135Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #181 of 241 Old 09-05-2018, 05:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash610 View Post
My wife and I hate that the doors don't automatically unlock when put into park. Or auto lock when put in drive.
You can change that in the settings. I have mine set to unlock when I shift into park. As for locking when put into drive, you cannot set that feature. It locks once you start driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 241 Old 09-05-2018, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex View Post
You can change that in the settings. I have mine set to unlock when I shift into park. As for locking when put into drive, you cannot set that feature. It locks once you start driving.
You can also have the auto lock set to lock as soon as you take it out of Park. I hated how it would lock when driving down the road and it kept startling me. I kept thinking something was either hitting the car or something knocked in the car.

Unfortunately, the Nissan dealer has to make the change with their Consult II machine. I had them change it during the first service. Since the car was already hooked up, they didn't charge me for the change. FYI, most Nissan dealers don't know that this change can be done. You have to be persistent. I printed out the page from the FSM about the setting and brought it with me to show them. It was about a 2 minute job for the service tech.

Hope this helps.

Have a good day.

2017.5 Murano Platinum w/Tech package
Gun Metallic w/Glass Coat Finish
20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
Thinkware 800 Pro Front/Rear Camera
3D Maxpider Mats w/Cargo Cover & Net
Curtis Class 3 Hitch w/OEM Tow Harness
Frameless Rear View Mirror
Illuminated Kick Plates & Foot Well Lighting
Sonic Shock Sensor (Active Alarm Upgrade)
Rear Bumper European LED Lighting
Front DRL/Turn Signal LED Lighting @ Fog Light Frame
Full Underbody LED Ground Lighting
All LED Lighting
Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 Tires
post #183 of 241 Old 09-05-2018, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash610 View Post
My wife and I hate that the doors don't automatically unlock when put into park. Or auto lock when put in drive.
Go to your dealer and insist they reprogram the car so that it locks/unlocks when the shifter is engaged. There was a fix for this issued a couple years back. My service tech argued with me that it didn't exist, so I had him look it up.

2015 Murano SV
Cayenne Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 241 Old 09-05-2018, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
Vash610, I've completely disabled the auto locking/unlocking thanks to another member's experience with a Maxima. Not clear if this is what you want but you can check my post #94 on page 7 of this thread!

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
post #185 of 241 Old 09-06-2018, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
I agree. I've had a car with the buttons on the sun visor but I didn't have a garage back then! Now, I just use my right thumb to press the Homelink button while my index and middle fingers are behind the mirror holding it in place; this way the mirror doesn't need to be readjusted.
How hard are you guys mashing the button?

I didn't do a scientific study, but the amount of force required to activate the switch seems to be about 1/4 of what is required to move the mirror even slightly.
rjardine likes this.

2018 Murano SL
post #186 of 241 Old 09-06-2018, 02:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post

I didn't do a scientific study, but the amount of force required to activate the switch seems to be about 1/4 of what is required to move the mirror even slightly.
I'm not mashing the switch! I guess it can vary from one vehicle to another. My mirror is not that tight and once in a while I have to readjust it upwards, not a big deal.

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
post #187 of 241 Old 09-07-2018, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Overall, I really like the Murano, and I will tell you there are things to dislike with any car. I thoroughly researched this car, and drove it before I bought it and I was aware of the things I'm about to mention. Still, they could be fixed and improve the overall experience.

1. Lack of USB ports. Come on - in 2018 we only have one USB port in front and one in the 2nd row? Ludicrous. What I did was buy 2 - 2 USB adapters for the 12V ports on the dash and in the console. Most folks charge their devices through USB and don't use these "cigarette Lighter" ports anymore. So Now I have 5 USB ports to use as needed. This is the one I bought:

2. The removal of the button for the fuel door release and the replacement with a pull tab. This is definitely a step backward from the 2nd gen.

3. Still having a gas cap. It's just annoying to have to unscrew and fool with a gas cap when so many cars are going capless. My Fords have been with out a gas cap for years.

4. The radio shutting off when you turn off the car. Come on, even the wienie Rogue continues to play the radio when the car is shut off. What happened with the Murano not getting this feature?

5. No sliding second row seat. Again, the Rogue allows this, the Explorer, and on and on. Why not the Murano?

Like I said, none of these were deal breakers for me when I bought the car, but they could be addressed easily by Nissan.

Oh yeah, I just thought of #6 . The key fob. It's the same one I had for my 2005 Maxima. Come on, Nissan. You can't give us a better, nicer, more modern key fob in 13 years?
Freedom55 likes this.

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
post #188 of 241 Old 09-10-2018, 02:50 PM

Garage
Right on Halwg! Flat folding front passenger seatback is also a nice feature for carrying long objects like a step ladder. Not a deal breaker even if a Jeep Patriot/Compass had this feature on some trims; on the Murano and other vehicles I had before, I simply removed the head rest and folded the seatback backwards completely. It doesn't give a flat loading surface but it got me out of trouble a few times.

I'm not promoting Ford here but I must admit they had a few good ideas over the past few years like the foot operated tailgate which many manufacturers now offer including Nissan. The Edge Sport has a 2.7T V6 putting out 315 HP; there is no equivalent in the Murano line up. Perhaps a Sport, Nismo, SE or GT version should be considered...Turbocharge that venerable VQ to get between 350 and 400 HP and beat the competition hands down. Just saying.

post #189 of 241 Old 09-10-2018, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
I have driven Fords all my life and the last few years they’ve become junk.

I had a ‘13 convertible Mustang that I loved, but the top was tearing and couldn’t be fixed. Needed new a-arms at 5,000 miles, etc.

‘15 Mustang GT manual tranny went out at 6,000 miles and the condenser or whatever that requires the entire dash be removed.

Then stupidly got a ‘16 F150 5.0 and the engine had a loose wrist pin knock at 3,000 miles and dealers r fused to fix, per Ford.

I recommend staying away from Ford. They’re junk and Ford will not support customers at all.
post #190 of 241 Old 09-10-2018, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
I'm not promoting Ford here but I must admit they had a few good ideas over the past few years like the foot operated tailgate which many manufacturers now offer including Nissan.
Meh. I had it on my previous Escape. I found it to be a gimmick for the most part. The tailgate opened so slowly that I'd be standing there waiting. Plus I think maybe there was 1 instance in total where my hands were so full that I couldn't just click the tailgate button on my fob. I found that if I opened it (via fob) at 10 or more feet from the car, it'd be fully opened by the time I got there.

Much prefer the manual release.

2015 Murano SV
Cayenne Red
post #191 of 241 Old 09-11-2018, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post

Yeah, I don't really have an issue with the force needed to activate the switch. I just don't like the location of the Homelink in general. Would rather have the Homelink buttons up by the map light console, but that's probably just my personal preference. Not a big deal... in the scope of things. Really like the vehicle overall.

2015 Nissan Murano Platinum
Magnetic Black with Graphite Interior
Platinum Technology Package
Carpeted Floor Mats
Splash Guards
Interior Accent Lighting
Illuminated Kick Plates
Cargo Area Protector
Morimoto XB-N LED Fog Lights
LED Fog Light Frames
Husky Weatherbeater Floor Liners
post #192 of 241 Old 09-11-2018, 02:39 PM

Garage
[QUOTE The Edge Sport has a 2.7T V6 putting out 315 HP; there is no equivalent in the Murano line up. Perhaps a Sport, Nismo, SE or GT version should be considered...Turbocharge that venerable VQ to get between 350 and 400 HP and beat the competition hands down. Just saying.[/QUOTE]

Just found out the 2019 Edge Sport is replaced by the ST with 335 HP and 380 pound feet of torque, not too bad! Ford is apparently targeting European competitors namely Audi, M-B, BMW and a few others (Volvo, Alfa Romeo, Land Rover/Range Rover, Jaguar) who all have optional high output engines but cost way more. They also dropped their 3.5 V6 leaving the 2.0T for all other trims. Less and less V6 in favor of turbocharged 4

post #193 of 241 Old 09-12-2018, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Lately my drivers side mirror has a shake while driving. Not to bad but noticeable.

If it gets worst will have to open it up and tighten it up.
post #194 of 241 Old 09-12-2018, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Garage
Two minor things:
No light in the glovebox.
No auto high beams.

2018 Platinum AWD Arctic Blue / Graphite - Current
2010 LE AWD - Former
post #195 of 241 Old 09-12-2018, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Check the glovebox with the lights on. You might be surprised.
mattski likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: