3 vehicles in 9 months, finally got it right!! - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 02-04-2013, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
3 vehicles in 9 months, finally got it right!!

I loved my 2010 LE Murano awd but didn't like the 18mpg's it gave me. So I sold it and bought a 2008 Explorer Sport Trac 4x4, v6 and it got even worse gas mileage (17 to 18) based on me not wanting to compromise my driving style.

I'm getting old and set in my ways. Plus, I couldn't rent a trailer from u-haul to take full advantage of the vehicle. Based on that I traded it and got a 2010 SV Maxima.

I'm happy to say that I'm now getting anywhere from 20-26 mpg's and I have 4 different driving modes to choose from, all without changing my driving style.

The Murano is great if you like sitting up high, the sets are very comfortable and it has great pickup. I really liked the audio system and the power liftgate. My family liked the heated rear seats and the room it had.

I learned alot about my self the last 9 months. I like bells and whistles and I need a vehicle that can be modded in some way by me.

My Murano had 38k miles on it and I sold it to CARMAX for $25,500. CARMAX priced it at $27,900 and it sold in 4 days. While looking for a new vehicle I checked Murano prices and 2011's with 60k - 80k miles on them were selling for $22k dollars or more.

2010 LE AWD Black, 36,521 miles: SOLD - Thule bike rack - foglights - navigation - stainless rear bumper guard - Bose stereo w/9 gig musicbox - lighted doorsills - hood protector - power liftgate - heated power folding rear seats - backup camera - Bluetooth - push button start - tinted windows - dual sunroof - iPod hookup - SiriusXM radio - cargo cover ... more to come. Also in the stable: 69 Mercury Cougar - cruiser, showcar, donut maker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-04-2013, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I have a feeling you are going to see a lot of changes when the next generation Murano comes out. The present generation is lacking in a lot of the technology available on other cars in this class, and I feel gas mileage is going to be considerably better.

However, I like mine. I had a Maxima and really liked the car, but it was just too hard for me to get into and out of a car that low anymore. I like the height of the Murano, and the utility the SUV body gives me. I just wish it had all the bells and whistles available on both the Maxima and the Altima.

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#3 Old 02-04-2013, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
I have a feeling you are going to see a lot of changes when the next generation Murano comes out. The present generation is lacking in a lot of the technology available on other cars in this class, and I feel gas mileage is going to be considerably better.

However, I like mine. I had a Maxima and really liked the car, but it was just too hard for me to get into and out of a car that low anymore. I like the height of the Murano, and the utility the SUV body gives me. I just wish it had all the bells and whistles available on both the Maxima and the Altima.
I too had a problem getting out of my Max but only my wife noticed it. Now I hit the weights to keep my arm strength up, lol. If the mpg's get better I can see myself in another Murano or maybe a FX35. But that will be yrs from now.

2010 LE AWD Black, 36,521 miles: SOLD - Thule bike rack - foglights - navigation - stainless rear bumper guard - Bose stereo w/9 gig musicbox - lighted doorsills - hood protector - power liftgate - heated power folding rear seats - backup camera - Bluetooth - push button start - tinted windows - dual sunroof - iPod hookup - SiriusXM radio - cargo cover ... more to come. Also in the stable: 69 Mercury Cougar - cruiser, showcar, donut maker.
#4 Old 02-12-2013, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I feel the same way with cars as well...I originally had Lancer Sportback Ralliart w/ Recaro Package. Both cars were AWD and sipped the same mileage but the Murano takes regular vs premium.

I like the ride height and comfy seats. The Lancer was fun the past two years but the racing seats were killing me and not to be a worrier but if the twin-clutch goes out without warranty (10k out of pocket).

The dealer wanted to sell me a fully loaded Maxima but I wanted some height

2012 SL AWD w/ Nav, Pearl White |OEM Rear Bumper Plate | OEM Infiniti JX35 20" Wheels | OEM LED DRL | 3M PPF/Clear Bra
#5 Old 02-12-2013, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
We just bought a 2009 BMW 328iX Coupe for my wife - low, fast and like a rocket ship inside. We're still working our way through all the electronics, but we both love it. And it's a nice contrast to the Murano. (Now we're looking for a buyer for her 1994 325i, which is a really solid, agile car.)

Wait until the spring when I get my 1983 280ZX Turbo running...the driver's seat must be 3 feet lower than my 07 Murano.

I really like the Murano, but I also enjoy contrast in vehicles.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#6 Old 02-14-2013, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I'm definitely interested to see what the new MO will look like and what features it will come with. The new Nissan Pathfinder is WOW! Bigger engine, bigger cabin, larger towing capacity, with a CVT, and gets better gas mileage than our MO's! If new technology can get this beast moving efficiently, I can't wait to see what the new MO will bring to the table!

After 142K miles, my MO is history. Now sporting a loaded silver 2012 Ford Edge Limited with 20" wheels.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: