Nissan Murano Forum banner

Things you don't like in your Murano?

63K views 246 replies 71 participants last post by  Kae 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The way the USB ports take over the infotainment system. Instead of it asking if you want to switch to USB for audio, it assumes you want USB audio and starts playing music from the device you (or more annoyingly, the kids in the back seat) just plugged in.

#5 ·
I think my main 2 gripes are the silver trim around the side vents causing a very distinct glare in the side view mirrors (which was discussed at great length in another thread), and how short the horizontal part of the seat cushion is. I get knee aches constantly because of this, now.

Yes, it can.

#7 ·
2015 Platinum here
Road noise
No insulation in doors, floor.
Extremely loud transmission on low RPMs
Cheap dashboard plastic (top) part.
BOSE speakers (good marketing move) terrible execution.
Seats another good marketing move with zero gravity. BS.
All this were discussed on this forum many times.
Im glad we are leasing this car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

#115 ·
Glare from hood angle
Transmission is too aggressive at keeping RPM low at low speeds
Foot parking brake is archaic
Steering wheel is too big
The simulated shift points when over 50% throttle is bizarre, I wish it could be disabled

Other than that, great vehicle.

Re "keeping RPM low at low speeds" this is true when the CVT is warm; I don't like it either. On the other hand, when it's around the freezing mark and below, the RPM stay higher even with a light throttle and the engine almost fully warmed up! I've read in the shop manual that the torque converter lockup is disabled until the CVT is warm; I wish it would happen sooner as I don't like high revs when driving gently. Luckily, manual shifting eliminates the problem.

Reactions: Frank Shap
#11 ·
I love my Murano so far, but if I had to make a list

Not enough bass, supposed to be the top end stereo. There isn't enough bass
I can't shut the car off, while keeping the radio on.
Hood angle. Love the styling of the car, but the hood can cast a glare.
Needs RWD and an LSx.

All I can think of at the moment. Probably can think of a few more things later.

#13 ·
I should have my new 2017.5 SV next week so I can only talk about my experience while shopping and road testing both the SV and Platinum. Poor rear and 3/4 visibility, low front ground clearance (I'll remove the lip under the bumper), no foot activated liftgate like on Rogue and Pathfinder, steering feel, stiff shifter, same old engine, besides OEM cross bars not many aftermarket ones available (Only Thule).

I found the cloth seat more comfortable for my back than the leather like one auto journalist reported. May have to do with the cooling mechanism on the Platinum?

I wish my SV could have been ordered with forward emergency braking, intelligent cruise control, predictive frontal collision; rumors has it that all versions will have this in 2018. If so, I'll bite my lip!

#15 ·
Steering wheel too big, material used feels like from the 80's & orange colored back lighting.
USB placement in useless little storage compartment not even large enough to hold your phone.
No auto wipers on Platinum model.
Paint quality. A lot of orange peel not clear at all.
Bose stereo is terrible.
The padding is already deteriorating on the center console armrest (2015 w/26K).

#16 ·
HMMMMM...in town fuel economy, hood glare, radio off when start/stop button is pressed (should stay on till door is opened), tinny door close - not a solid thunk, mirrors aim to the ground in reverse, roof crossbars are too close together, no open cubby to keep phones, wallet, no coin keeper, single disc CD, no front or rear anchor points to tie down the kayak, no adjustable pedals, no paddle shifters, but even with all these gripes, I still love the MO

#17 ·
HMMMMM...in town fuel economy, hood glare, radio off when start/stop button is pressed (should stay on till door is opened), tinny door close - not a solid thunk, mirrors aim to the ground in reverse, roof crossbars are too close together, no open cubby to keep phones, wallet, no coin keeper, single disc CD, no front or rear anchor points to tie down the kayak, no adjustable pedals, no paddle shifters, but even with all these gripes, I still love the MO
Didn't realize how much I liked this feature in other cars now that I don't have it. Really wish this was an option you could enable in the options or something.

#19 ·
No dark upper windshield tint. I have it on my 2014.

#25 ·
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't mind the Bose system. It wasn't all that great when I first got it, but now a year in, the speakers seem to have broken in a bit and sound a lot better. Its a nice, subtle bass though, but I can see why people would prefer to have more bump.

Not a whole lot I don't really like, though.

When I rest my knee on the armrest on the door, it makes the folds of my jeans dig into my knee. A bit uncomfortable.

I ride with the seat all the way down, and and somewhat close forward, otherwise I cant comfortably reach the steering wheel, but then my right knee hits the dash.

Cameras could be of better resolution. They do the business, though.

Nissan Connect. You all know the story.

The adaptive cruise control, while great in most cases, likes to brake hard when a car ahead of me changes lanes and stops. It can also be a bit slow to brake when coming up to stopped traffic, so it will brake hard.

Gets kind of noisy when its outside of its comfort zone of 1200-2000 RPM. Otherwise, its pretty quiet.

Aside from Nissan Connect, its all relatively minor complaints.

#27 ·
Picked up my new SV last night. No lights in front doors and some lower trim quality vs previous gen (this has been discussed before). Also as with previous gen, still no way to completely disable power rear door when my bikes are on the hitch mounted rack for example. Small things but on the other hand it looks and drives really well!

#30 ·
two other small dislikes. (yes, comparing with my 2009 Venza that the Murano replaced)

1. I find a lack of interior lighting, especially in the footwells. I guess there is a dealer option you can install. Would like to hear opinions on that.

2. We have a pearl white platinum model. I notice in there is a very slight colour difference in the bumpers and mirror caps compared to the rest of the body. Has anyone else noticed this?

#33 ·
If I may add small things compared to my 2014; no tow hook for front bumper, faint CVT whine, shallow door pockets only good for drinks and small items.

#44 ·
The transmission whine is more pronounced in reverse like on some older Honda Civic; sounds more like a manual transmission! Never had this on my 2014 but it's not a big deal, just strange. I'm slowly getting used to my new ride and I can't wait for the end of the break-in period to mash the gas pedal and feel the simulated shifts >:D

#36 ·
Same paint issue on my Pearl White SV which I didn't have on my 2014 with the exact same color code QAB. Also, the trunk opening is narrower so my old cargo net is now too loose. I will probably get a new one.

#37 ·
I don't even own the 3rd gen, but I know what I don't like compared to my 2012. No heated steering wheel in the SL trim. I'd rather not buy the platinum trim with 20" wheels and stuff I don't really want just to get the heated steering wheel. It should be a "cold weather" option.

#38 ·
Halwg I don't want to rub it in but up here in Canada the heated steering wheel, panoramic sunroof and power liftgate come standard on all SV and upper trim models. However, we can't get 4 way power passenger seat or Bose on SV nor Cashmere cloth interior or Pacific Sunset paint. Different packaging for the two countries. In my mind a cold weather package would make sense in the US due to extreme temperature difference between say Alaska and California. And I would include ventilated seats standard on SL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.