Nissan Murano Forum banner

2014 Murano Cabriolet convertible top issue (Storage lid doesn't engage)

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  FearlesShannon 
#1 ·
The storage lid does not retract when I lower the convertible top; everything works perfectly otherwise and the storage lid DOES close when I raise the top completely. I feel there is nothing mechanically broken but suspect there is a sensor or switch not making contact to allow the storage lid to close when the top is lowered. See pics
Thanks for any help. Even the dealerships don't want to even look at it!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I've had this happen a number of times. It's usually because the retractable trunk divider has disengaged from its seats due to the the roof either hitting the divider or contents of the trunk pushing the divider into the well that the roof goes into. You need to fit your arm in there and try and make sure that the divider is properly placed and the and seated in the sensors.

#3 ·
The storage lid does not retract when I lower the convertible top; everything works perfectly otherwise and the storage lid DOES close when I raise the top completely. I feel there is nothing mechanically broken but suspect there is a sensor or switch not making contact to allow the storage lid to close when the top is lowered. See pics
Thanks for any help. Even the dealerships don't want to even look at it!
Hello,
I am having the same exact issue. Did you ever figure out how to fix it? I have also tried dealerships and was even sent to another shop that wanted 10k to replace to roof. Any help is appreciated.

#4 ·
I have the problem of the back of lid won't lock down with roof retracted. This is ridiculous that they want to replace whole top when their own shop manual shows six different adjustments on each side bracket(12 total) yet none of there mechanics have any idea how to do that and weren't trained too. This happened for no reason and I believe the law firm that won the case against nissan for their ****-job CVT transmission thinks my situation is not what happens to most of these CCabriolets but it is. How many CC owners would sign on for a reimbursement for lost value on their purchase because dealers won't give you nothing for a trade in on this model? email me at mikeomalley877@gmail.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.