Nissan Murano Forum banner

Need your help! Identify this part

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Texas325 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Was working on my car and I lost this plastic cap. It's one of the caps that holds the cover in place on the fenders inside the engine bay. Can you help ID it and maybe a part number or where I can find one?

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
It's the clips or retainer cap that holds the covers onto the fenders inside the engine bay. I removed the cover to have easier access to the headlights and also make it easier to wire the LED DRLs.

Not sure, was trying to find it on Courtesy Parts and the Nissan Parts site but I don't have the specific name. Going to the dealer today. I'm very OCD when it comes to missing parts.

I even tried to used the quantity as a reference. Total of 14 of those rivet caps. 7 on each side holding the side covers inside the engine bay

#4 ·
texas325 you didnt need to do all that. The installer who installed my lights didnt remove anything but my grille, and the cover to the fuse box under my hood. The instructions are only for the dealers tech guys that charge you an arm and a leg to remove all that for nothing.

#5 ·
Actually, that cover I remove was not part of the instruction and what you mention is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the cover located in the engine bay. Not the splash shield. I did take the splash shield which took less than 3-4 mins after wheel was off. It did help make the install easier.

Nonetheless, do you know what part I'm talking about?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.