Canadian Noob - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 07-16-2018, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Cool Canadian Noob

Hi there. Newbie here, in Western Canada. I'm getting my 2018 SL later today.
I thought I posted this a day or 2 ago but I must have mis-clicked something.

Coming from a 2010 Cadillac CTS, I'm looking forward to some of the great new technology, particularly the cameras, and Apple Carplay. My CTS worked with my iPhone for about a week, then I got a newer one with Lightning connector and even with the proper adapter, the car said "incompatible device".
Also looking forward to doing my own oil changes again. My last 2 cars were a pain. Passat had a huge "belly pan" that was hard to remove, and even harder to re-install, and the CTS is too low for my floor jack or my low profile ramps. I understand there are plastic panels over the filter area and drain plug on the Murano to, but they appear to be reasonably easy to deal with so we'll see how lazy I am.

I will miss the hard drive full of music in my CTS, I understand the user interface when playing from a usb stick leaves a bit to be desired. Mrs Penguin had a 2011 Murano and the U.I. on the entertainment/nav system was horrendous. Her 2015 is better for sure.

Nothing planned for modifications other than some floor mats, a seat cover for the back to keep my dogs from scratching it up, and we'll see if I hate the tires. I forget what mine has on it. but Mrs. Penguin's 2015 has Bridgestones and they are bad in the snow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-16-2018, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Update: Picked it up, so far very impressed.
Tires are Continentals so hopefully better than the Bridgestones on Mrs. Penguin's 2015.
Playing music from the USB stick isn't as bad as I had read. Not great but I can live with it.
Sound is pretty good, not quite as good as the CTS, but good enough for car audio.
No complaints so far. Ok one. It's longer than the CTS and I have about 3/4 inch between hitting the cabinet at the front of the garage, and not being able to close the door. Cabinet has to go, obviously.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-16-2018, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Congratulations! You made a great choice. I would think youíre going to find the fit and finish to be very high at the price point. Itís as smooth as a car chassis vehicle gets, in my opinion.

Pics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-17-2018, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I see your location is Western Canada but no specifics.
If you're in Alberta, Sask. or Man. I would suggest not running on the Continentals in winter.
I would either use them in summer and get a dedicated winter tire for Nov. to April or get all weathers (not all season).
I myself sold the terrible Contis and bought a set of Toyo Celcius all weather that are good (great) for the summer and winter/snow rated (have also been great for that).
I'm in Alberta.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-17-2018, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckguy View Post
I see your location is Western Canada but no specifics.
If you're in Alberta, Sask. or Man. I would suggest not running on the Continentals in winter.
Guess I didn't need to be quite so vague in my location info
I'm in Alberta as well.

Thanks for the tip. I generally don't do winter tires/rims , but have been considering it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: