I solved the “numb steering” issue - Page 3 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #31 of 38 Old 10-20-2018, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Has anyone notice an improvement in steering effort at low speeds with new tires? I'm wondering if the heavy steering at parking lot speed is related to tires or if it's the power steering system in our cars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 10-21-2018, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
Also considering the new Bridgestone Ecopia H/L 422 Plus as mentioned in another post.

Those are good tires. I had them on my 2012. I'm probably going to go with an "All Weather" tire instead of all season. The 2 I'm considering are the Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady and the Toyo Celsius SUV. I'm looking at ratings to see which will probably be the better tire. I really don't like the OEM Bridgestone Duelers. They are noisy and don't have much grip.

I'm not sure all weather tires will be quieter and have more grip than your Dueler but if this is the way you want to go Consumer Reports recently tested the 2 you're considering. I believe this will appear in their Nov issue. The WeatherReady is a better choice except on ice. Here's a quick overview FYI:
Ratings: snow ice dry wet handling comfort noise

WeatherReady good average average average good average good

Celsius good good average poor good average average

I hope this helps in your quest

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
post #33 of 38 Old 10-21-2018, 03:04 PM

Garage
Sorry for how the chart came out...looked O.K. when I typed it.
KBrian likes this.

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 Old 10-21-2018, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
Sorry for how the chart came out...looked O.K. when I typed it.

Thanks, that does help. I may have to pick up a copy of Consumer Reports.

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
post #35 of 38 Old 10-21-2018, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
'If I recall correctly..." = IIRC

Third model Murano came out in 2014, the first and second series preceded it. There are differences between the series.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 75th Anniv. Edition
1983 280ZX Turbo
post #36 of 38 Old 11-04-2018, 08:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
So far, so good. I have around 10k miles on them. Tread doesn't *appear* to be declining any faster than a normal all-season tire, but another 10k miles or so will give me a better idea. I'm still reminded of how utterly more capable they are every time it rains and I don't spin like mad. With minimal treadwear on the Continentals, they became what I would consider to be unsafe in the wet.

Did you get the H or V speed rating (I don't think there's a big difference)? I can get a good deal on a set of H rated from an owner of a brand new Cadillac XT5 who upgraded to 20" before taking delivery; he kept the wheels for winter tires. They have only have 5 miles! A few non-Platinum Murano owners went that way too.

post #37 of 38 Old 11-04-2018, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
I bought H rated
Freedom55 likes this.

2015 Murano SV
Cayenne Red
post #38 of 38 Old 01-14-2019, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
FYI - Just put on 4 Cooper Evolution HT tires ($175 each at Midas out the door), drives like a new car now. A little bit more road feel, Steering *slightly* heavier at 34/35 psi. Some road noise in first 20 miles. After that, very quiet. Traction very good in rain (I do have AWD, so who really knows) The SUV doesn't handle like as much of a dead whale in the corners anymore.

I had "Multi-Mile Supreme CSX" on it before, which came with the Murano when purchased. Wow. Recommend against. I had to put them at 40 psi just so I wouldn't think I was flipping over in corners going normal speed. I am not sure if the sidewalls were just cushy or what. These tires were made by Sumitomo.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: