GPS firmware update - Page 2 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 56 Old 03-18-2018, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Well somewhat confusing, as I phoned Nissan when I installed the update as I was disappointed that it said 2016/2017 as the package said 2018.

They reassured me that I had the latest version which was released in September 2017.

Maybe different for different model years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 56 Old 03-18-2018, 12:59 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
This is the version of my SD card. I couldn't find any map version in the on-screen display.
Is this the right way to look for version? What's the latest version? The link shared by op doesn't say the exact version.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
post #18 of 56 Old 03-18-2018, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
This is the version of my SD card. I couldn't find any map version in the on-screen display.
Is this the right way to look for version? What's the latest version? The link shared by op doesn't say the exact version.

Go to your information section on the infotainment. It's in the section where you have yo ur weather/sports/movies.. scroll to page 2 and you can find your GPS firmware there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 56 Old 03-18-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex View Post
Go to your information section on the infotainment. It's in the section where you have yo ur weather/sports/movies.. scroll to page 2 and you can find your GPS firmware there.
Thanks. I just checked like you mentioned and my version says 14-15year. That is definitely old. I'll try to my dealer and they should give me new version free, isn't it?
I read somewhere that there's free maps support till 2020 or something, not sure if this means free updates to new maps or otherwise.

post #20 of 56 Old 03-18-2018, 02:51 PM
RCM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks. I just checked like you mentioned and my version says 14-15year. That is definitely old. I'll try to my dealer and they should give me new version free, isn't it?
I read somewhere that there's free maps support till 2020 or something, not sure if this means free updates to new maps or otherwise.

Good luck getting a dealership to give you anything for free.
Kand2010 likes this.
post #21 of 56 Old 03-18-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:

That's definitely very odd because mine is the new version and we got our cars at the same time. If i recall correctly, picked mine up March 7, 2017.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180318_145807_1521399623662.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	45977  
post #22 of 56 Old 03-18-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
That's definitely very odd because mine is the new version and we got our cars at the same time. If i recall correctly, picked mine up March 7, 2017.
Well, that is surprising. I guess we can't trust the dealers anymore. They can stick anything to the buyer. I will definitely contact the dealer and complain about it. I bought my Murano from Fremont Nissan in California in March 2017. Can you please tell me about your dealer (location) so that i can give a reference. And yours is 2017 and not 2017.5, right?
post #23 of 56 Old 03-18-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Well, that is surprising. I guess we can't trust the dealers anymore. They can stick anything to the buyer. I will definitely contact the dealer and complain about it. I bought my Murano from Fremont Nissan in California in March 2017. Can you please tell me about your dealer (location) so that i can give a reference. And yours is 2017 and not 2017.5, right?
I'm from Canada. So maybe we got it early?

Willowdale Nissan in Thornhill

It's a 2017 Platinum.
post #24 of 56 Old 03-18-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I'm from Canada. So maybe we got it early?

Willowdale Nissan in Thornhill

It's a 2017 Platinum.
Good to know that you are from Canada. Ironically, I am also moving to Ottawa, Canada next month (work related). If the dealer doesn't entertain me then I will buy myself. Just want to know if it is worth moving from map version 14-15YEAR to version 16-17YEAR.
Someone in this thread mentioned that it updated the firmware and improved backup camera. Does the navigation version also update all these things?
post #25 of 56 Old 04-01-2018, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Updated with the 16/17 SD this weekend. Went pretty smooth, takes about 15-20 mins.

Have not tested it on a trip yet, but can tell the camera field of view is wider.

It shows the chrome piece by the tailgate on the rear bumper now, did not notice that before.
Seems to extend the view farther out also.

The Logo screen seems faster to go away.

Not sure it’s worth the $140, but will keep checking for other changes.
post #26 of 56 Old 04-03-2018, 12:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Take a picture of the camera view. Id like to compare and see how it changed.

Kinda disappointed in the quality fo that rear camera, though. My sisters base model Honda CRV has a super sharp back up camera (albeit with a smaller screen).
post #27 of 56 Old 04-03-2018, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltimaNEO View Post
Take a picture of the camera view. Id like to compare and see how it changed.

Kinda disappointed in the quality fo that rear camera, though. My sisters base model Honda CRV has a super sharp back up camera (albeit with a smaller screen).
I had a 2014 Toyota Tacoma that had a way better back up camera. I was a lot clearer and more field of vision. The screen was smaller but the Murano uses a split screen so the back up view is actually smaller and way less clear.
post #28 of 56 Old 04-13-2018, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I needed an update and just ordered one.

While checking out at the $109 price, I noticed there was a 'apply promo' box so I too a chance and typed in shipfree or freeshipping (sorry - embarrassed I can't remember) and hit enter. Much to my surprise shipping was deducted.

Shipping is only $3.95 so it is not big - but I felt like I was sticking to the man for my overpriced nav update so I felt really good. ;-)

2015 Murano SL w/Tech Package
Cayenne Red w/Beige
post #29 of 56 Old 04-14-2018, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 305 Post(s)
The nav updates are definitely overpriced. I still have 2 Garmins that have free updates for life. I just updated both at no cost to me. The entire Garmin unit only cost what a nav upgrade costs for the Murano. I'm going to try the nav out on my next trip. If I don't like it, I'll probably just stick with a Garmin.

It's ironic that you buy a $45,000 vehicle and they charge $109 for a nav update.
Westydan and noizdog like this.

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
post #30 of 56 Old 04-17-2018, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Got me a letter in the mail a couple days ago about the update. I just got done ordering the update for the nav. Seems like a fairly good deal for $109. So will look at it closer when I get it in.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: