1Likes
  • 1 Post By wtgkb8

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 07-21-2015, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
ABS Recall - UPDATE

Sitting now at the dealership while our 2015 goes though the ABS recall fix. They said it should take one hour.

For those of you who are not aware, Nissan has issued a recall for 2015's built during specific dates:

"Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2015 Murano vehicles manufactured December 4, 2014, to March 17, 2015. These vehicles are equipped with Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) actuators which may have contamination in the solenoid valves, potentially affecting the valves' ability to completely close and allow a build up of hydraulic brake pressure, or fully open and allow the hydraulic brake pressure to completely drop."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-21-2015, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I called and made my appt. They said they will look at it and if needed order the part.

UPDATE: Took it in and dealer said it was good.

2015 Nissan Murano AWD Java Metallic with tech package, carpeted floor mats and cargo protector, splash guards, illuminated kick plates, interior accent lighting, and cargo package
post #3 of 5 Old 07-22-2015, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I heard about the recall. Called my dealer. Was told no recall for my vehicle. Called the Nissan 800 number. They asked for the last 5 digits in my VIN#. Told me that it didn't apply to me.

2015 Murano FWD SL
Cayenne/Black interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-21-2015, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Hello,

I just wanted to share my experience with the ABS recall.

Back in August, i got my car checked at the dealer and they said that my car in fact needed the ABS actuator replaced, they ordered the part that day, i left the dealer, all good.

Note that the closest Nissan dealer for me is 450kms away.

I got a call at the end of August saying that the part arrived and i needed to schedule an appointment to get the work done, i asked them if it could be done on a Saturday and they said no.

I took a day off work, drove 450kms, dropped my car off and got a loaner vehicle to drive around while my car was being taken care of, an hour later a received a call saying that the car was ready to be picked up.

When i get the invoice it says "Recall inspecion completed" i asked the service advisor if the part was replaced and she didnt know (lol) she went and asked the technician and turns out my car was not part of the recall at all :@

I got the service manager to look into this and he said that yeah they screwed up, however, they did not care at all that i had taken a day off work just to do that and drove 900kms in total because someone didnt know how to do their job.

Today just to be safe i called Nissan customer relations and explained the situation and they looked at my VIN # and said that they dont see a recall in the system for my vehicle.

If they can tell that over the phone, why were we asked to take the vehicle there to see if it needed the recall or not? why not just create a page on their website where you can write your VIN # and check for yourself if the recall is needed or not.

Sorry for the novel lol
post #5 of 5 Old 10-21-2015, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandoborjas View Post
If they can tell that over the phone, why were we asked to take the vehicle there to see if it needed the recall or not? why not just create a page on their website where you can write your VIN # and check for yourself if the recall is needed or not.
Like this?

Nissan Recalls | Nissan USA
Blackmax likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: