GPS firmware update - Page 4 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #46 of 56 Old 01-08-2019, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Also, does anyone know if the new maps version updates your head unit software as well? I noticed the 2019 has nice graphics on the screen, especially satellite radio. Also seems like rhe map is more detailed and runs smoother. This is just from a quick video I saw online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 56 Old 02-17-2019, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ypodolyan View Post
I find navigation in Murano useless. I need navigation most of the time for avoiding traffic, not to find the way to the destination. SiriusXM traffic is (if you buy it) only providing traffic for major highways and not for local roads, so it can just select which way is faster among highway driving even when taking local roads is faster. So, I use my phone with Google navigation mostly.

In addition, Murano's navigation is annoying when driving on the highway. It tells you to stay on the highway at almost every exit interrupting my music/phone call every minute.
You can change the number and type of notifications in the settings.
post #48 of 56 Old 02-22-2019, 11:09 AM

Just finished my update, I have a 2015 platinum, didn't notice any change in sound quality or radio functions. Started car, removed old card, inserted new card and update started. When finished was instructed to restart car.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
fortesquieu likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 56 Old 02-22-2019, 01:05 PM

I'm wondering if the navigation update also updates the headset homescreen? Or is it just a map update? I noticed the 2019 Murano had a slicker looking navigation and screen icons/colours.
post #50 of 56 Old 02-22-2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex View Post
I'm wondering if the navigation update also updates the headset homescreen? Or is it just a map update? I noticed the 2019 Murano had a slicker looking navigation and screen icons/colours.
Everything looked the same to me, I don't think the update goes that deep into the system.

post #51 of 56 Old 02-23-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepjunkie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex View Post
Everything looked the same to me, I don't think the update goes that deep into the system.

Thanks
post #52 of 56 Old 02-25-2019, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I think the newer Muranos have a newer head unit with updated hardware and software. All the fancy new graphics dont trickle down to older version, unfortunately. Nissan is still stuck in its old ways. Would be cool if Nissan would just let you update the software regularly via a download or something, like you do with your phones apps.
post #53 of 56 Old 03-05-2019, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepjunkie View Post
Just finished my update, I have a 2015 platinum, didn't notice any change in sound quality or radio functions. Started car, removed old card, inserted new card and update started. When finished was instructed to restart car.

Hello, how much did you have to pay for the update?

Does it improve the interface of the system?
post #54 of 56 Old 03-05-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortesquieu View Post
Hello, how much did you have to pay for the update?

Does it improve the interface of the system?
It was $122 with shipping, I know it seems a lot but the one for my grand cherokee was $300 (I didn't do that one) and I didn't notice any differences anywhere, same old stuff.

fortesquieu and PaulDay like this.
post #55 of 56 Old 05-15-2019, 12:01 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Question for any tech savy members, can one purchase this update, burn it, and reuse it with a friends car or re-sell it for less. Seems like you should be able to, but I'm sure the manufacturer has thought of safe guards to prevent this. GARMIN offers free lifetime updates once you purchase a GPS of theirs, and with Android and Iphone being able to use Google Maps and such, I don't see why anyone would want to pay more that $25 for a factory update. IMHO.
post #56 of 56 Old 05-15-2019, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k16murano View Post
Question for any tech savy members, can one purchase this update, burn it, and reuse it with a friends car or re-sell it for less. Seems like you should be able to, but I'm sure the manufacturer has thought of safe guards to prevent this. GARMIN offers free lifetime updates once you purchase a GPS of theirs, and with Android and Iphone being able to use Google Maps and such, I don't see why anyone would want to pay more that $25 for a factory update. IMHO.
Purchase requirement is the radio's serial #. Update is tied to serial # with 16 bit pass code generated with said serial #, requiring entry during update.

Yes, the price may be a little up there, but pirating software is not the answer. You might be too young to remember the rabid pirating software fiasco in the late 80's & early 90's, which quite literally destroyed several early software companies.

All the companies you listed make their money by selling ads, which involves tracking (Phrase it anyway you want, I call it spying.), and pushing ads out to you, which uses up your bandwidth and slows your system down dealing with them.

I try to avoid using these products just for the above reasons. I also use "Hostsman", which uses IP addressing (The heart of the Internet transport system.) to dump know ad server IP addresses into the computer garbage pail before they are even downloaded and displayed, along with tracking requests. For instance, on Nissanmurano.org, I do not see one ad. Have many are there? I don't know.

Have a good day.
MuranoSL2003 likes this.

2017.5 Murano Platinum w/Tech package
Gun Metallic w/Glass Coat Finish
20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
Thinkware 800 Pro Front/Rear Camera
3D Maxpider Mats w/Cargo Cover & Net
Curtis Class 3 Hitch w/OEM Tow Harness
Frameless Rear View Mirror
Illuminated Kick Plates & Foot Well Lighting
Sonic Shock Sensor (Active Alarm Upgrade)
Rear Bumper European LED Lighting
Front DRL/Turn Signal LED Lighting @ Fog Light Frame
Full Underbody LED Ground Lighting
All LED Lighting
Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 Tires

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: