Nissan Murano Forum banner

Snow

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  rjardine 
#1 ·
Not too many reviews or videos on the 15+ in the snow or winter driving! We have a new 18 with Continental tires. Canadian winters here so would like advice!!!

#2 ·
I'm not too sure about your tires because my Platinum came with Bridgestones. I haven't driven them in heavy snow but on light dusting they weren't too bad. I have winter tires and they are obviously much better then the all season. Just keep in mind... moving from a stop is one thing and stopping is another. Its a heavy car, so even with good tires you'll need to give some extra room. Otherwise, it drives well.

#3 ·
I'm in the same boat. Wasn't impressed with the stock Bridgestones on Mrs. Penguin's '15 and I've heard the Contis are possibly worse. Comparing her '15 to my 2010 CTS with stock Michelin Pilots I was disappointed.
I'm mentally preparing myself for the potential of replacing the Continentals if I dislike them a lot.

I'm trying to not think about snow yet, though I did see the snowflake icon on the dash last Tuesday near Canmore :(

#4 ·
Thanks I am in Calgary. We went from an Escape and the AWD was great with all season but it was RWD slip to FWD. Now it's FWD slip to RWD so not sure how different it is gonna be. Ford seems to use a 50% power ratio when you accelerate from a stop which is good, not sure if Nissan does this or just applies rear on ABS slip notification.

#9 ·
The 3rd Gen Murano applies AWD from a stop, but not neccessarily 50%. If no slippage is detected it reverts to FWD. If slippage detected applies power to the rears up to 50% as the system deems neccessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.