Nissan Murano Forum

Nissan Murano Forum (https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/)
-   3rd Gen (2015+) (https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/121-3rd-gen-2015/)
-   -   Things you don't like in your Murano? (https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/121-3rd-gen-2015/213497-things-you-dont-like-your-murano.html)

Esenbek B Aliev 08-31-2017 02:10 PM

Things you don't like in your Murano?

jptshadow 08-31-2017 02:32 PM

Exhaust is too quiet lol and I can't so anything about it because my wife insists it be this way.

bwebb6322 08-31-2017 02:54 PM

The way the USB ports take over the infotainment system. Instead of it asking if you want to switch to USB for audio, it assumes you want USB audio and starts playing music from the device you (or more annoyingly, the kids in the back seat) just plugged in.

Murana 08-31-2017 03:07 PM

I haven't done much research yet but it seems to only support iPhone? I have an Android Galaxy S7 and was wondering if it can play music off from that.

user8 08-31-2017 04:35 PM

I think my main 2 gripes are the silver trim around the side vents causing a very distinct glare in the side view mirrors (which was discussed at great length in another thread), and how short the horizontal part of the seat cushion is. I get knee aches constantly because of this, now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murana (Post 681865)
I haven't done much research yet but it seems to only support iPhone? I have an Android Galaxy S7 and was wondering if it can play music off from that.

Yes, it can.

Murana 08-31-2017 05:06 PM

Awesome, good to know! Now I gotta find a specific connection wire for my Murano & S7.

dand. 08-31-2017 11:13 PM

2015 Platinum here
Road noise
No insulation in doors, floor.
Extremely loud transmission on low RPMs
Cheap dashboard plastic (top) part.
BOSE speakers (good marketing move) terrible execution.
Seats another good marketing move with zero gravity. BS.
All this were discussed on this forum many times.
Im glad we are leasing this car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

user8 09-01-2017 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murana (Post 681889)
Awesome, good to know! Now I gotta find a specific connection wire for my Murano & S7.

Any USB to MicroSD cable will work..

Jmar55 09-01-2017 10:33 AM

Agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by user8 (Post 681881)
I think my main 2 gripes are the silver trim around the side vents causing a very distinct glare in the side view mirrors (which was discussed at great length in another thread), and how short the horizontal part of the seat cushion is.

I agree with the above and let me add the emergency foot brake (I'd like an electronic emergency brake) and position of the volume controls on the steering wheel.

big_c 09-01-2017 10:56 AM

Glare from hood angle
Transmission is too aggressive at keeping RPM low at low speeds
Foot parking brake is archaic
Steering wheel is too big
The simulated shift points when over 50% throttle is bizarre, I wish it could be disabled

Other than that, great vehicle.

freekwonder 09-01-2017 12:01 PM

I love my Murano so far, but if I had to make a list

Not enough bass, supposed to be the top end stereo. There isn't enough bass
I can't shut the car off, while keeping the radio on.
Hood angle. Love the styling of the car, but the hood can cast a glare.
Needs RWD and an LSx.

All I can think of at the moment. Probably can think of a few more things later.

sean6365 09-01-2017 04:02 PM

We just bought our 17 Platinum Midnight Package and the Bose system sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedom55 09-01-2017 04:25 PM

I should have my new 2017.5 SV next week so I can only talk about my experience while shopping and road testing both the SV and Platinum. Poor rear and 3/4 visibility, low front ground clearance (I'll remove the lip under the bumper), no foot activated liftgate like on Rogue and Pathfinder, steering feel, stiff shifter, same old engine, besides OEM cross bars not many aftermarket ones available (Only Thule).

I found the cloth seat more comfortable for my back than the leather like one auto journalist reported. May have to do with the cooling mechanism on the Platinum?

I wish my SV could have been ordered with forward emergency braking, intelligent cruise control, predictive frontal collision; rumors has it that all versions will have this in 2018. If so, I'll bite my lip!

user8 09-01-2017 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean6365 (Post 682018)
We just bought our 17 Platinum Midnight Package and the Bose system sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bose is a ripoff. So glad I opted against. I could barely hear a difference when test driving.

RJK2112 09-02-2017 10:26 AM

Steering wheel too big, material used feels like from the 80's & orange colored back lighting.
USB placement in useless little storage compartment not even large enough to hold your phone.
No auto wipers on Platinum model.
Paint quality. A lot of orange peel not clear at all.
Bose stereo is terrible.
The padding is already deteriorating on the center console armrest (2015 w/26K).