Things you don't like in your Murano? - Page 2 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

135Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 241 Old 09-02-2017, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
HMMMMM...in town fuel economy, hood glare, radio off when start/stop button is pressed (should stay on till door is opened), tinny door close - not a solid thunk, mirrors aim to the ground in reverse, roof crossbars are too close together, no open cubby to keep phones, wallet, no coin keeper, single disc CD, no front or rear anchor points to tie down the kayak, no adjustable pedals, no paddle shifters, but even with all these gripes, I still love the MO

2016 Nissan Murano SL AWD
Gun Metallic
Bug deflector
Roof crossbars
Cargo protector
Winter floor mats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 241 Old 09-02-2017, 02:58 PM
RCM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrian View Post
HMMMMM...in town fuel economy, hood glare, radio off when start/stop button is pressed (should stay on till door is opened), tinny door close - not a solid thunk, mirrors aim to the ground in reverse, roof crossbars are too close together, no open cubby to keep phones, wallet, no coin keeper, single disc CD, no front or rear anchor points to tie down the kayak, no adjustable pedals, no paddle shifters, but even with all these gripes, I still love the MO
Didn't realize how much I liked this feature in other cars now that I don't have it. Really wish this was an option you could enable in the options or something.
Balbasaur and KBrian like this.
post #18 of 241 Old 09-02-2017, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrian View Post

You can change that by moving the Left/Right mirror selector from the center position.
PeterJ and KBrian like this.

Always Smell it First.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'15 Murano SL, Black and Black w/Tech.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 241 Old 09-03-2017, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
No dark upper windshield tint. I have it on my 2014.

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
post #20 of 241 Old 09-04-2017, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
a standard auxiliary cord will allow you to play music from your android.
post #21 of 241 Old 09-05-2017, 04:46 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Things you don't like in your Murano?

What I hate the most is Nissan connect (or shall I say Nissan disconnect). It's 2017 and their software Dept is living in year 2000.
Constant Bluetooth issues on my 2017 platinum.
Also the Bose audio doesn't live up to its name. Nothing Bose-like. I was expecting more.
2015ArcticBlue likes this.
post #22 of 241 Old 09-05-2017, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Maybe it's just me and i cant figure it out. I'd like to manually open the rear lift gate, without totally disabling the auto feature.
post #23 of 241 Old 09-05-2017, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzron View Post
Maybe it's just me and i cant figure it out. I'd like to manually open the rear lift gate, without totally disabling the auto feature.
As in from the outside? You can press the large middle button and it'll open (slowly and automatically, but you can force it open if you're in a hurry)
post #24 of 241 Old 09-06-2017, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Garage
How it only blinks the lights once when you unlock it with the key fob no matter how many times you press the button.

2016 SL FWD Cayenne Red
Roof rack cross bars
Illuminated door sills
Nissan all weather mats
Husky cargo liner
6000k HID kit
post #25 of 241 Old 09-06-2017, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't mind the Bose system. It wasn't all that great when I first got it, but now a year in, the speakers seem to have broken in a bit and sound a lot better. Its a nice, subtle bass though, but I can see why people would prefer to have more bump.

Not a whole lot I don't really like, though.

When I rest my knee on the armrest on the door, it makes the folds of my jeans dig into my knee. A bit uncomfortable.

I ride with the seat all the way down, and and somewhat close forward, otherwise I cant comfortably reach the steering wheel, but then my right knee hits the dash.

Cameras could be of better resolution. They do the business, though.

Nissan Connect. You all know the story.

The adaptive cruise control, while great in most cases, likes to brake hard when a car ahead of me changes lanes and stops. It can also be a bit slow to brake when coming up to stopped traffic, so it will brake hard.

Gets kind of noisy when its outside of its comfort zone of 1200-2000 RPM. Otherwise, its pretty quiet.

Aside from Nissan Connect, its all relatively minor complaints.
post #26 of 241 Old 09-06-2017, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Interesting that a $40,000+ car has all these niggling issues. I'm waiting on the 2018, and if they aren't addressed, I'm buying a Lincoln.
Balbasaur likes this.

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
post #27 of 241 Old 09-07-2017, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
Picked up my new SV last night. No lights in front doors and some lower trim quality vs previous gen (this has been discussed before). Also as with previous gen, still no way to completely disable power rear door when my bikes are on the hitch mounted rack for example. Small things but on the other hand it looks and drives really well!

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
post #28 of 241 Old 09-07-2017, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
Interesting that a $40,000+ car has all these niggling issues. I'm waiting on the 2018, and if they aren't addressed, I'm buying a Lincoln.
Technically its a $32,000 car with a bunch of markup for extra features.

But worth nothing that because of inflation, that $40,000 doesnt really mean as much as it did, even 10 years ago. Even a Chevy costs this much now.
chuckrock16 and 4airedale like this.
post #29 of 241 Old 09-07-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0nderbrad View Post
As in from the outside? You can press the large middle button and it'll open (slowly and automatically, but you can force it open if you're in a hurry)

Thanks. Yes, from the outside. I still prefer how my old venza worked, where the button on the liftgate would release the lock and you can open manually, or just use the key fob to open it automatically. It just feels wrong to push against the door to stop it. Anyways typical "First world problem".
post #30 of 241 Old 09-07-2017, 02:47 PM

two other small dislikes. (yes, comparing with my 2009 Venza that the Murano replaced)

1. I find a lack of interior lighting, especially in the footwells. I guess there is a dealer option you can install. Would like to hear opinions on that.

2. We have a pearl white platinum model. I notice in there is a very slight colour difference in the bumpers and mirror caps compared to the rest of the body. Has anyone else noticed this?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: