User Tag List

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #46 of 65 Old 01-09-2015, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Got mine!

I just picked mine up last night here in Maryland. Traded in a FWD 2003 SE that I bought new for a 2015 AWD Platinum with the Tech package. Figured I kept the last one for 11+ years, I might as well splurge as I intend to keep this one as long. So many bells and whistles it is going to take a while to figure it all out.

I got the Java Metallic with the Mocha leather interior. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures.

Wish I were behind the wheel instead in front of the computer.
rjardine, DarkMeth, wa4qfy and 3 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 65 Old 01-09-2015, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Kudos!
post #48 of 65 Old 01-09-2015, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Nice, that sounds like a cool combo. It's really not that all complex. You'll figure it out fast. The only thing that's pissing me off is only google search works. All the other apps don't work yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 65 Old 01-10-2015, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
I just love the interior! Unfortunately, we don't have Mocha here North of the border, sniff sniff; I'll put pressure on my local sales rep and Nissan Canada reps at the upcoming Montreal International Auto Show. I go with a long time friend every year whether we need a new car or not as we love news cars! At a glance | Salon International de l'Auto de Montréal

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
post #50 of 65 Old 01-11-2015, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Did the dealer stick that tacky looking front license plate on the car? That certainly ruins the looks of the car!

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
post #51 of 65 Old 01-11-2015, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Front license plates always ugly up the front of cars. I'm glad I live in a state that doesn't have one.
bob1 likes this.

2014 Murano LE Platinum Edition in Sapphire Black. Splash guards, carpet floor mats and cargo mat, stainless steel bumper protector, Weathertech all weather floor mats.
post #52 of 65 Old 01-12-2015, 05:22 AM

Garage
Same here in my province BamaTim but sometimes some dealers will screw the front license plate frame directly in the bumper cover as to install their own promotional plate. They seemed to have learned with time that customers where unhappy with this as if you remove the plate and the frame, you're stuck with 2 or 4 holes in the bumper cover, argh! Now they seem to install only a promotional sticker which is easy to remove. Or else, if you're stuck with the license frame, you can always put your own decorative plate but I prefer an untouched bumper! Why make a sleek front end and ruin it with a plate?
bob1 likes this.

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
post #53 of 65 Old 01-12-2015, 09:55 AM
The Phone Booth Fanatic

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
Same here in my province BamaTim but sometimes some dealers will screw the front license plate frame directly in the bumper cover as to install their own promotional plate. They seemed to have learned with time that customers where unhappy with this as if you remove the plate and the frame, you're stuck with 2 or 4 holes in the bumper cover, argh! Now they seem to install only a promotional sticker which is easy to remove. Or else, if you're stuck with the license frame, you can always put your own decorative plate but I prefer an untouched bumper! Why make a sleek front end and ruin it with a plate?
When I was looking at the 2015 at my dealership, I noticed they now come with two "dimples" molded into the front bumper cover where the holes are to be drilled. It's better than actual "holes", but not as nice as the clean, smooth unblemished front bumper they used to ship the cars with. They probably have some specific reinforcement behind the bumper cover for the license plate attachment and want to make sure the holes are drilled in the correct place.

Take care!

Jim

"The pathologically precise are annoying, but right."

2017.5 Midnight Edition - Pearl White/Charcoal
- Heated Blind Spot Mirrors
- Illuminated Kick Plates
- Interior Accent Lighting
- Morimoto XB-N LED Fog Lights
- Hella Super Horns
- Weathertech Front & Rear Mats
- Color-matched License Plate Frame
- FastFlash Strobe Module on High-mount Brake Light
- Nissan Trailer Hitch
- 25% Tinted Front Side Windows
- 4th Brake Light (EDM OEM Rear Fog Lamp)

2009 LE (Traded In)
post #54 of 65 Old 01-12-2015, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Tacky Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
Did the dealer stick that tacky looking front license plate on the car? That certainly ruins the looks of the car!
Yeah. Front plates are required in Maryland, so once I get my new tags I will replace the dealer's tacky tag with a tacky MD tag.
post #55 of 65 Old 01-12-2015, 06:13 PM
The Phone Booth Fanatic

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej_pez View Post
Yeah. Front plates are required in Maryland, so once I get my new tags I will replace the dealer's tacky tag with a tacky MD tag.
Illinois is the same, but I've managed to go 6+ years without a front plate and without a ticket. Keeping my fingers crossed. I would love to get one of these and then mess with the officer if I ever was stopped…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uAL...w&spfreload=10

Take care!

Jim

"The pathologically precise are annoying, but right."

2017.5 Midnight Edition - Pearl White/Charcoal
- Heated Blind Spot Mirrors
- Illuminated Kick Plates
- Interior Accent Lighting
- Morimoto XB-N LED Fog Lights
- Hella Super Horns
- Weathertech Front & Rear Mats
- Color-matched License Plate Frame
- FastFlash Strobe Module on High-mount Brake Light
- Nissan Trailer Hitch
- 25% Tinted Front Side Windows
- 4th Brake Light (EDM OEM Rear Fog Lamp)

2009 LE (Traded In)
post #56 of 65 Old 01-13-2015, 06:05 AM

Garage
Different states and different provinces meaning some have a mandatory front license plate, some don't; I'm so happy I live in a province where we don't have a front license plate anymore...It's been so long, I don't remember exactly when the law changed here; I think about 35 years ago or so.

post #57 of 65 Old 01-15-2015, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Replaced the stock 20 inch rims with aluminum alloy fast 18inchers and put my snowies on...the constant salt up here will destroy the stock rims...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2499
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	25506  

2015 Murano Platinum Gunmetal Grey
post #58 of 65 Old 01-16-2015, 08:14 AM

Garage
Wow! BigShooter, your new Winter wheels really look great, very similar to OEM on certain other cars and going down one size is always a good idea for Winter as long as overall tire diameter is similar and the tires are less expensive and usually you have more choices. Do you think they will resist a little bit to the salt? Just curious as to where about you live in Ontario? Not too many people put Winter tires in GTA due to milder weather but up North (I'm thinking Thunder Bay, Timmins, Sudbury or even Ottawa, been there, done that!) it's a completely different and much harsher climate.

Next time I get my Mo washed, I should take pics and of my steel wheels and wheel covers combo and post them on the forum. Not as fancy as your setup but IMO a pretty darn good compromise compared to no wheel covers at all or tacky looking wheel covers. 2 years ago, I bought 3 differents sets of wheel covers and tried them on my RAV4 steel wheels for fit & looks and I returned promptly the 2 sets that I did not like! Enjoy Old Man Winter 'cause he's still alive & kickin'...here anyways!

post #59 of 65 Old 01-16-2015, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I am a huge believer in snow tires. All seasons turn into hockey pucks when the temp gets to 5c and below as they are made out of a harder compound.Hence less traction. Snow tires are made of a softer compound and make a huge difference in winter. Yes there is an upfront cost , but how much will a deductible cost you for an accident. Huge difference when it comes to braking distance 25-30%. Tests prove it. "All Season" is a term that is not true when it comes to winter. More of a marketing thing I think. It doesn"t matter if you have AWD or not in the winter when it comes to cornering and braking. It makes no difference.
The machine finished stock 20 inchers will pit with the salt over time as opposed to aluminum alloy wheels which are die cast.
And yes I live west of Toronto.

2015 Murano Platinum Gunmetal Grey
post #60 of 65 Old 01-16-2015, 09:51 PM

Garage
BigShooter, I'm 100%with you on that one! I've been convinced for several decades; when radials hit the market in the mid seventies, they were already called all season by some because they provided better traction than bias ply or belted tires. Here all season are now called 3 season because of our harsh Winters. Today's top rated Winter tires (X-ice, Blizzak, Extreme Winter, etc.) are so smooth and quiet compared to the old "snow grips" as they were called back in fact mine are quieter than my all season! Seems like the softer compound combined with the less aggressive tread design absorb road noise more IMO. I'm a happy camper!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: