Join Date: Oct 2018
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Sorry for double post...
In my case, I'll be deciding between the Ownice and the Dasaita. I'd appreciate some further help in the decision pls....
Here's what matters to me:
1. Fluid, smooth OS: if it looks nice that's great, but if the experience is slow and lagging, or distracting, then there's no point to it at all
2. Screen: I have always been a sucker for a nice screen. I like a bright, vibrant screen. But, for example, I enjoy my smooth stock Pixel 2 XL vs an old Galaxy S5, even though the S5 had a brighter and more vibrant screen
3. Preserved functionality of SWC, rear camera, bluetooth (without high pitched noises lol)
4. I don't listen to much music. Mostly lectures and podcasts. So the sound 'quality' and customization don't matter as much to me.
5. Google maps!!! I need a great navigation unit. The stock maps are so primitive.
I know you have outlined your thoughts earlier, but I'd rather not have to experiment between units and your advice is valuable <img src="https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/images/smilies/tango_face_wink.png" border="0" alt="" title="Wink" class="inlineimg" />
Thanks Assad, and TG for the video
On the ownice, were you able to change the wallpaper, or use live wallpapers, or widgets?
I really like the weather widgets and live wallpapers would be nice, especially since you don't need to worry about battery.
Any Android headunit is just normal Android device so you may do anything you want with it
Default C500+ launcher support just static wallpaper and widgets support is implemented in a bit strange way.
But you could always replace default launcher with any alternative (there are lot of them) and customize it as you like better.
While I suggest to play a bit with default device settings first - you still may try something like Nova launcher (works unstable on C500+) or other dashboard-styled launchers like Web Car Guru or Agama car launcher (my choice)
WabbaJ, for a bright vibrant screen you might like the Ownice over the Dasaita because of the brightness issue that assad and I mentioned about it being somewhat dimmer at full brightness than we'd like. I'm ok with the Dasaita for now as everything is working for me.
It is nice to be able to enable active widgets and live wallpapers and other apps that normally would suck up battery juice but not a problem in this case!
I'll send this to ownice and make sure they get it right
I have a 2016 Murano (over in Bogota Colombia) with the Bose sound system and was considering installing the new Sony head unit XAV-AX210 with the iDatalink Maestro . Not sure this is the right thread to ask in, but would anyone be able to comment as to whether I should be able to get this to work with the car and whether the 360 camera would still work?
|Rate This Thread|