
post #10 of 19 Old 12-31-2012, 08:36 PM

The seatback depends on the memory seating. (sorry guys I have not read all the replies)

previous owner of '12 SL AWD
glacier pearl

post #11 of 19 Old 01-01-2013, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Okay, here's the latest. I set the memory for my wife in setting 1. My setting is in 2. I paired my wife's Intelligent Key with memory setting 1. When getting out of the car, I hit memory setting 2 to move the seat back. When the door opens, the seat moves back a few more inches. Get out of the car, and lock with the button on the door handle. So far, so good.

Then, with my wife's fob in my pocket, I unlocked the car using the button on the door handle. As soon as the door unlocks, the seat begins to move back to the memory setting 1 position less the few inches it moves back on exit. This makes it difficult to get back into the car because the seat is so far forward.

Halwg, is this the way it works with your MO?

Thanks,
Kevin

-Roof Rail Crossbars
-Splash Guards
post #12 of 19 Old 01-02-2013, 09:41 AM

Yes it does, and then you hit button 2 on the door panel and the seat slides back. When she starts the car, the seat will magically move back to her pre-set position.

post #13 of 19 Old 01-02-2013, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Oh, brother, my wife hates complication or change, and to her, this is complication. Not only will she have to hit 2, she'll also have to hit 1 when she gets in, won't she?

Can you hit button 2 as soon as you open the door, and does that stop the seat moving forward and immediately start moving it to setting 2?

Thanks for your help, Halwg. It's a little tougher to learn all the quirks when I don't drive the car and am not in it that often.

Kevin

-Roof Rail Crossbars
-Splash Guards
post #14 of 19 Old 01-02-2013, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
This thread is really going no where... I have been following it from the get go and tried to ignore it.. Anyway, if the OP's wife using her key fob, positions the seat and steering and mirrors to her liking and then memorizes to Memory position one, that will be the end of this story. From then on, after she does this memorization, the seat and steering and mirrors will automatically go to their assigned positions when the wife gets into the Murano with that particular key fob in her possession and starts the Murano. When she turns off the Murano and opens the door, the seat will move backward and the steering wheel will raise. When she gets back in the car and starts it, the seat moves forward to it's memorized and the steering wheel comes down along with mirror positions being moved for her.

As for the husband, if he uses her key fob, the vehicle will automatically go to the wife's memorized positions. Of course husband can memorize his liking to memory button 2 and when he sits in the car he would need to press button 2 unless he had the second key fob programmed to his likes and he entered vehicle with that in his pocket.

On the 2011 / 2012 the memory steering, seat and mirrors work really well if you take the time to read the manual and setup same with the key fobs, etc.. It is not at all complicated...

eeeee
post #15 of 19 Old 01-02-2013, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
PROCEDURE FOR STORING MEMORY - Two positions can be stored in the automatic drive position-er memory. Follow these procedures to use the memory system.

1. Set the selector lever to the P (Park) position.

2. Turn the ignition ON.

3. Adjust the driver’s seat, outside mirrors and pedals to the desired positions by manually operating each adjusting switch.

4. Push the SET switch and, within 5 seconds, push the memory switch 1 or 2 fully for at least 1 second.

The indicator light for the pushed memory switch will come on and stay on for approximately 5 seconds after pushing the switch.

After the indicator light goes off, the selected positions are stored in the selected memory (1 or 2).

Pushing the unlock button on the key fob within this 5 seconds, will link the selected memory to the key fob. When the link is completed, the indicator light of the selected memory switch will blink for approximately 5 seconds.

When you unlock the door with the link completed key fob, the driver’s seat will move back and move to the memorized position. If memory is stored in the same memory switch, the previous memory and the memory which is linked to the keyfob, will be deleted.

Confirming memory storage:
Turn the ignition ON and push the SET switch. If the main memory has not been stored, the indicator light will come on for approximately 0.5 seconds. When the memory has stored the position, the indicator light will stay on for approximately 5 seconds. __________________

eeeee

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: