• 2 Post By R1ch

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 14 Old 03-20-2018, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
End lease Return

Has anyone gone through the end lease return process with Nissan? I know the process of a few other brands but this is my first Nissan lease product.

The pre-return inspection is handled with an independent company which performs their own scheduling but how far ahead does one need to have that same pre-return inspection done by (ex: 1, 2 ,3 months before lease maturity) ??

Thanks!

NVM: Found the answer well hidden inside the Nissan account affairs.... for reference inspection needs to be done up until 1 month before lease return date.

Current: Volvo S90 Inscription

GONE: 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD Pearl White on Graphite Leather, Technology Package, Phillips LED Fog Lights, Husky Liner Complete Protection Package, Aluminum Bumper Liner

Last edited by R1ch; 03-20-2018 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Found my own answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-22-2018, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Balbasaur
BUT not a worry if your miles are low and you want to buy for the pre-determined amount of about 23k for a 40k purchase, right?

'15 Arctic Ice SL Techy
post #3 of 14 Old 03-23-2018, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balbasaur View Post
BUT not a worry if your miles are low and you want to buy for the pre-determined amount of about 23k for a 40k purchase, right?
If you are planning to buy at lease end then this inspection is not relevant since Nissan does not care.

Me personally I am not keeping the car, I'm ready for something different.

GONE: 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD Pearl White on Graphite Leather, Technology Package, Phillips LED Fog Lights, Husky Liner Complete Protection Package, Aluminum Bumper Liner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 03-24-2018, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ch View Post
If you are planning to buy at lease end then this inspection is not relevant since Nissan does not care.

Me personally I am not keeping the car, I'm ready for something different.
Let us know how badly they gouge you for wear and tear. That's my fear with a lease.

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
post #5 of 14 Old 03-24-2018, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
Let us know how badly they gouge you for wear and tear. That's my fear with a lease.
If you're performing the recommended maintenance and are careful with the car you shouldn't have any surprises.

post #6 of 14 Old 03-26-2018, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
If you're planning to lease another nissan before your lease is due, there is no need to take the car for inspection. This is my second nissan lease, and when I turned in my rogue for a murano (still had 6 payments left on the rogue) they paid no mind to the damages on the rogue and got rid of the remaining payments. Nissan is pretty easy to deal with on leases. My previous vehicles were VWs and they were a bit more strict, but as long as you are planning to stick to the brand you can bring the car in before the lease end and they won't even look at the car, granted is not crashed lol
Balbasaur likes this.
post #7 of 14 Old 03-29-2018, 03:15 PM
AVL

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasl46 View Post
If you're planning to lease another nissan before your lease is due, there is no need to take the car for inspection. This is my second nissan lease, and when I turned in my rogue for a murano (still had 6 payments left on the rogue) they paid no mind to the damages on the rogue and got rid of the remaining payments. Nissan is pretty easy to deal with on leases. My previous vehicles were VWs and they were a bit more strict, but as long as you are planning to stick to the brand you can bring the car in before the lease end and they won't even look at the car, granted is not crashed lol
Good to know. I'm probably more than likely going to lease another Murano unless something comes out that really offers good value for cost.
post #8 of 14 Old 04-03-2018, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Been leasing MO for 8 years now and if you release they will go easy on you. Their cars hold good residual value and that's why they don't have to be too nit picky.

2017.5 SL (Hers)
2016 Platinum
2014 Platinum
2011 Murano LE with Nav
2009 Murano SlL (Hers)
post #9 of 14 Old 04-03-2018, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm on my 3rd Nissan lease (2012 Altima Coupe, 2015 Altima 3.5s, 2017 Murano Platinum) and I didn't get hit with anything on my first car but on my second car they charged $250 for a "large dent" (which was waived because I released). The kicker was that there wasn't a dent! I think the inspectors have to find something every now and then. It didn't matter but it still made me a little mad because it was a flat out lie. That said, I did have a few other things wrong, curb rash on the bumper and some scratches on the wheels. Maybe it was just easier for him to write up a dent and be on his way.

I digress, I haven't had any big issues with returns to them. I know they are a lot more lenient if you're re-leasing. If you take good care of your car, do your maintenance & throw a cheap set of tires on it you'll be good to go. I wouldn't worry too much.
post #10 of 14 Old 04-13-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin.84 View Post
I'm on my 3rd Nissan lease (2012 Altima Coupe, 2015 Altima 3.5s, 2017 Murano Platinum) and I didn't get hit with anything on my first car but on my second car they charged $250 for a "large dent" (which was waived because I released). The kicker was that there wasn't a dent! I think the inspectors have to find something every now and then. It didn't matter but it still made me a little mad because it was a flat out lie. That said, I did have a few other things wrong, curb rash on the bumper and some scratches on the wheels. Maybe it was just easier for him to write up a dent and be on his way.

I digress, I haven't had any big issues with returns to them. I know they are a lot more lenient if you're re-leasing. If you take good care of your car, do your maintenance & throw a cheap set of tires on it you'll be good to go. I wouldn't worry too much.
I honestly never spent money on tires for a leased vehicle (unless they were beyond repair). I guess like most of you said, if your getting a new lease they won't mind.
post #11 of 14 Old 04-14-2018, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I honestly never spent money on tires for a leased vehicle (unless they were beyond repair). I guess like most of you said, if your getting a new lease they won't mind.
Jumping ship to this, so just want a smooth experience leaving Nissan behind.

KBrian and nicolasl46 like this.

post #12 of 14 Old 04-14-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:

I spent over an hour in it, at NY Auto show, I love this car. Most likely to go with it next year when my lease is over.
It is just so much easier to go Nissan to Nissan. I'm on my 6th Nissan lease and I always had Nissan's before I started leasing, but I don't think they will come out with anything new by next year. Good luck with the Volvo, give some insides on it when you get it.
post #13 of 14 Old 04-14-2018, 02:32 PM

My son just took delivery of the new 2019 Volvo XC40. Very impressive!

Dan
Westborough, MA
2017.5 Murano Platinum - AWD - Artic Blue Metallic
2019 Toyota Highlander XLE
post #14 of 14 Old 08-06-2018, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:

Im jealous...very jealous, xc40 is going to be a great car for you, and if it wasnt for 20%+ off msrp on another Mo, I'd be planning on one as well

--------------
RVelle

Now in my driveway:
'15 Murano Plat AWD w/ Tech Package (Pearl White, Int: Cashmere)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Traded In:
'12 Murano SL AWD (Pearl White, Int: Beige)

Nissan Graveyard (Oct 2012):
'10 Murano SL AWD (Tinted Bronze, Int: Beige)
Premium, Leather, 360 Packages

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: