User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 16 Old 02-21-2018, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Head/Fog Light Upgrade SL1 LEDS?

Good afternoon All,

So I recently decided to purchase the 2017.5 Murano SV AWD. I was wondering has anyone heard of the new SL1 LED Bulbs that are sold by Diode Dynamics? I wanted to upgrade my regular halogen bulbs for something similar to those SL1 LED Bulbs, or does anyone here recommend a set of LED, or HID?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 02-23-2018, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Lots of threads on this forum about headlight/fog light upgrades. Just have a glance at the thread topics in the 3rd gen section (where you posted this question) and you will find what you are looking for. Also a search box on this page. Good luck

2016 Nissan Murano SL AWD
Gun Metallic
Bug deflector
Roof crossbars
Cargo protector
Winter floor mats
post #3 of 16 Old 02-28-2018, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nh3518 View Post
Good afternoon All,

So I recently decided to purchase the 2017.5 Murano SV AWD. I was wondering has anyone heard of the new SL1 LED Bulbs that are sold by Diode Dynamics? I wanted to upgrade my regular halogen bulbs for something similar to those SL1 LED Bulbs, or does anyone here recommend a set of LED, or HID?
No need for HID, those LED bulbs will work wonder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 03-01-2018, 09:57 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nh3518 View Post
Good afternoon All,

Hi there, if you are looking for better visibility, I'd recommend replacing your halogen bulbs with LEDs, not HIDs, and here are the reasons why.
1. LEDs do not require any headlight mods, they are just plug and play.
2. All automotive headlights, both projector and reflecor, have to form the light beam properly by focusing the light provided by the bulb. Factory headlights are made for a specific bulb size, which means not only the socket, but also length of the bulb they require. LED bulbs feature pretty much the same length, as the halogen bulbs. HID bulbs are longer, so they do not focus right, and as a result the light is directed to blind other drivers, which is dangerous.

Now, here is another thing I want to tell you. When shopping for a LED conversion kit, make sure the kit you pick features a built-in load resistor and CAN-bus. This will prevent it from hyperflickering and will not throw that 'bulb out' error.

Here are LED conversion kits we carry for the 2017 Murano. You are welcome to contact us directly with any questions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nissan Murano
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
|
post #5 of 16 Old 03-01-2018, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
What you showed me, too many, and you lost me there. Isn't the HI/low Led H11, I see 6000 and 6500, and then I see only light bulb, doesn't the kit have some type of ballast or so

2017 Murano SL
Pearl white
post #6 of 16 Old 03-01-2018, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmar View Post
What you showed me, too many, and you lost me there. Isn't the HI/low Led H11, I see 6000 and 6500, and then I see only light bulb, doesn't the kit have some type of ballast or so
No need for ballast with LEDs, it's only for HID.
post #7 of 16 Old 03-01-2018, 03:39 PM

Ok I used the wrong wording, so what is that rectangle box where the blue socket is attached. On CARID I only say bulbs not that rectangle box. Anyone has a duggestion, I see lots of Led kits from $20. to $2xx.
So what is a reaso nable price to pay for a good led kitTIA

2017 Murano SL
Pearl white
post #8 of 16 Old 03-01-2018, 05:48 PM

Those are the CAN-bus resistors, I believe. CarID has those (from LUMEN), just look at other pictures.
I replaced my wife's halogens with LEDs in her Caddilac ATS. Paid $120 on vleds.com (the only place I could find LEDs with pure white 5K light instead of bluish light that CarID bulbs have).
post #9 of 16 Old 03-01-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypodolyan View Post
Those are the CAN-bus resistors, I believe. CarID has those (from LUMEN), just look at other pictures.
I replaced my wife's halogens with LEDs in her Caddilac ATS. Paid $120 on vleds.com (the only place I could find LEDs with pure white 5K light instead of bluish light that CarID bulbs have).
I notice they have either Hi or Low beam don't they have both or which one do you choose. tia

and what is a H11 in-line Can/bus adaptor

2017 Murano SL
Pearl white
post #10 of 16 Old 03-02-2018, 12:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
I notice they have either Hi or Low beam don't they have both or which one do you choose. tia

The Murano has separate bulbs for the high/low beams - H11 for the low beams and H9 I believe for the high beams, so if you want to switch out both you'll need to get a separate kit for both. I know there are some cheap kits out there but you want to make sure you are getting a good reliable kit whether it's LED or HID - over the years, I have bought two LED kits, each one was about $130; eventually went to HID for about $150.

Personally I recommend HID's for low beams but it's up to you. If you are changing out the high beams as well, then I'd recommend LED's because the HID's take a good fifteen seconds to get to full brightness whereas the LED's are instantaneous - and with your brights, you'd want it instantaneous.
post #11 of 16 Old 03-02-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusGavier View Post
The Murano has separate bulbs for the high/low beams - H11 for the low beams and H9 I believe for the high beams, so if you want to switch out both you'll need to get a separate kit for both. I know there are some cheap kits out there but you want to make sure you are getting a good reliable kit whether it's LED or HID - over the years, I have bought two LED kits, both were about $130; eventually went to HID for about $150.

Personally I recommend HID's for low beams but it's up to you. If you are changing out the high beams as well, then I'd recommend LED's because the HID's take a good fifteen seconds to get to full brightness whereas the LED's are instantaneous - and with your brights, you'd want it instantaneous.

Thanks for the details now it explains why they don't have high/low combined. I think for now I'll go LED Low beam, since I use mainly that and leave high Beam Halogen and eventually change it.

2017 Murano SL
Pearl white
post #12 of 16 Old 03-02-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:

Like TiberiusGavier said, Murano has separate low/high beam. My wife's ATS, luckily, uses the same ones (just opens/closes the shutters). I decided to upgrade her halogens after I saw how dim they were compared to my Murano's LEDs (I have Platinum). The one thing I don't like about the after-market LEDs I installed is the fan noise (Murano doesn't have it). You can get fanless ones but they usually have lower lumens. But you can only hear the fans when the engine is not running, i.e. only after you exit the car and the headlights are still on.
post #13 of 16 Old 03-03-2018, 07:29 AM

I will probably buy the H11 LED low beam from vleds.com, Does the Murano need the cam/bus adaptor. thanks

2017 Murano SL
Pearl white
post #14 of 16 Old 03-03-2018, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
I will probably buy the H11 LED low beam from vleds.com, Does the Murano need the cam/bus adaptor. thanks

For both of the LED kits that I once bought from Xenon Depot, the Canbus was not needed so you should be good without it
post #15 of 16 Old 03-04-2018, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I i just installed HID in my 2013. Really great result. Good beam pattern, lots of light. I used the Kensun H11B kit $53.95.......

'13 SL
Former owner:
'03 SL
'07 SE

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: