135Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #226 of 241 Old 05-31-2019, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaHacienda444 View Post
Doesn't have 1-Touch Window Up and Down for both front and rear. I think Toyota has that standard on certain trims. When it's not 1-touch, users tend to overpress to confirm windows are actually closed and so tend to wear out the electronic mechanisms faster than would occur with 1-Touch.

Wear out the mechanisms faster?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 241 Old 05-31-2019, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Wear out the switch faster.
post #228 of 241 Old 05-31-2019, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
I turned my wife’s power tilt off. I don’t want the $800 bill to fix the blown out plastic garbage gears when it’s out of warranty.
I disabled that on my 2010 because of the good advice I got here. Never had a problem because it didn’t have a chance to wear out with 10,000 extra, needless up and downs.

One of the first things I turned off before leaving the dealer lot with my 2018

2018 Platinum AWD Arctic Blue / Graphite - Current
2010 LE AWD - Former
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #229 of 241 Old 06-05-2019, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaHacienda444 View Post
Doesn't have 1-Touch Window Up and Down for both front and rear. I think Toyota has that standard on certain trims. When it's not 1-touch, users tend to overpress to confirm windows are actually closed and so tend to wear out the electronic mechanisms faster than would occur with 1-Touch.
My Platinum has it on both front windows.
post #230 of 241 Old 06-17-2019, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I purchased a 2018 Murano Platinum in April. A couple of weeks ago when I was transporting a 32 inch door I noticed that when the rear hatch is open, and you start to drive a very loud alarm (BEEEEEBBBB) is triggered indicating your hatch is open. The only way to silence the alarm is to close the hatch. What a dumb idea. I mean its good that there is an alarm, but there should be a way of turning off the alarm, even if resets once your shut off and restart the vehicle. I just found out that if you drive without you seatbelt on there is no alarm, just a small light that comes on on your dash. Does anyone know if any other vehicle on the road is like this?
post #231 of 241 Old 06-17-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Normore View Post
I purchased a 2018 Murano Platinum in April. A couple of weeks ago when I was transporting a 32 inch door I noticed that when the rear hatch is open, and you start to drive a very loud alarm (BEEEEEBBBB) is triggered indicating your hatch is open. The only way to silence the alarm is to close the hatch. What a dumb idea. I mean its good that there is an alarm, but there should be a way of turning off the alarm, even if resets once your shut off and restart the vehicle. I just found out that if you drive without you seatbelt on there is no alarm, just a small light that comes on on your dash. Does anyone know if any other vehicle on the road is like this?

The seat belt is no shocker some cars have a little alarm others ding some just flash the seat belt sign. I have never tried driving in this car with my hatch open so i wouldnt be able to give and knowledge on that. I have driven with my trunk open before in my other cars so i can see where it would be useful but also such a big hatch could be dangerous driving with it open. It also might have to do with this car being profiled for a young family with kids. safety features sometimes dont make sense.
post #232 of 241 Old 06-26-2019, 02:57 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
1) The hood now visible in 3rd gen.
2) Liked how 2nd gen looked more in general from outside.

3) Now a gun safe fits only from the rear under the seat, not front like in 2nd gen.

4) Ceiling seems lower (maybe due to sunroof?), I can feel my hair brush the ceiling at times.
5) MP3 player is total and complete trash and waste. Nissan should be ashamed to offer this crap in 2018 version.

6) BOSE audio is ok but just that.

7) Volume buttons on the wheel are badly placed.
8) Spokes of the hand wheel seem to have extra plastic and not flush on the sides, some of it is sharp.
9) I feel more road vibration in my feet through the mat on the floor than 2nd gen.
10) What is up with the fuel door release? Is it 1980's?
11) I wish we had an electronic hand break, not a pedal, even Rogue has that.
12) The hand wheel could be more easy to turn.
13) Rear/front & 360 cams have resolution like the cheapest cams were used.
14) Home screen on central console looks horrible GUI wise, like early 2000's. Shame.
15) No footwell leds.
post #233 of 241 Old 06-26-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramness View Post
Reflection of air vents in the side windows.

Sun glare from hood.

Sun Glare from trim around gear shift.

Stupid divided arm rest, my arm always ends up between the pads.

Center console lack of storage options, seriously my Xterra has coin slots and pen holders. Murano gets a little tray?

None of the power outlets are active when the ignition is off, can’t leave something in the car plugged in to charge while parked.

Hood does not open high enough.

The white ambient light that shines down on the cup holders can’t be turned off. I recently disabled it. Much better!

Cargo area lighting is horrible at night. (but we can see our cup holders just fine!)

Mismatched dash illumination colors with both white and amber. Why not just make it all white?

Steering wheel controls illumination, I’ve owned 7 other vehicles with steering wheel controls, none of them lit up, never had a problem finding the buttons at night.

Can’t turn off the DRLs when parked with the engine running.

Foot activated parking brake rather than a handle or electronic.

Radio turns on with remote start, kind of embarrassing when you leave volume up a little high.

Only Nissan Connect app available is Google search.

Voice actions are worthless. I have not successfully gotten it to lookup a destination after numerous attempts.

Navigation only shows how many minutes till you arrive at your destination not the estimated time of arrival.

Navigation does not show interstate exit numbers in the instrument cluster, only on the main screen when you get close to the exit.

While navigating to a location it will often tell me route guidance is no longer available and stop providing turn by turn directions but it will still show the blue line on the map to indicate where to turn and it will still recognize that you arrived.

Navigation maps in my 2015 are from 2012, Nissan wants $135 to update maps only, no other software updates or apps included.

Bose system does not sound anywhere near as good as the Rockford Fosgate audio in my Xterra. Of course this could be due to the subwoofer being in the spare tire vs. under the drivers seat.

This ended up being a little longer than I expected...

Wow, you should definitely be getting rid of this car, and getting one you actually like. When I don't like a car, I continually find things wrong with it. I have found the best solution is to sell it and move on.
I agree with half of the stuff you mentioned, I like how you pay attention to these things, I do too 🙂 I really hate the trunk lightingoutdated.

I think what I hate most is the Nissan key. Doesnt really give a way of feeling what buttons are what when the key is in my pocket, unless I feel really hard for the Nissan logo. Key is so outdates.
post #234 of 241 Old 06-26-2019, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
For the cargo area, spend $3 and pop this bad boy in there. Takes about 2 seconds.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ase-30mm/2107/

2015 Murano SV
Cayenne Red
post #235 of 241 Old 06-27-2019, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
For the cargo area, spend $3 and pop this bad boy in there. Takes about 2 seconds.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ase-30mm/2107/

What about: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-6000K-Su...5/281589175528
post #236 of 241 Old 06-28-2019, 08:12 AM

I'd stick to the 30mm. Even that was a snug fit. Any bigger might not fit at all.

2015 Murano SV
Cayenne Red
post #237 of 241 Old 06-28-2019, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
6000K or the 3100?
On the super bright.
post #238 of 241 Old 06-28-2019, 09:35 AM

I went with 6000K to more closely match the overhead LED interior lighting.

Also installed:
6000K license plate LED lights
https://www.enlightauto.com/collecti...se-plate-bulbs

6500k reverse LED lights

and 6000K HIDs
https://www.enlightauto.com/collecti...t-kit-low-beam

These were all done years ago. The license plate and reverse lights are super simple and take about 2 minutes. The hardest part is getting the hard plastic cargo cover off to access the bulbs (and it's not hard... just saying). The HID install was a bit more intensive since I chose to install the optional harness but it wasn't anything a novice couldn't do, especially if you follow the how-to video in the link.

2015 Murano SV
Cayenne Red
post #239 of 241 Old 06-28-2019, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
These were all done years ago. The license plate and reverse lights are super simple and take about 2 minutes. The hardest part is getting the hard plastic cargo cover off to access the bulbs (and it's not hard... just saying). The HID install was a bit more intensive since I chose to install the optional harness but it wasn't anything a novice couldn't do, especially if you follow the how-to video in the link.[/QUOTE]

How much improvement with the hids? Was it worth the time & money?
Same question with the reverse lights. I was thinking about adding a aux reverse light below and behind the bumper but Iím concerned about the light washing out the camera.
post #240 of 241 Old 06-28-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasArt View Post
How much improvement with the hids? Was it worth the time & money?
Same question with the reverse lights. I was thinking about adding a aux reverse light below and behind the bumper but I’m concerned about the light washing out the camera.
I gave a brief summary after the install here (click). 100% worth the time and money to me. I can't tell you if they'd be worth it to you. I find the stock halogens to be completely insufficient and dangerous on dark roads.

The reverse lights won't wash out the backup camera. They're bright as hell, though. Nobody behind you will mistake your intention for anything other than reversing . And they're so ridiculously easy to install that I recommend it to anyone. I know that for some folks the biggest fear is getting the cargo area trim off, but it's easy.

2015 Murano SV
Cayenne Red

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: