12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 37 Old 06-21-2018, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
What I don't understand among other things, is why the Rogue is available with ProPilot Assist but not the Murano...That doesn't mean I would buy a Rogue but normally this feature is found on higher end models. It seems Nissan is offering new technology on the Rogue first then later on the Murano. The foot operated tailgate is another example, first available on the Rogue.

The Rogue is the best selling SUV/crossover in my area but that doesn't mean it's the best. It's outselling long time favorites like Escape, RAV4, CRV. Car experts put it in lower tier of the group. Not as fast as a CRV turbo, not handling as well as a CX5, not as reliable or spacious as a RAV4 but nice packaging and options with reasonable prices. It's also available in orange
I'd say, undoubtedly, it's because of what you said in paragraph 2. It's their high volume seller. Of course they're going to throw new tech at it first. Just a thought.

2015 Murano SV
Cayenne Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 37 Old 06-21-2018, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Rogue is #1 or #2 seller in the US. Something like 37,000+ a month. Hard to believe.
post #18 of 37 Old 06-21-2018, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
Rogue is #1 or #2 seller in the US. Something like 37,000+ a month. Hard to believe.
It is cheap and it looks good on the outside.

2015 Nissan Murano SV ( Custom MODS )
- Illuminated kick plate (non OEM added)
- RGB Foot well lightning (multiple colors)
- RGB compartment light (follows foot well lighning and color)
- LED DTRL on fog frame
- Cup Holder LED lightning
- Android head unit
- Custom leather seat cover (red accent)
- Custom floor mat
- superbright LED Dom light
- SGNL superbright 55W 6000K headlight
- Kenwood powered 150W subwoofer
- Kenwood 600W amp
-LED turn signal
-Accent LED lightning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 37 Old 06-22-2018, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
I had both a 2015 Murano Platinum and still have a very well optioned 2016 Rogue SV (father's car, he is 81y/o) which is a lease that is coming to an end very soon.The two are of no comparison to each other nor should they be since they are in different categories and serve different purposes.

The Rogue works perfect for my elderly father for many reasons..... it sits up slightly, easy to get into/out of, plenty of "get up and go" for appointment/ store runs, very comfortable seats, AWD for winter driving, nice power trunk, not terrible on gas and it's quite a bit cheaper to get into than the Murano because most dealers sell it in volume.I got his 3yr/36K mile Rogue lease for $199 all inclusive (zero money down, with NYS taxes/fees, no trade in) back in 2016. His is an 2016 Rogue SV AWD with tech package, panorarmic sunroof and a premium color... and he's sported 6K miles in his 34 month lease.

Can you get an equally optioned Murano for that figure? Sure if you put a large amount of down payment.

In contrast my father finds it much easier to get in/out of the Rogue than the Murano.The Rogue is an appliance AKA "people mover" and it works perfectly for that purpose.I totally agree the Rogue is loud/unrefined with a lot cost saving measures.

When I first opened the hood I thought it had a lawn mower engine in it because that's what it sounds like, then again my father doesn't care about that, as long as it gets him reliably from point A to B.

Do you really see people looking at buying a Rogue and say any of these statements: "Can't wait to take this to the canyons", "this must smoke people in 0-60", "it's the most quiet ride I've had"?

There is a reason the Nissan Rogue outsells the Murano by a quite a wide margin in the US and that is because not everyone that buys a Rogue is looking for the Murano premium experience (quieter, smoother, nicer, etc).

Current: Volvo S90 Inscription

GONE: 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD Pearl White on Graphite Leather, Technology Package, Phillips LED Fog Lights, Husky Liner Complete Protection Package, Aluminum Bumper Liner

Last edited by R1ch; 06-22-2018 at 12:03 PM. Reason: spelling
post #20 of 37 Old 06-22-2018, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
I actually like the look of the Rogue, it reminds me of my 2012 Murano. But Nissan could do so much more with it. But to do those things would up the price. And I admit, it's a price point car. Most people could give a rat's patootey about their cars, and they care for them the same way. So a $25,000 Rogue makes more sense to them than a $45,000 Murano.

With a little better engine, I think it would make a nice 2nd car to the Murano.
R1ch and Freedom55 like this.

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
post #21 of 37 Old 06-22-2018, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
The flat "D" shaped bottom steering wheel makes you think you're driving a German sport sedan!? I could not see the use of this in my Rogue loaner a few months ago; perhaps with a manual transmission your knee is not hitting the steering wheel when you let go the clutch pedal?

Could be worse with the new Kicks, 125HP FWD only

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
post #22 of 37 Old 06-22-2018, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The flat "D" shaped bottom steering wheel makes you think you're driving a German sport sedan!? I could not see the use of this in my Rogue loaner a few months ago; perhaps with a manual transmission your knee is not hitting the steering wheel when you let go the clutch pedal?

Could be worse with the new Kicks, 125HP FWD only

The Rogue Sport (Qashqai) is pretty anemic, too.
Freedom55 likes this.

post #23 of 37 Old 06-23-2018, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
The Rogue Sport (Qashqai) is pretty anemic, too.

That's why my wife has no intention to trade in her 188HP AWD Juke for one of the other newer Nissan models until they put a more powerful engine! Her 2015 Juke is only a little slower than my Murano, but faster to 60 mph than the old 200HP Tiguan. She also had a Rogue as a loaner and complained about the lack of power despite being more comfortable than her diminutive Juke...All this to say we prefer our own vehicles

Canadian 2017.5 Pearl White SV w/Driver Assistance Package replaced '14 SL Pearl White. Cargo net. Cargo protector (home made with carpet). Nissan black rubber floor mats. SS rear bumper protector. Draw Tite hitch. Blind zone mirrors. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers. Spoiler under front bumper removed. H11 to H9 low beam conversion. Nissan polished SS rear license frame.
post #24 of 37 Old 06-23-2018, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
What I don't understand among other things, is why the Rogue is available with ProPilot Assist but not the Murano...That doesn't mean I would buy a Rogue but normally this feature is found on higher end models. It seems Nissan is offering new technology on the Rogue first then later on the Murano. The foot operated tailgate is another example, first available on the Rogue.

The Rogue is the best selling SUV/crossover in my area but that doesn't mean it's the best. It's outselling long time favorites like Escape, RAV4, CRV. Car experts put it in lower tier of the group. Not as fast as a CRV turbo, not handling as well as a CX5, not as reliable or spacious as a RAV4 but nice packaging and options with reasonable prices. It's also available in orange

I think its because the Rogue got a refresh at the end of 2016 and along with it some technology upgrades that pretty much put it on par/surpassed the Murano.

Murano has been relatively unchanged since it came out. Dont know if theyll bother to refresh it before releasing a new generation. With the Rogue, its in a pretty competitive market, and updating it was probably to help keep its top spot from competitors.
post #25 of 37 Old 06-24-2018, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Alright, I have been driving the Rogue for a week now, and it looks like it could be at least another week until parts come in and the insurance company decides what they are doing.

So, in that time, I have changed my perception of the Rogue. Yes, it still has an under powered 4 banger, and they have really screwed up the cargo room with the ridiculous "cargo management" system, which is pretty much an oxymoron. However, I can see why it sells so well. For what it is, a compact crossover SUV, it actually fills that niche pretty well. Interior room is good, and the safety and tech are pretty good. It actually has some features the Murano doesn't have.

Once I got used to the seats, and adjusted them about 100 times to find a comfortable position, they are OK. I'm driving the SV. I wonder if the SL with the leather seats would be more comfortable?

I think as a second vehicle, for local driving, errands, short trips, etc. it would be a decent car. The one I'm driving stickers for $17,000 less than my top of the line Platinum Murano, and they seem to deeply discount the Rogue. I'm sure the pricing and the packaging are very attractive to the many buyers of the Rogue.
R1ch likes this.

post #26 of 37 Old 06-24-2018, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
Alright, I have been driving the Rogue for a week now, and it looks like it could be at least another week until parts come in and the insurance company decides what they are doing.
So, in that time, I have changed my perception of the Rogue. Yes, it still has an under powered 4 banger, and they have really screwed up the cargo room with the ridiculous "cargo management" system, which is pretty much an oxymoron. However, I can see why it sells so well. For what it is, a compact crossover SUV, it actually fills that niche pretty well. Interior room is good, and the safety and tech are pretty good. It actually has some features the Murano doesn't have.
Once I got used to the seats, and adjusted them about 100 times to find a comfortable position, they are OK. I'm driving the SV. I wonder if the SL with the leather seats would be more comfortable?
I think as a second vehicle, for local driving, errands, short trips, etc. it would be a decent car. The one I'm driving stickers for $17,000 less than my top of the line Platinum Murano, and they seem to deeply discount the Rogue. I'm sure the pricing and the packaging are very attractive to the many buyers of the Rogue.

I think the S, SV, SL all share the same zero gravity seat just the shell (leather vs cloth) that changes.

Having sat in both I actually prefer the seat finish for the 2016 vs 2018, they went from a black synthetic velour to a more resilient cloth.

As a side note the 2016 seats get much hotter vs. 2018 on a typical summer day.

vs.

Current: Volvo S90 Inscription

GONE: 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD Pearl White on Graphite Leather, Technology Package, Phillips LED Fog Lights, Husky Liner Complete Protection Package, Aluminum Bumper Liner
post #27 of 37 Old 06-26-2018, 10:35 PM

My best guess...
The next gen murano (2010), will look more like the new Lexus rx series, or the 2019 Chevy blazer.

- LED DTRL on fog frame
- Android head unit
- Custom floor mat
- Kenwood 600W amp
-LED turn signal
-Accent LED lightning
post #28 of 37 Old 06-27-2018, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Yeah, that new Blazer looks pretty slick, considering its by GM.

More than likely, though, the new Murano's front will look something like this

https://www.autoguide.com/blog/wp-co...-Altima-01.jpg

And the interior, of course.

http://st.automobilemag.com/uploads/...-Altima-30.jpg
post #29 of 37 Old 06-27-2018, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 256 Post(s)
^^^ I think that looks great!
post #30 of 37 Old 06-27-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltimaNEO View Post
Yeah, that new Blazer looks pretty slick, considering its by GM.

And the interior, of course.

http://st.automobilemag.com/uploads/...-Altima-30.jpg
Hopefully not, I hate the screen that are sticking out like that

- LED DTRL on fog frame
- Android head unit
- Custom floor mat
- Kenwood 600W amp
-LED turn signal
-Accent LED lightning

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: