LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 11-11-2015, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
iPhone and the 2015 Murano

Hi All,

I have an iPhone 6.

I am having some issues and I was wondering if you are all experiencing the same problems.

When I receive a text message, I do not hear my text alert sound (not from the phone or the audio system) unless I am in Bluetooth Audio mode.

If I am not in Bluetooth Audio mode, when I receive a text message it pops up on the screen as long as my phone screen is off. If my phone screen is on, no sound and no visible alert on the screen.

I cannot reply to text messages.

If the car is on, all sound from the phone is muted (except for below

If I receive a phone call the phone rings and the ring is heard thru the audio system.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-11-2015, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
On my iPhone 6 (and now 6S), both the phone and the car make a sound when a text comes in, that's with the phone locked. The phone makes it's normal sound and the car makes it's own (different) sound.

The iPhone may not send texts to bluetooth devices if it thinks you are using the phone (screen unlocked), I haven't tested that.

You will not be able reply to texts via the car, Apple does not permit apps or bluetooth to send texts directly.

'15 Murano Platinum AWD
'01 Boxster S
post #3 of 9 Old 11-11-2015, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Found this out when I upgraded and switched back to iPhone 6S.

SHIFT_rose gold one twenty eight

SHIFT_pacific sunset SL awd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-11-2015, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
My iPhone 6s works flawlessly with my Murano and I have the cellphone screen setup with a fingerprint/pin lock. I am able to receive, answer messages hands-free.

Now my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ has no texting functionality with the car which makes me think the Android / Nissan OS combo may be the culprit.
I hope with upcoming Android's Marshmallow upgrade might fix it otherwise I will reset the cellphone to factory and try again in case some configuration became corrupted.

Current: Volvo S90 Inscription

GONE: 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD Pearl White on Graphite Leather, Technology Package, Phillips LED Fog Lights, Husky Liner Complete Protection Package, Aluminum Bumper Liner
post #5 of 9 Old 11-12-2015, 05:26 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ch View Post
My iPhone 6s works flawlessly with my Murano and I have the cellphone screen setup with a fingerprint/pin lock. I am able to receive, answer messages hands-free.

Now my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ has no texting functionality with the car which makes me think the Android / Nissan OS combo may be the culprit.
I hope with upcoming Android's Marshmallow upgrade might fix it otherwise I will reset the cellphone to factory and try again in case some configuration became corrupted.
You must be using Siri to reply to texts? The system won't allow you to reply using the Nissan text messages.
post #6 of 9 Old 11-12-2015, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealthing View Post
You must be using Siri to reply to texts? The system won't allow you to reply using the Nissan text messages.
I am not using Siri (can't stand the broad) to text back. I'm using the default preset texts.

Current: Volvo S90 Inscription

GONE: 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD Pearl White on Graphite Leather, Technology Package, Phillips LED Fog Lights, Husky Liner Complete Protection Package, Aluminum Bumper Liner
post #7 of 9 Old 11-12-2015, 08:48 PM

Interesting. I never tried it on my 6+ after IOS9, perhaps that is what is making the difference. I haven't been able to reply to text messages before, but never attempted after IOS9. From everything I read, it shouldn't work on the iPhone, but cool that it does!
post #8 of 9 Old 12-02-2015, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Will the Murano w/Platinum tech pkg cause my iPhone to auto-play anything when it is connected via BT or USB? Of so, can that 'feature' be turned off?
post #9 of 9 Old 12-03-2015, 06:10 AM

If you have the Music App open, or another app that is sound capable - it may resume. It doesn't always, but it can. The only way to stop is to turn off the radio, or close the app unfortunately. I also dont like that the stereo turns on when you auto start the car, so if you had it blasting....it comes on blasting as well.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: