4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 28 Old 01-12-2019, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex View Post
I don't think the rattles are coming from under the dash. It's most likely that plastic trim around the bottom of the windshield on the exterior. I have the same rattle plus about 5 more. They are all really annoying. I haven't gotten around to tackling them yet but I will once it gets warm. Nothing better then disassembling and reassembling a new car. I too haven't experienced this many rattles in any car before. Sometimes feels like I'm driving a Lego car. I am curious to know what rattles members had and how they fixed them. I know the exterior valence requires some fuzzy velcro..

Wifeís Ď16 has none. My Ď17.5 had the windshield valence when very cold and the rear hatch latch. You can try adjusting that latch position if you have a rattle coming from back there.

My Ď18 has none. Itís in the shop for a bad tire, or two, and a slight knock on the passenger front when hitting a speed bump fast.

I have owned many new cars over the last 12-15 years, so I know very well how bad new cars can be. These Muranos are way better cars than most that Iíve bought. Hondas are the worst, followed by Ford. Mazda makes a great car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 Old 01-12-2019, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Velcro did the trick on the windshield (for now, fingers crossed)... Appreciate the help, I never would have figured that out!

Seeing the power of Velcro I went into the trunk area and added a few pieces in the compartments where components/parts/doors rub and that has seemed to help. I'm cautious to do anything with the liftgate hatch as I've been one of the unlucky owners who has had the lift gate malfunction and lock up. It's been in for service 5 times for the liftgate alone, and finally seems to be fixed (for now).

Would be good if there was a running thread that included all found and treated rattles.
Robotaz likes this.
post #18 of 28 Old 01-12-2019, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Mine is pretty rattle free, maybe built on a Tuesday or Weds after Bonus week.

Drivers side Mirror is starting to have the shakes at highway speeds.
Not sure if I want to tackle that one without breaking anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 28 Old 01-12-2019, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
By no means an auto expert, but I feel like a lot of the rattles have more to do with how the vehicle absorbs the vibrations of the road vs. loose components. Zippers on a back-pack in the passenger seat will rattle like crazy, as well as a less than half empty container placed in the cup-holder(s).
user8 and Robotaz like this.
post #20 of 28 Old 01-12-2019, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My 2018 Murano developed a ďticĒ sound coming from the dash on the passenger side where it meets the console. It didnít start until last month and about 10,000 miles. I also know how it developed. Every time my wife gets in the car she slides across the seat and crashes into the console. Kind of like she throws herself into the car. When it warms up I will try and see if I can put some felt or foam where they meet to stop the noise. I have pointed it out how she slams into the console but she seems unaware. Not sure I can fix the cause.
post #21 of 28 Old 01-12-2019, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Velcro between your seat and console might fix the first one.
Not sure about the second cause.
post #22 of 28 Old 01-24-2019, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Guys, please help. This rattle is driving me insane. Ive disassembled the front panel, took off the cluster, then the cover on steering wheel (top and bottom). Did not find a single thing that could be loose. Then i took off the cover that goes around the fuse box. Nothing. My mind is going nuts what could it possibly be. Noise is coming from underneath the steering wheel when im hitting small bumps on a road. In addition to all that ive noticed that steering wheel is a bit tilted to the left (right side of steering wheel is closer to driver, left one is a bit further away)

Current temperature in Philadelphia is around 25-35 during the week.

Nissan Murano 2018

I would appreciate any advise given.

Thank you
post #23 of 28 Old 01-24-2019, 11:19 PM

2017.5 Murano dash rattle

Wrap the fuel door release lever with a tissue and see if it stops.

@Robotazky
post #24 of 28 Old 01-25-2019, 04:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
My steering wheel is slightly tilted as well. I've noticed this on many cars. I think Mercedes is best known for this practice. Nissan isnt as obvious but its there. The Rogues that I've had as loaner seemed to have it to a greater degree then my Murano. I never noticed it on the Murano until I noticed it on the Rogue and then checked mine. Not sure the reason behind this practice.
post #25 of 28 Old 01-25-2019, 09:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
Wrap the fuel door release lever with a tissue and see if it stops.

@Robotazky
Wrapping the fuel tank release pulls did not help. Seems to me that noise is coming from the area somewhere behind the airbag (that is under the steering wheel). Has anyone tried to contact the dealer regarding one of the issues that I've mentioned? My Murano is only 4000 miles and it's ridiculous how such an expensive car has so many faulty things.
post #26 of 28 Old 01-25-2019, 09:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_lev View Post
Wrapping the fuel tank release pulls did not help. Seems to me that noise is coming from the area somewhere behind the airbag (that is under the steering wheel). Has anyone tried to contact the dealer regarding one of the issues that I've mentioned? My Murano is only 4000 miles and it's ridiculous how such an expensive car has so many faulty things.
Another thing is when I turn on the heat on legs only, rattle disappears within 30-40 minutes of driving. I guess some plastic housing warms up and becomes softer and less noisy on bumps.
post #27 of 28 Old 01-25-2019, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just got my 18 Murano back from the dealership for a noise around the left side of the windshield that sounds kind of like a leaf hung on the outside and rattling. They replaced the left cowl finisher trim which was warped and tapping the windshiled when driving.
post #28 of 28 Old 01-25-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCDRAPER View Post
I just got my 18 Murano back from the dealership for a noise around the left side of the windshield that sounds kind of like a leaf hung on the outside and rattling. They replaced the left cowl finisher trim which was warped and tapping the windshiled when driving.

Thatís the piece Iíve been saying causes the rattle at the outer corner of the windshield.

@Robotazky

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: