Nissan Murano Forum banner

cruise control stops when using turn signal

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  zebelkhan 
#1 ·
Is this normal when i use my turn signal my cruise control stops.??

i did an upgrade 2004 model to 2009 but in the 2004 my meters could be adjusted for europeaan celcius instead of fahrenheit.
And now i find out that my cruise control stops on the highway when i change lane.....can this switched off ??? 1 may regreat this update...?

#5 ·
A long shot but check your tail lights to see if you have normal operation for your tail lights, marker lights, brake lights, and turn signal lights. It is possible that a wrong type bulb in the turn signal socket is redirecting power to the brake light circuit and causing cruise control to disengage.

#6 ·
Thx, you give me more than a long shot.
For the harness of the hitch we used 2 x relay for the turn signals.
Tomorrow(now23:43 in europe) i disconnect the harness and try.
I think there is someting wrong in this circuit.
Now i now its not normal that the cruise control stops!

#8 ·
problem solved, thanx to zebelkhan...
my turn signal for the hitch was installed over 2 relays.
the coil over the relay was connected one wire from bulb other to grounds.
solution i used both wires from the turnsignal bulb to activate the coil.
now the cruise control works !

#10 ·
Hello,
I am new here and just came across this post today. We recently purchased a used 2011 Murano and just took it on it's first road trip this weekend. I noticed a few "quirks" about it and a two that were fairly discerning sound very similar to what's posted here.
We found that the cruise control was canceled when the turn signal is activated. At first I thought this might be some sort of safety feature that made no sense to me. But then we also noticed that, while accelerating, if we use the turn signal, then engine begins to surge rather noticeably, in sync with the blinker--cancel the blinker, surging stops.
I am hopeful the fix is rather easy after reading this post. I was hoping that either Murano NL or Zebelkhan could indulge me with a little more detail on how to check and correct the issues with the relays. . . Ours had a tow package.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

#11 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Is your tow package factory or aftermarket?

Your best bet is to disconnect the wires going to the electrical connection for the tow package (I didn't have a second generation so I don't know for sure but I assume it would be inside the trunk area by the spare tire or under a panel somewhere) and see if that resolves the problem. If it does, then you have isolated the source. If not, then I would check the bulbs, as I advised Murano NL to do.

Let us know how it turns out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.