Forward Collision Warning fails - Page 3 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #31 of 72 Old 07-19-2018, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Part came in. Sitting at the dealership now waiting on my 2018 Murano Midnight Edition (5 hours so far). Hope this sensor works and I have no more problems. I have seen online that this has been an issue ever since Nissan started putting these sensors on all of their models. Looks like they could have the problem solved before now. I just hope this new sensor doesnít start shutting off again in a few months like the first one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 72 Old 07-20-2018, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
UPDATE AGAIN...After three days at the dealership my sensor replacement arrived and was replaced. I am planning to drive a few places this weekend and see how it does.
post #33 of 72 Old 07-23-2018, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
2018 is Murano with 4,385 miles. Car was purchased in February 2018. Started having the same problem around 3, 000 miles. Dealer has been notified. Having it checked out tomorrow along with my first oil change. When notified of the problem with the radar sensor the service writer seemed to be familiar with the problem. Expecting to hear the same story about back order. Will update later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 72 Old 07-24-2018, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I was able to drive about 70 miles this past weekend. So far the new, replacement sensor is working as it is designed. I now have about 4600 miles on the clock. I think the next few thousand miles will tell the tell if this is corrected or if it will happen again. My first experience with the failure wasn't until a few thousand miles originally.
post #35 of 72 Old 08-03-2018, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Just got back from the dealership and no replacement but just a clean of the sensor. So far on the drive home nothing popped up.

They sent me home with these documents attached below

If the Unavailable Front Radar alert comes on again, I will try another dealership and see what they say and do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	47540   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	47542   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	47544   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	47546   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	47548  

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	47550   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	47552  
post #36 of 72 Old 08-15-2018, 09:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had same question for 2 months, and just made 3rd trip to dealer. Dealer suppose to replace the faulty sensor this time, however, they said the swapped sensor is faulty too. And they placed an order for another replacement. This radar is in backorder, that I might have to wait 2-3 months!
post #37 of 72 Old 12-21-2018, 10:02 PM

We just got our new 2018 Murano SL couple weeks ago, and just had this pop up...basically the front collision warning light comes on, and which makes the cruise not work either. Took it to dealer today, they gave us a Versa to use as long as ours was in the shop, they said it wasnít the first time theyíve seen this, they worked on it all day, said it was throwing out several codes, and the tech couldnít figure out what was going on, and sent all the info they got from the computer to Nissan. The dealer tech, seems to think it may have to do with the wiring, but we shall see, and post an update ASAP.
post #38 of 72 Old 12-21-2018, 10:25 PM

I am having the same issue. System will turn OFF by itself, or activate by itself when there is no reason for it to. False alarm.

There is a news article about it if you search NISSAN AEB MALFUNCTION. It's affecting the Sentra and likely other models like the Murano. Mine has fully activated because it thought a metallic object on the ground was an obstruction. It is terrifying to be honest.

I will be going in for a third repair in a few weeks. Contact NISSAN and maybe if enough people contact them, they will actually fix it sooner than later. According to the dealer, the issue is the sensor itself, but Nissan has no fix at the moment.

I will let you guys know if my dealer manages to fix it somehow.
post #39 of 72 Old 01-10-2019, 11:06 AM

Total scam

Add me to the list of NISSAN AEB MALFUNCTION victims. Light has been going on and off for almost a year. Own a 2015 Murano SV and the dealer was prepping me that it wasn't going to be covered under the warranty even before inspecting it. Sure enough, the sensor is off 2 degrees, which is greater than the 1 degree which the the max where it will be covered. The dealer said they have been seeing this quite often with Muranos and that something as simple as hitting a speed bump or pothole could cause this. (If this is true, that is horrible engineering).

Opened a case with Nissan Consumer Affairs. They called this morning and said they were NOT going to help with the repair ($1600). Mentioned that there was damage to the bumper (which is a complete lie).

Long story short, I will never buy a Nissan again.
post #40 of 72 Old 01-10-2019, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Had the same problem on my 18 after 4k miles. Waited 1.5 months for part to come in. After dealer replaced it, it has been working fine for 2 months now.
post #41 of 72 Old 01-10-2019, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
In early 2017, I was driving at night on Intelligent Cruise Control. The weather was clear, no rain, fog or other anomalies that I could observe. I took the exit ramp which I have taken numerous times to go home (regular route from the gym to home). There were no cars in front of me, next to me or around me (around 12:00 AM). Suddenly, I heard two beeps and the cruise control disengaged. A bit perplexed as I use the ICC on the freeways all the time and never had such an occurrence. Two nights later the same event unrolled approximately the same time and at the same exit ramp. I took the car to the dealer the next day and described the situation. After a thorough inspection of the system, it was declared good and no issue was discovered. The situation never occurred since.

I can only attribute the two occurrences to either the "Over Intelligence" of the system or paranormal activities on that particular exit ramp on those two nights.....

P.M

2015 MO Silver SL AWD with Tech PKG......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #42 of 72 Old 01-10-2019, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Maxxx View Post
In early 2017, I was driving at night on Intelligent Cruise Control. The weather was clear, no rain, fog or other anomalies that I could observe. I took the exit ramp which I have taken numerous times to go home (regular route from the gym to home). There were no cars in front of me, next to me or around me (around 12:00 AM). Suddenly, I heard two beeps and the cruise control disengaged. A bit perplexed as I use the ICC on the freeways all the time and never had such an occurrence. Two nights later the same event unrolled approximately the same time and at the same exit ramp. I took the car to the dealer the next day and described the situation. After a thorough inspection of the system, it was declared good and no issue was discovered. The situation never occurred since.

I can only attribute the two occurrences to either the "Over Intelligence" of the system or paranormal activities on that particular exit ramp on those two nights.....
Or they actually did something and didn't tell ya. Why I don't know. Just throwing that out there as another option.

Always Smell it First.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'15 Murano SL, Black and Black w/Tech.
post #43 of 72 Old 01-18-2019, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Add me to the list of frustrated owners that are having this issue. My wife and I were driving our new 18 Murano SL home the other night and we got the malfunction warning twice. It is now back at the dealership and I've been told it is not throwing any codes so they can't (or won't) do anything about it. They are aware of the common problem but refuse to replace what is needed to fix the issue until it throws a code. They are keeping it and will test drive it hoping for a an issue that will throw the code. This is beyond frustrating. Nissan and the dealer both know about the problem but refuse to fix it. A recall needs to happen and Nissan needs to stand behind this. Anyone know a good lawyer looking to tackle Nissan?
post #44 of 72 Old 01-18-2019, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Youíre seriously thinking of paying an attorney more than the sensor costs just to sue Nissan? You donít think thatís a bit of an overreaction?

If I read your comment correctly, it indicated twice that it was experiencing an issue, but it didnít throw a code. Mine has done that because of rain, leaves, and snow and it works fine. Are you sure there was nothing on it?
post #45 of 72 Old 01-18-2019, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I checked and there is absolutely nothing on the sensor. In fact, I stopped and checked when it happened the first time and also when I got home after it happened the second time. The dealership acted like mine was not the first one they experienced that acted like this. They are very aware of the problem and they know how to fix it, but according to them Nissan won't warranty the faulty part until the computer identifies an error code. Of course hiring an attorney is an overreaction but what is a new owner supposed to do. Nissan know what's wrong and refuses to replace the part. The dealership knows what's wrong but refuses to replace the part. I wonder how many thousands of these faulty sensors are out there. This is my first Nissan. Is this what I have to look forward to from here on? What happened to customer support?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: