Nissan Murano Forum

Nissan Murano Forum (http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/)
-   Homepage News (http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/87-homepage-news/)
-   -   2014 Nissan Murano Previewed in Resonance Concept (http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/87-homepage-news/20132-2014-nissan-murano-previewed-resonance-concept.html)

AutoGuide.com 01-15-2013 11:59 AM

2014 Nissan Murano Previewed in Resonance Concept

The future is today at Nissan’s Auto Show display in Detroit. Just minutes ago the Japanese carmaker rolled out a swoopy-looking crossover concept called the Resonance.

This five-passenger vehicle is powered by an advanced hybrid drivetrain. The heart of the system is a 2.5-liter gasoline four-cylinder engine. It’s backed up by a high-performance electric motor and the company’s latest Xtronic continuously variable transmission (CVT). A compact lithium-ion battery juices the system. For inclement weather the vehicle is also equipped with all-wheel drive.

See more photos of the Nissan Resonance Concept on AutoGuide.com

Orzel 01-15-2013 03:13 PM

Hmmm, I'm kind of liking this. Saw many more photos on Autoweek web site. Looks swoopy and modern. Interior shots were interesting too. Wonder if they will carry over our V6. I suspect that the style will be toned down for production.

miloca1983 01-15-2013 05:23 PM

hmmm. to me it seems that it looks like a murano a leaf and a juke had a baby toguether. the front looks jukish, the body muranoish, and the electric part comes from the nissan leaf.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Halwg 01-15-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orzel (Post 204778)
Hmmm, I'm kind of liking this. Saw many more photos on Autoweek web site. Looks swoopy and modern. Interior shots were interesting too. Wonder if they will carry over our V6. I suspect that the style will be toned down for production.

The style has to be toned down for production. Somebody could put an eye out with that thing! :D

Baloo 01-16-2013 07:52 AM

I hope the floating roof concept makes it in, love the look of the back, don't know how big the rear opening would be though.

Warhammer 01-16-2013 12:14 PM

From the side, this thing looks like the Saturn Aztec. Which, by the way, was not a very popular vehicle. Will more than likely be toned down. Concept vehicles are usually designed to WOW the crowd. Actual production version is waaaaaaaay toned down.

Orzel 01-16-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warhammer (Post 204813)
From the side, this thing looks like the Saturn Aztec. Which, by the way, was not a very popular vehicle. Will more than likely be toned down. Concept vehicles are usually designed to WOW the crowd. Actual production version is waaaaaaaay toned down.

Nothing, but nothing look as bad as an Aztec...well, OK, maybe some of the current French offerings. :cool:

SamR 01-16-2013 03:14 PM

Definitely tone it down a bit. Do you think Nissan has plans on building a hybrid MO? Or promoting maybe the platform to do so?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

MuranoDriver 01-16-2013 04:13 PM

It's mentioned in the article...

Quote:

The heart of the system is a 2.5-liter gasoline four-cylinder engine. It’s backed up by a high-performance electric motor and the company’s latest Xtronic continuously variable transmission (CVT). A compact lithium-ion battery juices the system.

mattski 01-16-2013 07:15 PM

Some parts look good, others just look like worlds fair exercise in futuristics. That center stack only had two controls....wonder how much an improvement over BMW idrive single control? Drive train sounds like it would be good for 40 mpg though :-)

Pilgrim 01-21-2013 12:19 PM

Too Japanese amine' for me. Not interested.

Warhammer 01-22-2013 09:32 AM

At least it's not as bad as some of the other Japanese concepts. One I saw a year or so ago looked like an anime cat with whiskers up front. :p