User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 29 Old 09-08-2017, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2015 Transmission problems

My 2015 Platinum AWD is at the dealership getting a new transmission. It just hit 29,000 miles right before the issue started this past Tuesday. From a complete stop it vibrated and didn't seem to want to accelerate. I tried manually switching the gears and nada. After probably 30 seconds and riding the curb it finally started to accelerate. I repeated the process at every stop light and drive it straight to the dealership.

The tech hooked it up and it did not give any codes and there were no warning lights on. He then drove it around the parking lot for a few minutes, only to return and tell me he was getting me a loaner as mine was not "drivable."

They gave me a 2016 Maxima as a loaner and the next day informed me I would need transmission replaced. Hopefully, it is done by Monday, as that's when they expect it to be ready.

I saw other people have had to have their transmissions replaced on 2015s, but no one seemed to have the same issue. They all had shuddering at low speeds. I had no clue anything was going until it crapped out. No issues with my vehicle at all other than some recalls.

Has anyone else had this issue, and after getting new transmission all was well? I guess I'm just a little freaked out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 09-09-2017, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
I doubt you'll hear from anyone with identical issues. It's a transmission. They fail. That's why you have a warranty. If you don't hear from people, I'd not worry because there's no hype and hysterics to support that it keeps happening. That's a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 29 Old 09-10-2017, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Transmission failures aren't frequent. It does happen, but getting a new tranny solves it. The odds are that it will be in good shape after the replacement.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 75th Anniv. Edition
1983 280ZX Turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 09-14-2017, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

I picked my vehicle up on Tuesday, and happy to report that everything seems to be working as it should. No clue why my transmission crapped out, but I'm happy with the way the dealership handled it and the job they did.
KBrian likes this.
post #5 of 29 Old 09-22-2017, 07:09 PM

Garage
We had hesitation and jerking at low speeds. We just had repairs done. Hopefully this will take care of the issue. We have 26K on our Murano.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3719.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	42178  
post #6 of 29 Old 09-22-2017, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Stacey0612,

Do you know if they replaced the entire CVT or just repaired/replaced a part like the valve body--like Rjk2112. Its good to see that dealers are actually repairing/replacing the easier outer part of the CVT. Before, its full replacement. They don't even bother opening it up.
post #7 of 29 Old 09-27-2017, 09:00 AM

Transimssion failure 2015 Murano NHTSA filing

Stacy0612, this is a very serious safety concern and has far reaching implications for this model vehicle. Please consider filing a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration [NHTSA]. link removed
Your experience should become part of the equipment failure database in support a recall action. I have the same model with 27k and I am very concerned. Will we revisit this issue at 60k? 90k? Is this a disposable transmission?
Thank you for sharing your experience.
post #8 of 29 Old 09-28-2017, 09:38 AM

I have had the same issue as RJK2112 - hesitation and jerking at low speeds, especially when starting to accelerate from an intersection when I was barely moving and then started to accelerate. It didn't happen every time just now and then. Took it in to the Nissan dealer for a look-see just before a 3,500 mile trip we had planned. They said nothing showed up on the codes, etc. But they reset the steering crank angle (or something like that). They said that when you have the wheels aligned sometimes the computer doesn't know exactly where straight-ahead is and that this realigns it.
Anyway we took the trip and didn't have the problem again.
post #9 of 29 Old 09-28-2017, 09:39 AM

Forgot to say my 2015 Murando Platinum had 12,000 miles on it when this started.
post #10 of 29 Old 09-28-2017, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Dear RJK2112,

Seems like my Murano does the same things! Can you please give a few more details on that?
Did you have a check engine light on?
How did this start? All of a sudden or gradually?
I noticed that quite a while ago but since this is my wife's car I don't drive it every day and when I tried it lately (for 3,000 miles road trip ) it feels much worse. Pretty much every time you accelerate you feel delay and some jerking when it is picking up.

Thanks in advance!

Murano '15, SV AWD Java
post #11 of 29 Old 09-28-2017, 01:19 PM

man in van,
I think it started very slowly and was almost un-noticeable since it only did it once in a great while, I drive it every day and didn't really pay much attention - thought it might just be some bad gasoline or something. And then a couple of times I needed to "get on it" from a right turn on red - not a good time for hesitation on acceleration. After that I started noticing it more. But I had no warning lights and no fault codes when the dealer read the CAN.
As I said, there have been no recurrences after they reset the steering crank angle?

Still worried though. I wanted a record at the dealer that I had complained about this issue.
post #12 of 29 Old 10-05-2017, 07:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by man in van View Post
Dear RJK2112,

Seems like my Murano does the same things! Can you please give a few more details on that?
Did you have a check engine light on?
How did this start? All of a sudden or gradually?
I noticed that quite a while ago but since this is my wife's car I don't drive it every day and when I tried it lately (for 3,000 miles road trip ) it feels much worse. Pretty much every time you accelerate you feel delay and some jerking when it is picking up.

Thanks in advance!
We did not receive any warning lights. It probably started after about 12K. It was gradual but then pretty much did it any time you were below 20mph and were very light on the gas pedal. It too is my wife’s so she was the first to notice. The jerking and hesitation reminded me of a driving a manual transmission and being in the wrong gear and rpm’s would drop too low. Since the fix the rpm’s seem to stay a little higher thus not getting the hesitation. We have one year left on our lease. Hopefully we won’t have anymore issues. My wife loves the vehicle and would like to lease a 2017.5-2018 next year. Hope this helps.
post #13 of 29 Old 10-05-2017, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
LOL oh boy, i hoped this was fixed by now....it seems not.
post #14 of 29 Old 06-06-2019, 10:30 AM

Same Stuttering Issue

I have as 2015 Nissan Murano Plat with the same stuttering issue. It happens sometimes when first moving and then regularly at certain speeds - 20 to 25, 60 to 70. Everyone in the vehicle can feel the car bucking! Brought it into the dealership and they stated there is a bulletin regarding this issue and a fix but no recall?

They replaced something in the transmission and when road testing the transmission seals blew out. They have had the car for a week now and not sure what is going on?
post #15 of 29 Old 06-17-2019, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
If someone is replacing a defective valve body with a used valve body, how do they assure themselves that the replacement one wasn't part of the original defective batch of valve body's purchased by Nissan back in 2014-2015? If I buy the same part number of a shuddering valve body currently in use, won't I be buying into the same problem? What part number should I look for, rjk2112? I might be able to get this repaired at a local Nissan dealership (I'm not in the U.S.), but if not, I may need to go the used route with a low-mileage valve body.