My same thought when I was looking to buy. Some of the first-year 2015 cars I saw on the dealer's lot had some pretty bad orange peel texture.
It was really noticeable on the darker cars. The 2016 and 2017 cars seemed like they corrected the problem. When I purchased my 2017.5 Midnight Edition I opted for the Pearl White as it's a 3-coat process and has more preparation involved. It's just as smooth as my Super Black 2009 LE was. Hope this helps and take care!
"The pathologically precise are annoying, but right."
2017.5 Midnight Edition - Pearl White/Charcoal
- Heated Blind Spot Mirrors
- Illuminated Kick Plates
- Interior Accent Lighting
- Morimoto XB-N LED Fog Lights
- Hella Super Horns
- Weathertech Front & Rear Mats
- Color-matched License Plate Frame
- FastFlash Strobe Module on High-mount Brake Light
- Nissan Trailer Hitch
- 25% Tinted Front Side Windows
- 4th Brake Light (EDM OEM Rear Fog Lamp)
2009 LE (Traded In)