Viper smart start remote starter - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 01-05-2013, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Viper smart start remote starter

Hello, was wondering if anyone has any experience with the viper smart start that uses the iPhone to start your car remotely?
Would like a remote start but do t want to carry another fob other than the Nissan one and since I always have my phone with me , thought the viper would be a good idea.

Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-05-2013, 09:10 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Extremetint
I install remote starts and i put a compustar and the unit features the option to use the factory remote just hit the lock button three times and it activates, Plus i installed the pro version 1 button start for extra range 2000 feet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RF-P1B-SH.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	17766  
#3 Old 01-05-2013, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The unit (a nice one) in question will work with your Murano. Do know that you have to pay an annual fee ($50+) in order to use that remote start with your iphone. Also, if where you park your car at work is covered parking, there is a very good chance that you will not be able to start your car remotely when it in the covered garage.

eeeee
#4 Old 01-05-2013, 09:21 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Extremetint
Compustar has the same unit for smartphones it is called Drone. There is a fee after the free year it is about 10.00 a month after the year.
#5 Old 01-05-2013, 10:01 AM

I didn't know about the one that uses the factory remote. I like the sound of that one. Does the 2000' model also work with the factory remote? Also I assume there is no confirmation that the signal started the car using the factory remote? Push 3 times and hope?

I knew there was a yearly charge. I can get the viper installed for $400 and was quoted roughly $600 for the drone by another installer. Is the compustar kit less expensive?

Last question.......I was told the have to take some of the dash apart to install it. Is this anything to worry about? I'm always afraid of not being out back together properly and getting rattles.
#6 Old 01-05-2013, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
snipe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by squanto804 View Post

Last question.......I was told the have to take some of the dash apart to install it. Is this anything to worry about? I'm always afraid of not being out back together properly and getting rattles.
Here is where your focus needs to be. It will really save you a bunch of headaches if you seek out an installer that in fact has worked on a Murano like yours. Yes, the installer needs to pull the "combination meter" (your speedometer display) as he/she needs to place some electronics behind it. Another panel or two is also removed. Knowing the vehicle and having done the install in the past minimizes chances of damage to include marring and also improper/problematic install. Along with this, if the install is not done properly and with the proper electronics you will in fact have issues. Issues like no heat or air conditioning when you start car remotely and more. Then you get into issues if the installer is not familiar with the vehicle or is not a terrific installer and he/she applies necessary zip ties incorrectly.... you will then have inner dash noises, creaking, etc.. SO, in closing, chose your installer very carefully! It is all about the installer and of course choosing a decent remote start system.

By the way, I have pulled the Murano's combination meter and center console many times and it is not that big a deal ...BUT if you have a half wit doing it, you will undoubtedly see marring, etc..

eeeee

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: