Non-sunroof LE??? - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Non-sunroof LE???

Hi - I searched but couldn't find an answer.

I'm looking to buy an 09-10 Murano...and really like the LE. Problem is - I'm about 6-3 and any sunroof model cuts into my headroom a little too much. Is there such a thing as an 09-10 LE model without a sunroof? I thought it was standard but seem to have located one online???
Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-03-2013, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Never heard of a non-sunroof LE. Not saying they don't exist, but I suspect it would have to have been a special order.

2012 Infiniti FX 35 Midnight Mocha
2010 Lexus GS 350 AWD Smokey Granite Mica
2009 Murano LE Silver (gone)
2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD Flint Mica (gone)
2005 Lexus RX 330 Thundercloud (gone)
2007 Lexus IS 250 AWD Flint Mica(gone)
2001 Lexus RX 300 (gone)

The Second Amendment, America's Original Homeland Security
#3 Old 01-03-2013, 05:03 PM

If I'm not mistaken, 09-10 LE's packaged with a DVD entertainment system have the sunroof omitted; at least in Canada..

Jammer89 -
07 Murano S AWD 195k miles
14 Juke SL AWD
#4 Old 01-03-2013, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Shortly after we got our 09 LE, someone posted that they had one. Since I really dislike SRs, I was jealous. They exist, but likely are quite rare.
#5 Old 01-05-2013, 12:40 AM

I'm 6'3" and don't seem to have any problem with my 2010 LE's headroom. I wear ball caps all the time also and never been an issue, never even thought about it. Have you actually taken one for a test drive to check it out?
#6 Old 01-05-2013, 06:26 AM

I am 6'2 and have a couple inches to spare in my LE
That said, I have never seen an LE with nav sans moonroof :-)

2010 Murano LE w/ AWD, Navigation, Weathertech Floorliners, LED DRLs, SportWing Side Moldings, VG Sharkfin Antenna, Cloud Rider Mesh Grill, NON-beeping liftgate
#7 Old 01-05-2013, 09:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I'm 6'2" and have no problem with the sunroof. My friend who is 6'6" rides in my car with no problem, either. That being said, I really dislike the panoramic sunroof in the MO. In my last 3 cars, Dodge Intrepids, and a Maxima, I had sunroofs and used them a lot. With the one in the MO, it gets so hot in the car when we have the sunroof open or cracked, that we never use it. I probably wouldn't buy one again.

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#8 Old 01-05-2013, 09:39 AM

Wow - thanks so much for all the comments!
And yes virginia...there is a non-sunroof LE and I bought it yesterday! According to the Nissan dealer, it's the only one they've ever seen.
And as far as headroom - it's not that my head was touching the roof...I just really like having the extra 1 1/2 inches the non-sunroof model has. Plus I guess I have a longer torso and maybe shorter arms...so for my driving position and my anatomy - it's perfect. I'm SUPER pleased with this Murano!!!
#9 Old 01-05-2013, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Good deal!

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#10 Old 01-05-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevog View Post
Wow - thanks so much for all the comments!
And yes virginia...there is a non-sunroof LE and I bought it yesterday! According to the Nissan dealer, it's the only one they've ever seen.
And as far as headroom - it's not that my head was touching the roof...I just really like having the extra 1 1/2 inches the non-sunroof model has. Plus I guess I have a longer torso and maybe shorter arms...so for my driving position and my anatomy - it's perfect. I'm SUPER pleased with this Murano!!!
Lucky Dog! Enjoy.
#11 Old 01-06-2013, 11:27 AM

I tend to dislike sunroofs - hardly ever use them and I prefer to instal my own monitor/entertainment display etc.
I had to go looking as well yet our 09 LE (purchased in 08) is sunroofless.. (Could of been me TopazM3)

FYI: at least in 09/10 in order to get Nav you had to get a sunroof. Thus if you didn't want a sunroof you couldn't have Nav - the two were only offered / optioned together. My wife actually wanted the Nav yet not at the expense of having the sunroof.

Just my humble opinion of course yet I feel they are a waste depending on where you live (Im in Dallas.. 90% of the time you have the AC on max or the heater blowing). . Other than that they do decrease head room, tend to rattle, are expensive to repair, can be noisy and I've had a few leak.

On the other hand more folks like them than not.. That's why the Nav is tied to it.. It's all marketing etc.

Cheers

2009 LE
#12 Old 01-06-2013, 09:33 PM

Another thing in the case of our Muranos occurred early in Gen II history. One or two folks reported rock strike on the front panel breaking it. The whole SR cassette had to be replaced.
#13 Old 01-07-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopazM3 View Post
Another thing in the case of our Muranos occurred early in Gen II history. One or two folks reported rock strike on the front panel breaking it. The whole SR cassette had to be replaced.
Very true - I remember reading where one owner said theirs just exploded without anything hitting it. And to make matters much worse Nissan wouldn't warranty it even though well within the bumper to bumper period. Would be hard to convince them however that it was a fault and not something hitting it etc..

Cheers

2009 LE
#14 Old 01-08-2013, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Since I bought the 2011 SL, I can count on my finger tips the no of times I have closed the sun room fully, I Like the sunlight, summer or winter, in winter keep it opened(glass closed)
there you gain a couple of inches.

2011 Murano SL
Pearl white

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: