Lane departure system? - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 06-06-2016, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Lane departure system?

I don't think the vehicle has this option, but on Saturday I was driving back home about 150 miles or so and on the highway they had some construction with new hot pink lines painted. As I was driving through this zig zag area I may have crossed over the lines a few times as there were a few slow pokes hogging the passing lanes. Suddenly the dash beeps and a message comes up asking me if I want to take a break from driving.

I thought; was this a coincidence or did the vehicle sense that the road did not match up with the GPS or somehow picked up that I had crossed over the multiple neon pink lines 3 or 4 times in a short period.

anyone else get this message?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-06-2016, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
just looked it up online and apparently it does have this feature ...who knew!!!
post #3 of 6 Old 06-06-2016, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Yea it's not a lane departure deal but a driver fatigue warning. I think turning off the car and restarting it resets that timer.

Always Smell it First.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'15 Murano SL, Black and Black w/Tech.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-06-2016, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabagoo View Post
I don't think the vehicle has this option, but on Saturday I was driving back home about 150 miles or so and on the highway they had some construction with new hot pink lines painted. As I was driving through this zig zag area I may have crossed over the lines a few times as there were a few slow pokes hogging the passing lanes. Suddenly the dash beeps and a message comes up asking me if I want to take a break from driving.

I thought; was this a coincidence or did the vehicle sense that the road did not match up with the GPS or somehow picked up that I had crossed over the multiple neon pink lines 3 or 4 times in a short period.

anyone else get this message?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabagoo View Post
just looked it up online and apparently it does have this feature ...who knew!!!
They use this instead of lane departure and honestly I like it better than the lane departure that was on my 2013 Altima.

With the Altima, anytime I went through a construction zone (which is daily on my commute) the damn thing wouldn't stop beeping because of the squiggly road lines, LOL. I actually ended up turning it off every day for the most part because it was that annoying on that particular commute.

The way the Murano does it is look for erratic driving patterns and then beep rather then go crazy on the first perceivable "swerve".

2015 Platinum AWD Mo w/Tech Pkg, Gun Metal (My Baby)
2012 SL AWD Mo, Brilliant Silver (Wifey's Baby)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-06-2016, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
This car does not have a lane departure warning (nor mitigation for that matter).

I had an Infiniti EX35 in the past which did have those features and that particular car used a camera mounted on the rear view mirror to monitor the lines on the road, regardless of the color of the said lines.
If you ended up swerving out of lane then the car would use the brake on the opposing wheel to guide the car back into lane, very subtle but very effective.

On the Murano I actually believe the fatigue sensor is getting its data from the electrical steering. As you "nod" you are more susceptible to making several jerky corrections on the steering wheel input which get added over a period of time to "sense fatigue".

Current: Volvo S90 Inscription

GONE: 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD Pearl White on Graphite Leather, Technology Package, Phillips LED Fog Lights, Husky Liner Complete Protection Package, Aluminum Bumper Liner
post #6 of 6 Old 06-07-2016, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
guys i am pretty sure that the fatigue thing really has to do with minutes of continuous driving.
I live in montreal we are reknown for potholes (given the extreme hot and cold weather fluctuations and liberal salting of our roads), sporadiac driving is what we do everyday to avoid potholes.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: