Nissan Murano Forum banner

Auto lights off timer

5K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  dklanecky1 
#1 ·
I understand that the auto off headlamp timer can be adjusted. Default is 45 seconds. I want it off as soon as the car is turned off. The dealer is suppose to be able to adjust this, anyone know of way I can do it myself?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Yes, you can do it yourself, but it involves buying a Consult II tool so that you can attach to the Murano's network and modify the programmed options.

J-44200
CONSULT II SCAN TOOL
The power of enhanced diagnostics in your hands.
Diagnoses even more systems than the original CONSULT while
meeting EPA requirements for standardized diagnostics.
Features:
 Replaces the CONSULT as the premier essential diagnostic
tool for Computerized On-Board Systems of Nissan and
Infiniti vehicles
 High-speed 32-bit Motorola Power PC processor which
allows rapid display of the monitored data in a real-time
graphical format
 Large, high resolution touch screen interface – twice the size
of the original CONSULT screen
 Diagnostic systems include Automatic Transmission, ABS, Cruise
Control (ASCD), Air Bag, Traction Control (TCS), In-Vehicle Multiplex
System (IVMS) and Smart Entrance Control Unit
 Includes diagnostic and NATS software cards
 Future program updates provided on ASIST CD-ROM
 Internal thermal paper printer
 Supports reprogramming of the electronic Control Module when used
with ECM reprogramming card, J-44200-ECMR
 Oscilloscope function
 Multimeter function
 High speed communications to the PC using provided Ethernet cable

The best part, is it's only $4,211.94! I'll take two please!:rolleyes:

#3 ·
I wish someone would develop an aftermarket solution for Nissan like I had with my VW. You could by the VAG-COM software and cable to do this sort of thing on a VW for under $200 and use your laptop to access the vehicle systems. Someone would have to take the initiative to right the software and maintain it though. I think I will send an e-mail to the VAG-COM developer to see if he wants to expand his product offering.

#4 ·
Yeah, I'd buy one... It's just software. (Just hours of work to figure out the communication, the structure, writing the code, debugging it, then the worst part... Documenting it and providing support and help!)

Nothin' to it!!! Good hobby project, as it would work on all the Nissan and Infinitis (otherwise known as Nissan's that are rebadged so they can charge more for them...):4:

#5 ·
I sent a letter to the developer to see if he would consider it. I will let you know what I find out. The VAG-COM was great as it would allow you to reprogram the locks, read engine codes for check engine light, reset the CEL, read measurement blocks in the engine, etc. Allowed me to troubleshoot a faulty MAF and avoid dealer diagnostic fees.

#6 ·
And probably costs less than a service charge, once it's out of warranty!

#7 ·
Well the company responded and they are planning a BMW/Mini software offering, but no Nissan/Infiniti offereing. They did point me to an OBD-II OBD-II Tool that will allow you to monitor various functions of the vehicle, but not allow for Nissan specific functions. Maybe I can brush up on my C++ skills and see if I can work on something. Then again finding time to do anything lately seems difficult.

#8 ·
OK. It looks like the OBD-II Tool in the post above does have some Nissan Specific diagnostic capabilitie. You may be able to set certain parameters. I am sending an e-mail to the developer to see if what type of Nissan specific stuff they can do.

#9 ·
You're my hero... That's the kind of thing I'd do if I had the time!:D

#12 ·
Digital said:
Wait......I just checked the user manual (page 2-21)........this option is available with navigation option only.....sorry for the confusion.
You don't need the NAV system to adjust it - I think it was a post-manual printing change on the 2004. At least it's adjustable in our 2004 non-NAV Mo. I think its in the 2nd submenu, where you can set the power seat to move back on key off, etc.

-Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.