Nissan Murano Forum banner

Woke her up from winter hibernation and she was grumpy.

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  WIS 
#1 ·
"Actually it was me who was grumpy with all the piddly issues" Yesterday I woke up the X-cab from her 6 month winter slumber. Of course battery was stone cold dead, predictable with all the electronics requiring living memory. put charger on it for a few hours to revive it. Next thing trunk would not open with remote or switch, had me frustrated until I saw the top open indicator light lit, pull out book and sure enough can't open trunk unless top is fully locked so wait until batteries have enough life to close top" not sure why it was even popped a bit, was locked when I parked it", get that done ok trunk back in action, next notice windows keep dropping like they should on the x-cab upon door opening but they never go back up, just drop more and more, ok time for book again, find that if battery is dead or unhooked there is a relearn process for every window, run through that process and all was well, got her on the road and spent the day cruising with my better half and the rest of the day went off without a hitch.

Had me wondering the way the process started though, I will be investing in a battery maintainer from here on out to keep on her while in winter slumber.

#3 ·
Yep, this was a first, never owned a vehicle with this many bells and whistles before in my life. I purposely buy the lower trim level models in most other vehicles to avoid issues like these but this was a special purchase and now I am learning all the tips and tricks as I go.

Went out for a cruise yesterday too with top down and my wife is totally enjoying it, can't wait for our long road trips in it coming up this summer.

#4 ·
I have a friend who goes south for 5 months every winter and leaves 2 cars parked in his garage. One is a Cadillac and the other a Chrysler convertible. I often wonder when this will happen to him. He returns and the batteries on both cars are dead.

#5 ·
That is completely unnecessary!

With a couple of trickle chargers and a shot of Sta-Bil in each gas tank, he'd avoid a lot of headaches. Probably get longer life out of his batteries, too.

#6 ·
Met a fellow X-cab owner today in an unusual way. I stopped by the hardware store for some stuff and when I got back in the car an older retire lady walks up to my window so I roll it down and she asks how I like the car and we chat for a minute and she says her husband and herself just picked up a brand new 2014 x-cab in the exact same color last fall and spent the winter in AZ with it and just got back home and love theirs too. She said she just got off the phone with her husband and hung up and looked over and thought he was pulling a fast one on her when she saw the car and didn't realize it was not her husband right away since these are fairly rare cars. although I have seen now at least 2 different white ones and 2 others similar to mine only one has the tan interior rather than black so in a town of less than 100K there are about half dozen of them running around.
We both got a chuckle out of it.

#8 ·
I now have the cover on it for the winter with the battery unhooked but have a maintainer hooked up so I can plug it in a couple times a month to keep battery alive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.