LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 13 Old 07-18-2018, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
front bumper trim removal

Hey guys....

looking on procedure on how to remove the chrome part on the front bumper part marked as 1 on the picture

I don't want to remove the entire bumper if I don't have too

I am replacing this part as well as part marked 3, but that one is easy, it's held in by clips all along the bottom

Thanks

2015 Murano Platinum Pearl White AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-18-2018, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 305 Post(s)
It's all one piece. I had a deer accident and they have to replace the entire fascia. Have it wrapped to match whatever you are doing.

2018 Platinum Red/Cashmere
post #3 of 13 Old 07-18-2018, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
That faux chrome piece is just held in place by push on clips, the best way to remove it is with a wedge trim removal piece and gently slide it in and pull back on it.

These photos shows you the where they are located within the part.

Just out of curiosity, why are you replacing that part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateKeper View Post
Hey guys....

looking on procedure on how to remove the chrome part on the front bumper part marked as 1 on the picture

I don't want to remove the entire bumper if I don't have too

I am replacing this part as well as part marked 3, but that one is easy, it's held in by clips all along the bottom

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Current: Volvo S90 Inscription

GONE: 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD Pearl White on Graphite Leather, Technology Package, Phillips LED Fog Lights, Husky Liner Complete Protection Package, Aluminum Bumper Liner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 07-18-2018, 12:42 PM

Garage
This is incorrect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
It's all one piece. I had a deer accident and they have to replace the entire fascia. Have it wrapped to match whatever you are doing.

GONE: 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD Pearl White on Graphite Leather, Technology Package, Phillips LED Fog Lights, Husky Liner Complete Protection Package, Aluminum Bumper Liner
post #5 of 13 Old 07-18-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Part 1 and Part 3 in my picture are separate pieces, and come off, I already have the parts as I ordered them from the dealer.

The chrome part appeared to have small screws holding it in place at each end, or so it appeared/appears, it's why I wanted to know if anyone has taken it off, if it's just the clips then it will not be a problem to remove

I just didn't want to cause more damage to the rest of the bumper, and needing to have it replaced entirely

The parts got damaged when my wife went rock climbing with the vehicle....

see post here

https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/...ng-murano.html

post #6 of 13 Old 07-18-2018, 01:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Part 1 and Part 3 in my picture are separate pieces, and come off, I already have the parts as I ordered them from the dealer.

The chrome part appeared to have small screws holding it in place at each end, or so it appeared/appears, it's why I wanted to know if anyone has taken it off, if it's just the clips then it will not be a problem to remove

I just didn't want to cause more damage to the rest of the bumper, and needing to have it replaced entirely

The parts got damaged when my wife went rock climbing with the vehicle....

see post here

https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/...ng-murano.html
Ahh, yes I do remember you posting about your wife's"rock climbing" experience. I've held the replacement part on my hand (I accidentally scratched the original on mine with a very low carwash turnaround spot) and IIRC it only had clips on it but one of the sides it does slides in then clips on.

I believe it was on the outer side, the part that goes down to the side of the bumper.

post #7 of 13 Old 07-18-2018, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

well I will just pull and poke, hopefully not make it worse...lucky for me it's already damaged......LOL

I can partially get my hand in behind the part, I can get in just to where the unit for the cruise control is, but I cannot pinch the tabs to have it pop out...

trim tool will have to do

I was trying to find any diagram, but nothing so far....ohhh well, I will just go for it...

post #8 of 13 Old 07-18-2018, 01:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
well I will just pull and poke, hopefully not make it worse...lucky for me it's already damaged......LOL

I was trying to find any diagram, but nothing so far....ohhh well, I will just go for it...

Search on eBay specially by the Nissan OEM part number, there are a lot of dealers who post the "blow out" part pictures and it gives you a pretty good idea. That's what I did, I got the pictures from there (which I no longer have sadly) in prep to replace it but I ended up selling the car out without bothering to fix that cosmetic blemish.

post #9 of 13 Old 07-18-2018, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks R1ch....

I did look and I see what looks like a screw possibly holding it, but I was not sure if it actually applied to this specific part, shows it for the right one, not the left, but that won't mean much, they just might not have put it in the picture...

post #10 of 13 Old 07-18-2018, 10:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks R1ch....

I did look and I see what looks like a screw possibly holding it, but I was not sure if it actually applied to this specific part, shows it for the right one, not the left, but that won't mean much, they just might not have put it in the picture...

I don't think that screw is pertinent to the trim part we're referring to.

post #11 of 13 Old 07-19-2018, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ch View Post
I don't think that screw is pertinent to the trim part we're referring to.

Well unfortunately it is......they are there to make sure the part stays in place, the tabs alone would not be enough....

There is one at each end of the trim piece, and they have to be removed, I was able to get one off, the one closest to the middle of the bumper, the one on the far left, well it seem I will have to go in from behind the wheel well cover, will need to move it out of the way first and see if I can get to it, if not, it will meant the entire bumper will have to come off, now that is going to be a pain the A$$......

So what I figured to be a quick and simple remove and replace, is going to turn into a few hours of work at the minimum.

I will have to do it where my son works and use their lift, lying on my back on the garage floor just isn't cutting it.....

Ohh and the one screw I did manage to remove, I dropped it, and it's now somewhere in the bottom of the bumper, hopefully it stays there until I get the bottom apart, otherwise I will have to order up one of them as well....

post #12 of 13 Old 07-19-2018, 08:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Well unfortunately it is......they are there to make sure the part stays in place, the tabs alone would not be enough....

There is one at each end of the trim piece, and they have to be removed, I was able to get one off, the one closest to the middle of the bumper, the one on the far left, well it seem I will have to go in from behind the wheel well cover, will need to move it out of the way first and see if I can get to it, if not, it will meant the entire bumper will have to come off, now that is going to be a pain the A$$......

So what I figured to be a quick and simple remove and replace, is going to turn into a few hours of work at the minimum.

I will have to do it where my son works and use their lift, lying on my back on the garage floor just isn't cutting it.....

Ohh and the one screw I did manage to remove, I dropped it, and it's now somewhere in the bottom of the bumper, hopefully it stays there until I get the bottom apart, otherwise I will have to order up one of them as well....

Good to know but ouch, what a pain in "the you know what".
Hope you get it sorted out.

post #13 of 13 Old 07-19-2018, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

It's just going to take more time that I thought it would......ohhhhhh well

R1ch likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: