Any changes to the Nav system on 3rd generation? - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 01-30-2016, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Any changes to the Nav system on 3rd generation?

I think I read some reviews that were negative and made me think I wouldn't pay extra for it. If they fixed the bugs or it changed with the 2016, I'd probably consider it.

Any changes to the 2015 Nav package?

Maybe the reviews were too harsh and it's worth the 860 upgrade?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-30-2016, 11:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I recommend just using the Google Maps on your phone. I live in a small town, not sure if it because of that but the Nav system is very buggy. The maps are neither uptodate nor accurate
post #3 of 8 Old 02-01-2016, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
It works, but I prefer to use Waze on my phone. Better traffic info, alerts on police/red light cameras and easier to search for a location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-01-2016, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
How do you keep the battery charged on your phone while using the GPS apps?

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
post #5 of 8 Old 02-01-2016, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
How do you keep the battery charged on your phone while using the GPS apps?
I only use GPS apps while plugged in. The constant screen use will kill a battery in no time, especially if you have a large screen like I do.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-01-2016, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
And the verdict is....

... not good.

I wanted it to be good. But it's not. I have just over 500 km on my Platinum (although it was delivered with 230 km - which is another story) and the Nav system is... well... it just stinks. There are so many streets and roads that are not on the map, that it is all but unusable in the areas that I use it most (including a small city).

So what I've had to do, is place my trusty Garmin 2595LMT on the dash, to the left side of the steering wheel (there is a small shelf it fits nicely on), run the power cord across the dash and over to the power plug in and use it. Deadly accurate, regularly updated, user friendly - (none of this applies to the onboard Nav system of my brand new Nissan Platinum).

As an aside, on the centre screen, there is a little box that shows how far the next turn will be and the direction of the turn. It works great - once. After that first turn, the only way to get it to show the next turn is to cancel the navigation entirely and reprogram the same destination. It works ONCE, then fails. Sometimes the box stays black, other times it shows 0.0 km to the next turn and stays that way until the route is cancelled.

Oh well... what should I expect for $42,000+ ?

But the Garmin is great!!

Learn from the mistakes of others... you won't live long enough to make them all yourself!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-01-2016, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
The factory nav unit has a really difficult time in my area since I live in the middle of a community that's still being built.

Then again, even on long-established roads it takes me on some idiotic routes sometimes.

2015 Murano SV
Cayenne Red
post #8 of 8 Old 02-01-2016, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Just chiming in to agree that the Navi sucks, that I use google maps instead and that you do have the latest version that Nissan has released even though it says 2014. I think I've been fairly consistent about this in other post.

But I realized this when I bought the car. I didn't upgrade to get NAVI, it came with the Platinum package so I took it. I did upgrade to the Technology package, that's where the feature I wanted were at. Moonroof, Forward Emergency Bracking, Intelligent Cruse Control and Predictive Forward Collision Control. The Navigation is a let down but it's wasn't a deal breaker.

MY15 Nissan Murano AWD Platinum in Pearl White and Tan interior with 20" Rims.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: