LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-24-2018, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Need new tires '15 SV AWD

Looking at tirerack.com. Michelin is insanely priced so i'm looking at these:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...cleSearch=true

Any tips on buying from tire rack? $50 shipping??

Any good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2018, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Iíd find a shop that does it all for a comparable price and buy the Michelins. Itís basically gambling if you buy a brand and tire youíve never had before. Is it $460 + installation down the drain, then $800, or $800 once? Iíd save for the Michelins and make sure the seller has a road force balancer like the Hunter GSP9700.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Garage
I agree. The Michelin Premier LTX is a great tire on the Murano. Vastly superior ride and handling. I got rid of those factory Bridgestones with less then 3,000 miles on them.

I went with the 255/55/20 instead of factory size of 235/55/20. It gives 3/4 inch more tread on the road.

I have to pull a fast hard left from a stop and with the factory tires, they would slip and cut power to the engine and I'd be stuck creeping across with traffic barreling down on me.

Now with the new tires I don't have that problem. It now has enough grip where I can get across the intersection stepping on the gas without the engine cutting back.

Have a good day.

2017.5 Murano Platinum w/Tech package
Gun Metallic w/Glass Coat Finish
20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
Thinkware 800 Pro Front/Rear Camera
3D Maxpider Mats w/Cargo Cover & Net
Curtis Class 3 Hitch w/OEM Tow Harness
Frameless Rear View Mirror
Illuminated Kick Plates & Foot Well Lighting
Sonic Shock Sensor (Active Alarm Upgrade)
Rear Bumper European LED Lighting
Front DRL/Turn Signal LED Lighting @ Fog Light Frame
Full Underbody LED Ground Lighting
All LED Lighting
Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 Tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2018, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Sumitomo is a pretty good brand, actually. Lots of guys in my old car clubs ran various offerings from the company and had no complaints. My only tip is to find a shop first, make an appointment, and have the tires shipped directly to the shop.

2015 Murano SV
Cayenne Red
Old 01-31-2019, 12:36 PM

I have '18s on my S model and am putting Defender LTX on it. I've had these tires several times and they're the best tire I've ever had.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I will have to change my tires in next 5000 miles . Recently I got tranny changed at dealer, Mechanic there recommended me UNIROYAL tires from Michelin (not from dealership). On researching, i found out they are having pretty good reviews although not available at many places. One more option to consider!!
Old 01-31-2019, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have Cooper Evolution H/T's that I got a month ago. Already been to Florida and back, and now if sub zero weather with 6 inches of snow. So far I have been impressed.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:46 PM

Around town my Defenders are like night and day. The Continentals are not missed.

@Robotazky
PaulDay likes this.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
Around town my Defenders are like night and day. The Continentals are not missed.

@Robotazky

I have Continentals which are average and after hours of research, I may decide this Spring to upgrade to Michelin Premier LTX (quieter and softer) or Toyo Proxes ST III (Sportier, better handling). Decisions decisions...
PaulDay likes this.

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Absolutely agree Michelin is the only way to go. Have had just about every brand, and I've had none that beat Michelin. My 2017.5 came with them and has nearly 50,000 miles. Can get to 60 or 70,000 easy ( although I'll be into the summer at that point, won't take them into another winter). Awesome quiet ride, still track like they are on rails, and great wear characteristics.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 581 Post(s)
There are numerous discussions of tires on this forum if you care to search.

I like Michelins a lot, have never had a problem with them, and always enjoyed driving them, but they are by no means the only way to go. I had excellent service from Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires on my Murano, and I was not the only one.

https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/...ason-tire.html

I'm not a Uniroyal fan - had them on a Chevy Blazer in a size similar to the Murano, and they lost traction long before the tread wore down - I got rid of them.

Tire reviews at Tirerack.com and Discounttire.com will help you.

EDIT: the Sumitomos linked early in this thread have very good reviews and may be a good choice. I suggest reading the reviews and considering how your vehicle compares to the ones cited in the reviews.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 75th Anniv. Edition
1983 280ZX Turbo
Old 02-02-2019, 08:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesatch View Post
Looking at tirerack.com. Michelin is insanely priced so i'm looking at these:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...cleSearch=true

Any tips on buying from tire rack? $50 shipping??

Any good?

I wouldn't buy those junkers. Save up and get the Michelins in the 255 width. It will be worth the extra cost.

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
Old 02-03-2019, 02:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDB76 View Post
Absolutely agree Michelin is the only way to go. Have had just about every brand, and I've had none that beat Michelin. My 2017.5 came with them and has nearly 50,000 miles. Can get to 60 or 70,000 easy ( although I'll be into the summer at that point, won't take them into another winter). Awesome quiet ride, still track like they are on rails, and great wear characteristics.

I suppose you have Latitude Tour? Premier LTX are supposed to be even better and will eventually replace Latitude Tour and Latitude Tour HP but they seem to wear faster due to the soft compound. Would not be a problem for me as I do very little mileage now.

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
I suppose you have Latitude Tour? Premier LTX are supposed to be even better and will eventually replace Latitude Tour and Latitude Tour HP but they seem to wear faster due to the soft compound. Would not be a problem for me as I do very little mileage now.

I donít understand people not getting the Defenders with the very tall tread. Only reason is if twisties performance is your thing. I want utility and the Defenders are hands down the best that I know of.

@Robotazky
Old 02-03-2019, 06:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
I donít understand people not getting the Defenders with the very tall tread. Only reason is if twisties performance is your thing. I want utility and the Defenders are hands down the best that I know of.

@Robotazky

The Defender and Premier LTX have excellent reviews but are different tires. If you're happy with the Defender you should enjoy longer tread life as a bonus and possibly better traction in deep snow. Some members here found them too noisy and switched to Premier LTX. Then again the Continental and Bridgestone are not that quiet either! It all depends what each owner wants. In a better world, I want quietness, better traction and more precise steering response hence looking for top quality H or V speed rated tires.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: