8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 16 Old 05-18-2018, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
Goodbye Murano

I moved on from my 2015 Murano, although it was a reliable trooper. Nissan cut too many corners which made me a bit biter about it.

I still have a 2016 Rogue SV which I can drive during the more inclement weather so this was the right time to move on onto something else.

The day I picked the Murano years ago but looked exactly the same when I returned it (except it was properly washed and waxed).

The replacement: 2018 Volvo S90 T6 Inscription (with everything).

I did briefly consider the XC60/90 but the S90 was just a more sensible financial decision since those are the "hot models".

The S90 sedan is not selling well as the SUVs counterparts so with that Volvo and the dealers more receptive to bigger discounts (can you say huge?). Also in the long run it also means I will be able to jump into either a XC60 or XC90 when the time is right with a further brand loyalty discount.

Initial impressions on the Volvo brand in contrast with the Nissan? What a positive jump!!
KBrian and 03S2000 like this.

Current: Volvo S90 Inscription

GONE: 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD Pearl White on Graphite Leather, Technology Package, Phillips LED Fog Lights, Husky Liner Complete Protection Package, Aluminum Bumper Liner

Last edited by R1ch; 05-18-2018 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-18-2018, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
nice car, hope you enjoy it....

but to be fair, comparing the Murano and the Volvo, is like comparing apples and oranges....

I did the same, I compared the Murano against my Mercedes, and it drove me nuts, once I stopped comparing, the Murano grew on me, it's still does not meet the level of the Mercedes, but I don't do that comparison and it makes you appreciate the Murano for what it is....

Again congrats on the new Volvo....

2015 Murano Platinum Pearl White AWD
post #3 of 16 Old 05-18-2018, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GateKeper View Post
nice car, hope you enjoy it....

but to be fair, comparing the Murano and the Volvo, is like comparing apples and oranges....

I did the same, I compared the Murano against my Mercedes, and it drove me nuts, once I stopped comparing, the Murano grew on me, it's still does not meet the level of the Mercedes, but I don't do that comparison and it makes you appreciate the Murano for what it is....

Again congrats on the new Volvo....

Thanks!!

I do realize they are total different platforms, so I wasn't really trying to compare the two specifically but more so the brand itselt.

I've owned several Nissan products (2 Muranos, 1 Maxima, 1 Rogue and even an Infiniti FX), I guess I became comfortable and at the same time stagnated with it. I think that made me crave for something totally different hence why I moved on from branding.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GONE: 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD Pearl White on Graphite Leather, Technology Package, Phillips LED Fog Lights, Husky Liner Complete Protection Package, Aluminum Bumper Liner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 05-18-2018, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Nice car, this is considered a luxury car.

I see you like white
R1ch likes this.

2015 Nissan Murano SV ( Custom MODS )
- Illuminated kick plate (non OEM added)
- RGB Foot well lightning (multiple colors)
- RGB compartment light (follows foot well lighning and color)
- LED DTRL on fog frame
- Cup Holder LED lightning
- Android head unit
- Custom leather seat cover (red accent)
- Custom floor mat
- superbright LED Dom light
- SGNL superbright 55W 6000K headlight
- Kenwood powered 150W subwoofer
- Kenwood 600W amp
-LED turn signal
-Accent LED lightning
post #5 of 16 Old 05-18-2018, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I have a Volvo S60, I am a fairly good mechanic, and that car is nickel + diming me into madness. To wit:

One of the wheel lug studs is stripped, but the studs are built-in the hub, which means than to replace a $4 stud I have a buy a whole hub for $180
The sunroom drain system is an octopus of pipes, elbows and different-sized adapters which are always coming lose and flooding the car. I'm not the only one with the problem, owners are threatening to bring a class-action lawsuit
Erratic and bizarre electrical issues (not related to flooding), like the temperature showing -48 degrees when the ambient temperature is 80, so the AC refuses to kick in.
CD Changer loves to lock up and refuse to spit out up rare CD's like my bootleg "Blade Runner Soundtrack" while leaving my wife's Gwen Stephanie Hollaback Girl unscathed
Sunroof's headliner decided to come unglued and drop in my head while driving. In rush hour. In Atlanta. On a Friday afternoon.

I would never own a Volvo again. Well, maybe, if the only other car choice was a Pontiac Aztek
Free_falling and R1ch like this.
post #6 of 16 Old 05-18-2018, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlopez View Post
I have a Volvo S60, I am a fairly good mechanic, and that car is nickel + diming me into madness. To wit:

One of the wheel lug studs is stripped, but the studs are built-in the hub, which means than to replace a $4 stud I have a buy a whole hub for $180
The sunroom drain system is an octopus of pipes, elbows and different-sized adapters which are always coming lose and flooding the car. I'm not the only one with the problem, owners are threatening to bring a class-action lawsuit
Erratic and bizarre electrical issues (not related to flooding), like the temperature showing -48 degrees when the ambient temperature is 80, so the AC refuses to kick in.
CD Changer loves to lock up and refuse to spit out up rare CD's like my bootleg "Blade Runner Soundtrack" while leaving my wife's Gwen Stephanie Hollaback Girl unscathed
Sunroof's headliner decided to come unglued and drop in my head while driving. In rush hour. In Atlanta. On a Friday afternoon.

I would never own a Volvo again. Well, maybe, if the only other car choice was a Pontiac Aztek
The Gwen Stefani portion was pretty funny.

This is a lease with all of the maintenance included and it will be in warranty the whole period so I'm not worried about it.

Sanlopez likes this.

post #7 of 16 Old 05-18-2018, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Sharp ride. Supposedly these Volvo are made in China. is there any truth to this?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...tches-out-news
post #8 of 16 Old 05-18-2018, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesatch View Post
Sharp ride. Supposedly these Volvo are made in China. is there any truth to this?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...tches-out-news
That is correct, all of >2018MY S90s are now built in China.

Volvo is building a very large plant in Charleston and I wouldn't be surprised if eventually they moved production there.

post #9 of 16 Old 05-18-2018, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Why would you post anything about a Volvo on a Nissan Murano forum? I think you are having buyers remorse and trying to get all of us to convince you that you made the correct choice. I, for one, am not impressed.

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
post #10 of 16 Old 05-18-2018, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
Why would you post anything about a Volvo on a Nissan Murano forum? I think you are having buyers remorse and trying to get all of us to convince you that you made the correct choice. I, for one, am not impressed.
That's exactly what it is

post #11 of 16 Old 05-18-2018, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Sharp looking The Volvo’s have come a long way I’m definitely going to check out those SUVs when I say bye bye to my MO Good luck and enjoy that ride!

2014 LE Platinum Pearl White
Nissan LED DRL
Illuminated Kickplates
Mobil 1
Maxpider 3D Floor Liners
Beat-Sonic Sharkfin Antenna
LED Reverse,Parking,Interior Bulbs
Hoen Endurance Fogs
Chrome Signal Bulbs
20% Tint Front Windows
Michelin Premier LTX 255/50/20
2009 LE (Gone but not forgotten)
post #12 of 16 Old 05-19-2018, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
A Volvo Owner

I have a 2013 S60 T5 and I love it. 50,000 trouble free miles. Loving my Murano also.

2017.5 Pearl White AWD Platinum with Technology Package
post #13 of 16 Old 05-28-2018, 12:54 PM
AVL

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
When my MO lease is up I really want to check out the XC60 (the XC90 is way out of my price range). But even the XC60 is too expensive with the options I'd want.

I am really picky and feel a luxury brand would meet those needs but the budget doesn't extend that far. The MO has been good for the most part. Probably just lease another as long as they give it a bit of a refresh.
post #14 of 16 Old 05-28-2018, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ch View Post
I moved on from my 2015 Murano, although it was a reliable trooper. Nissan cut too many corners which made me a bit biter about it.

I still have a 2016 Rogue SV which I can drive during the more inclement weather so this was the right time to move on onto something else.

The day I picked the Murano years ago but looked exactly the same when I returned it (except it was properly washed and waxed).

The replacement: 2018 Volvo S90 T6 Inscription (with everything).

I did briefly consider the XC60/90 but the S90 was just a more sensible financial decision since those are the "hot models".

The S90 sedan is not selling well as the SUVs counterparts so with that Volvo and the dealers more receptive to bigger discounts (can you say huge?). Also in the long run it also means I will be able to jump into either a XC60 or XC90 when the time is right with a further brand loyalty discount.

Initial impressions on the Volvo brand in contrast with the Nissan? What a positive jump!!
Does your S90 have the optional rear air suspension?

How comfortable is the ride with the 40 series tires?

How comfortable are the seats?

What is your city/highway/average fuel economy?
post #15 of 16 Old 05-30-2018, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I also switched over to a 2018 Volvo (XC60 AWD T5 Inscription - Polestar) loaded and white.

While we loved out 2015 Murano AWD Platinum (fully loaded with all accessories).
It had too many issues.
Passenger door was replaced because the leather became unglued from the panel.
Driver side front Wheel bearing failed.
ABS Actuator (Recall)
1/2 inch of water on the driver side (car was on an angle) $3500 in replacement parts/work with the complements of Nissan - Issue caused by the driver side hose disconnecting from the sunroof drain.
All 4 rotors replaced - warped
Steering fluid leak - I have to add a little bit every other month (Tech's fix - give client a free bottle of fluid and let him add as necessary).
Seat cooling fans replaced once and are loud again.
Passenger airbag requires passenger to get out and sit again to activate (Tech fixed it, they say - but still happens once in a while).
Brake Pedal squeaks when hot outside.
and to top it off (only one not Nissan's fault) my wife rear-ended someone that started going then decided to stop instead) 1 new bumper, right headlight, right fog light and crome trim and windshield fluid reservoir.

Whit all this we still considered buying another Murano but I didn't like the fact that it wouldn't have the Direct Injected 3.5 V6 from the Pathfinder.
R1ch likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: