User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 02-02-2013, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
end of murano lease, thoughts for all

well my 2010 mo lease is coming to an end. I wanted to give quick input to all

pros: great brakes, great handling, great amt of space, great front seats for comfort
cons: terrible in the snow, annoying rattles, weak oem speakers

I had the S model, and I drive 500 miles each weekend and totally blew away my miles allowed. Overall, this is a great machine for the price: speeding on the highway, and always felt in control, nice to sit up, and the front seats are comfortable.

I had no reliability issues except for some noise in front left suspension or shock that the dealer fixed under warranty

i think my combined gas was 20mpg

I never liked the oem bridgestones, and replaced them with GY fortera triple tred, even still, I never felt comfortable in this car driving in snow. Perhaps the fact I come from audi a6 spoiled me driving? Reasons Im not buying it: its been parked under a tree (sap) parking spot in the apt complex, each weekeday is nothing but cold engine driving since my work and gym and apt are so close to each other (i wonder if that will shorten engine life span), and Im not comfortable with it in the snow.

However, if you want a crossover with great space, comfort, and handling characteristics, this is the car for you

For me, I think Im going to go look at Fx, q5, rx, or xc60 for my next ride.

unless of course someone can sell me on a 12/13 Mo here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-03-2013, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Did you have AWD? My 2012 has been great in the snow, even considering the lousy Goodyear Eagle LS tires. I think given some better tires, this car would go as well in the snow as my Explorer. Nissan does not equip these cars with tires meant for winter driving and that's a shame.

Maybe they don't get snow in Japan.

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#3 Old 02-03-2013, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
A Murano with AWD really handles the snow quite well. Of course knowing how to drive in the snow is a must also.

eeeee
#4 Old 02-03-2013, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Must have had FWD, not AWD. If you want an FWD car to perform like a Quattro, buy AWD and you have a shot.

However, not a bad review. I can't imagine selling a 2010....my wife and I just bought a 2009 BMW 328iX last week. To me a 2010 is barely broken in.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#5 Old 02-03-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Must have had FWD, not AWD. If you want an FWD car to perform like a Quattro, buy AWD and you have a shot.

However, not a bad review. I can't imagine selling a 2010....my wife and I just bought a 2009 BMW 328iX last week. To me a 2010 is barely broken in.

its a lease, so my options are to buy it or return to dealer and then get something else
#6 Old 02-03-2013, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
my wife and I just bought a 2009 BMW 328iX last week. To me a 2010 is barely broken in.
I agree, Pilgrim. My 95 Max was 17 years old, had 224K miles on it, and was still running great when I traded it on my 08 335xi 1 1/2 years ago. That had 36K when I got it, now has just over 50K, and still seems like new to me. Good luck with your `new' bimmer.
#7 Old 02-03-2013, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittdoc View Post
its a lease, so my options are to buy it or return to dealer and then get something else
Fair enough. I bought my 07 Murano in 2000 off a lease with 49K miles on it...a nice new car to me which replaced a 1999 Blazer. I assume that those who lease have business or tax reasons for leasing and that they prefer to continue leasing for the same reasons. I don't have any reasons for doing so.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#8 Old 02-04-2013, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Garage
Audi Quattro is light years ahead of the Murano's AWD system so I could easily see someone who got used to a Quattro equipped vehicle finding most other AWD vehicles not as good in the snow.
#9 Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayS View Post
Audi Quattro is light years ahead of the Murano's AWD system so I could easily see someone who got used to a Quattro equipped vehicle finding most other AWD vehicles not as good in the snow.
i think thats what happened
#10 Old 02-04-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. I bought my 07 Murano in 2000 off a lease with 49K miles on it...a nice new car to me which replaced a 1999 Blazer. I assume that those who lease have business or tax reasons for leasing and that they prefer to continue leasing for the same reasons. I don't have any reasons for doing so.
i lease b/c i like the nice low consistent pmt per month, no warranty issues for problems, and the fact I distrust longterm engine life due to my 5 day a week nothing but cold engine driving.
#11 Old 02-04-2013, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittdoc View Post
i lease b/c i like the nice low consistent pmt per month
Lots of people - I know like me and I suspect, likely Pilgrim - way prefer NO monthly car payment. Rather than rent, I always found saving to pay cash up front for a car I shopped carefully for (ie one I knew I would like for a long time and was, statistically at least, going to last for a long time) a way better use of my $$. And, as Pilgrim pointed out in a recent post, I also don't have business/tax motives that would make renting economically feasible.

Then again, I also figured out how to retire (full time) at 49. To each their own.
#12 Old 02-04-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafddur View Post
Lots of people - I know like me and I suspect, likely Pilgrim - way prefer NO monthly car payment. Rather than rent, I always found saving to pay cash up front for a car I shopped carefully for (ie one I knew I would like for a long time and was, statistically at least, going to last for a long time) a way better use of my $$. And, as Pilgrim pointed out in a recent post, I also don't have business/tax motives that would make renting economically feasible.

Then again, I also figured out how to retire (full time) at 49. To each their own.
i totall agree to buy over lease in most situations, but until i settle down its not for me

right now my apt gym and work are all 1 mile within each other, and my complex is off a major road (hint accelerating fast to merge)

AM go to work: cold engine drive
lunch: go to apt, then back to work..both cold engine
come home in PM
then late in day: go to and back from gym
thats 6 cold engine per day, + my car spot is under a tree (sap)....i dont want to own a car with this type of driving

thats why I lease
#13 Old 02-04-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:

hows the reliability on those 3 series?
#14 Old 02-04-2013, 10:10 PM

I worked 5 miles from home and had the same situation with cold engine continually. I had a new vehicle with 20,000 miles on it and blew a head gasket. I tore the engine down myself expecting it to be pristine and the engine looked like it had 100,000 on it - loaded with sludge. I had to replace the exhaust system on a yearly basis also. There is a lot of truth to bringing an engine up to operating temperature and traveling 5 miles does not do it!
#15 Old 02-04-2013, 10:19 PM

For serious snow nothing beats snow tires. In Ski country here in Colorado most locals have dedicated snows on from Oct to April. Even with AWD. I just bought a 12 Murano and will get a set of winter wheels/tires next year.

My wife drives a Lexus RX330 with snows and if the weather is bad we take her car. I had a BMW 740IL with snows and never had any trouble. If it was too bad for that set up it was too bad to be out.

That being said, if you only have some snow, not ski area levels, good all seasons should be OK. These Eagles are them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: